Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 10-19-2011, 09:16 PM
cheachea

Default INQUISITION IN MODERN TIMES - Chris Pinto - Noise of Thunder Radio

Chris Pinto continues his discussion about the inquisition in modern times, including the Vatican's interest in a potential World War III. Chris references the book, "Vietnam, Why Did We Go?" by Avro Manhattan, and talks about the connection of the Vatican and different wars, including an oncoming World War III.

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/noise-...er-radio-show/
Old 10-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

The Vatican Department for the Inquisition still exists...it always has...its simply changed its name.

When Founded it was called "The Supreme Sacred Congregation of The Roman and Universal Inquisition"

It Changed its name at the end of the 1800s to "The Supreme Sacred Congregation of The Holy Office"

It is now called "The Congregation for The Doctrine of The Faith"

it is the Oldest Congregation of the Vatican...Congregations in Rome should be thought of as Government Departments...and Government Departments launch Pontifical Councils, which are akin to special projects for different areas of their jurisdiction. This is collectively known as the Roman Curia (Roman Court/Court of Rome)

Its absolutely no secret...except...that they now do a very poor job of enforcing their laws...where once they went overboard in quite the other direction....some think they could do with bringing back the full inquisition against these Peadophile Priests....burning at the stake might be considered too good for some though...

at its height the Curia opporated through around twenty different Congregations...now it only has Nine. The oldest, and still the most important is The Congregation for The Doctrine of The Faith...The Inquisition. After-all...the Current Pope Benedict, was the Prefect or Head of the Congregation prior to his Ellection to the Papacy.

The Head of the Last Inquisition is now the Pope! (actually...last but one...his deputy took over from him when he left in 2005...and he is to retire I think this year, or middle of next....but thats less dramatic isnt it )
Old 10-20-2011, 05:30 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
The Vatican Department for the Inquisition still exists...it always has...its simply changed its name.

When Founded it was called "The Supreme Sacred Congregation of The Roman and Universal Inquisition"

It Changed its name at the end of the 1800s to "The Supreme Sacred Congregation of The Holy Office"

It is now called "The Congregation for The Doctrine of The Faith"

it is the Oldest Congregation of the Vatican...Congregations in Rome should be thought of as Government Departments...and Government Departments launch Pontifical Councils, which are akin to special projects for different areas of their jurisdiction. This is collectively known as the Roman Curia (Roman Court/Court of Rome)

Its absolutely no secret...except...that they now do a very poor job of enforcing their laws...where once they went overboard in quite the other direction....some think they could do with bringing back the full inquisition against these Peadophile Priests....burning at the stake might be considered too good for some though...

at its height the Curia opporated through around twenty different Congregations...now it only has Nine. The oldest, and still the most important is The Congregation for The Doctrine of The Faith...The Inquisition. After-all...the Current Pope Benedict, was the Prefect or Head of the Congregation prior to his Ellection to the Papacy.

The Head of the Last Inquisition is now the Pope! (actually...last but one...his deputy took over from him when he left in 2005...and he is to retire I think this year, or middle of next....but thats less dramatic isnt it )
there is no way you wrote all that Dave ...
Old 10-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
there is no way you wrote all that Dave ...
YES

not only that...I knew it all...except I couldnt remember the actual order of the original names for the Inquisition and I admit I had to check I'd copied them out correctly...I was right about the Joly Office...but I forgot the word "Universal" in the original name for the inquisition...thank GOD for Wiki