rearnakedchoke

Default Looks like Ghadafi is Dead ..

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/20/wo...ex.html?hpt=T1
Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

indeed....
Old 10-20-2011, 11:45 PM
3dlee

from what they were showing on Foxnews, he won't be missed much by Libians. It's a bad time to be a tyrant. They just keep getting knocked off.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:17 AM

The video images are horrifying.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
The video images are horrifying.
but they do proove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is really dead...and cross fire death my arse...the wounds are to accurate for that...I think they executed him
Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Dethbob

I don’t understand why people are acting shocked that they killed him. He made it plain that they would have to do that to get rid of him, and that he was willing to burn down the whole country to stay in power. Of course they killed him, wouldn’t you? Why are they calling for an investigation? To uncover the obvious?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 PM
3dlee

Why ask why? This guys dead, the world is a better place. Open and shut. Unless you just want to find the guy that killed him to give him a medal or a book deal, I say dont waste the effort.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
I don’t understand why people are acting shocked that they killed him. He made it plain that they would have to do that to get rid of him, and that he was willing to burn down the whole country to stay in power. Of course they killed him, wouldn’t you? Why are they calling for an investigation? To uncover the obvious?
Its called the myth of redemptive violence....technically speaking its a breach of law because technically speaking even the most vile of men have human rights and are supposed to be subject to legal judicial trial by jury.

Them doing to him what he did to them doesnt make them any more civilized does it. Particularly when he surrendered to them and begged for mercy...now I'm not saying he didnt deserve what he got...but this Rebel Faction has become a recongised Government now...and Recognized Governments cant simply just do what they like...There may yet be civil war now the leader who terrorized BUT held the country in one piece is dead...these Rebels planned for the fight...now the fight is over...what exactly are they going to do now...try to understand that some of them loved the chase and the violence of the war and the making of history...the next bit will be, frankly, an anti climax

So...its good he's gone...but dont pretend to miss the philosophical question mark...and note how, when it suits the western world, they turn a blind eye

Incidently...at least the Libyans managed to give undeniable proof of their kill...not every country has managed that this past year have they

Iraq prooved that you can bring a dictator to justice AND execute him in a legal manner. The National Transitional Council of Libya has already failed to live up to that...but I dont blame the Council because...the chances are they have no control over the individual rebels...I think THAT could be a serious problem in the long run.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
Why ask why? This guys dead, the world is a better place. Open and shut. Unless you just want to find the guy that killed him to give him a medal or a book deal, I say dont waste the effort.
If I recall correctly, it's the UNHRC that's calling for an investigation. I can hardly think of a more useless and idealogically-motivated organization than UNHRC.

A pox on their house.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

A pox on their house.

I agree with the sentiment about the UNHRC