Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,988
Default Why Earth is Special

Earth has Two Sisters within the Solar System, both which probably, at their protoplanet stage were the same as us.

We begin with Mars. Mars had a terrible fault. Firstly, it was the smallest of the Three, and secondly, it was the furthest away from the Sun. The evidence shows that Mars had an atmosphere, had weather, and had water, and then something went wrong.

It was too cold. It went cold, and the core Froze. The core was really important because a hot spinning metalic core creates a magnetic shield around the planet. No hot core, and the magnetic shield collapses, and when that happens the solar winds can rip the whole atmoshphere away, and then everything is lost to space.

Venus went the opposite way. It was the same size as Earth but it got to hot. It had an atmosphere, but due to being just slightly closer to the sun, the oceans evaporated, and it never got cold enough to rain. This was fine until the heat caused the core to speed up and get hotter, and the surface opened up like boils with lots of volcano. The dust went up...and there was no rain to wash it away. Rather then cooling the planet, the dust actually insulated the planet...it got so warm and such a heavy atmosphere, it crushed anything it had under too much pressure.

But Earth was the correct size to keep its atmosphere, the correct tempriture, retained a molten core, kept its magnetic shield...et voila


Other interests....Io...Jupiters closest moon, which is frozen...or at least has no hot core...but is so close to jupiter and is caught between Jupiters gravity and the other moons, that it actually physically changes shape during the Orbit, causing tares which of course get hot...its the most volcanically active place in the known universe....and two Moons away from it, a Frozen moon, which is far enough to stay frozen, but still splits and cracks when Jupiter makes it change shape...It has a solid core...and a liquid ocean of water under the ice (kept warm by Jupiter...but not warm enough to end up like Io) they think that the sort of bacterial shyte around the volcanic vents in our oceans could live their...of course...with a solid core...there might not be any vents...but the oceans are deeper then ours...and to the best of our knowledge there is no land...its an ocean moon.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-10-2011, 10:11 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Earth has Two Sisters within the Solar System, both which probably, at their protoplanet stage were the same as us.

We begin with Mars. Mars had a terrible fault. Firstly, it was the smallest of the Three, and secondly, it was the furthest away from the Sun. The evidence shows that Mars had an atmosphere, had weather, and had water, and then something went wrong.

It was too cold. It went cold, and the core Froze. The core was really important because a hot spinning metalic core creates a magnetic shield around the planet. No hot core, and the magnetic shield collapses, and when that happens the solar winds can rip the whole atmoshphere away, and then everything is lost to space.

Venus went the opposite way. It was the same size as Earth but it got to hot. It had an atmosphere, but due to being just slightly closer to the sun, the oceans evaporated, and it never got cold enough to rain. This was fine until the heat caused the core to speed up and get hotter, and the surface opened up like boils with lots of volcano. The dust went up...and there was no rain to wash it away. Rather then cooling the planet, the dust actually insulated the planet...it got so warm and such a heavy atmosphere, it crushed anything it had under too much pressure.

But Earth was the correct size to keep its atmosphere, the correct tempriture, retained a molten core, kept its magnetic shield...et voila


Other interests....Io...Jupiters closest moon, which is frozen...or at least has no hot core...but is so close to jupiter and is caught between Jupiters gravity and the other moons, that it actually physically changes shape during the Orbit, causing tares which of course get hot...its the most volcanically active place in the known universe....and two Moons away from it, a Frozen moon, which is far enough to stay frozen, but still splits and cracks when Jupiter makes it change shape...It has a solid core...and a liquid ocean of water under the ice (kept warm by Jupiter...but not warm enough to end up like Io) they think that the sort of bacterial shyte around the volcanic vents in our oceans could live their...of course...with a solid core...there might not be any vents...but the oceans are deeper then ours...and to the best of our knowledge there is no land...its an ocean moon.

The Earth is special because GOD created it. That's pretty much all we need to know.

All this stuff about Mars having an atmosphere really cannot be proven. It's a nice little science fiction story, but we simply don't know enough about Mars to say for a fact that it ever had an atmosphere.

Do you really believe that scientists, who reject even the possibility of GOD, can properly examine the evidence presented to them about our universe? Either they subconsciously (or consciously) twist the facts to fit their own personal worldviews, or they simply misinterpret the evidence because they have left out the most important part of the equation: GOD.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-10-2011, 02:25 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

just think how awesome earth was when we had a firmament

if you want to study something tyburn, you should study the pre-firmament theories, they are very interesting


i have saw research that suggest the firmament was a literal frozen water forcefield around the earth. This caused the barometric pressure to be better and the oxygen to be better for humans. Theoretically in these conditions a man could run forever and never get tired. He would have more oxygen in the air and the blood cells would have the ability to absord and deliver the oxygen due to the correct barometric pressure. Scientists have discovered the effects of increased oxygen and barometric pressure and how it rapidly speeds up healing and such, they have developed hyperbaric chambers, used mostly now for treatment of burns and the bends. Increased oxygen means increased healing.

if you think about it, it would make sense that God created us in perfect form, we would have never got tired. Possibly never slept. But running and never running out of breath or cells running out of oxygen. Same theory as atheletes inhaling oxygen on the sidelines, just multiplied exponentially, and also adding the fact that correct pressure would allow the cells to absorb and deliver efficiently.

The sky would have been pink, because the ice firmament would have refracted differently the light coming through. Which scientists say pink is a much more soothing color and actually increases the ammounts of seratonin the brain produces which is would reduce anxiety and depression at the same time.

If you ever wondered why people lived to 900 years old, you could believe it in firmament times.

No rain, the atmosphere would have been different, causing a mist, not a fog.

Maybe people wouldn't have even sweated or gotten dehydrated.

As mma fans we know how pressure changes fighters endurance, just imagine a global optimal pressure and oxygen level.

I know this is theory, but no more theoretical than anything coming out of scientists mouths today. It takes me less faith to believe this than most of what they say.

One thing for sure, the world is waxing old....... not evolving.

When noahs flood came and God destoyed the firmament. And it came crashing to earth melting it would have easily covered the earth in water, quickly. Which by the way there is a point 11 miles up which is the perfect tempearture to support a firmament, below freezing yet close enough to the surface of the earth to do something. Also remember the people in noahs time had never seen rain and that noah's ark was not boat shaped, it was coffin shaped.

Anyways, i subscribe to the theory that it was one supercontinent, pangea.

And if you could imagine all that water coming to rest on top of the land, then the land attempting to float, it would have easily busted The Continent into 7 pieces, which are our continents today. Then as the land shifted and water drained off the land, imagine the silt that water would have moved, and the amount of land it would have cut away. Imagine the pressure all that water would have created on the land, causing it to turn to rock in a short period of time. Imagine all the life that would have been washed into small areas, possibly something to do with making our oil reserves.



well i kinda rambled didn't i?

The seasons would have been drastically different, possibly having no seasons, because the firmament would have crfeated a real greenhouse effect. And if we were one continent, we would have been ideally placed, not in the extremes like the poles.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
The Earth is special because GOD created it. That's pretty much all we need to know.

All this stuff about Mars having an atmosphere really cannot be proven. It's a nice little science fiction story, but we simply don't know enough about Mars to say for a fact that it ever had an atmosphere.

Do you really believe that scientists, who reject even the possibility of GOD, can properly examine the evidence presented to them about our universe? Either they subconsciously (or consciously) twist the facts to fit their own personal worldviews, or they simply misinterpret the evidence because they have left out the most important part of the equation: GOD.
GOD created the whole Universe...so by default that makes Earth no more special then any other thing in the Universe.

I believe that Science is the Glorification of GOD in Creation, thats what I believe. Science endevours to uncover truth...sooner or later they will arrive at GOD because he is Truth. What I dont do, like you, is demonize everything, because of a few doubting individuals, and therefore write off the whole sherbang.

A lot of scientists ARE Christian...some even became Christian BECAUSE of seeing how impossible it is to get an ordered Universe like all the facts show, without design. Unlike yourself, I view all the facts for myself, and make my own decision, that means looking at Science...the first and early scientists who uncovered all the laws about physics were Christian...and they got in to trouble because they showed how GOD can not be contained anymore by religious dogma...like the one you follow for example about the age of the Earth which is based on nothing more then the thoughts of an abstract following of a lineage as much symbolic in specific amounts of time, as it is in reality...thats nothing but someones world view, and silly church dogma....then it can be contained by a pure Enlightenment view that the universe some how managed to use these laws of science to come to what it has by pure statistical chance....neither are very clever Nathan.

So I examine things myself and say what I think. GOD designed the Earth to such a degree its a statistic impossibility without him being most precise...the signs are all there...we can see what happens when planets like are own are just a tiny bit further away, or a tiny bit closer...GOD is demonstrating to us that the Earth being just right, is not a matter of cooincidence...its a matter of design to an almost silly statistical point.

Anyone seeing this should think...what are the possibilities of that without some greater force. THAT is the whole idea, that you can use these signs to discover a GOD even if you are not Christian...you have to bloody go through creation with your eyes shut not to see that things were MADE, they didnt just happen. Ever ask yourself why the leaves if Trees in Autumn look so beautiful?? Whats the point in that?? Beauty for beauties sake??? There is no reason why these things need to be so beautiful...and if you say its all about the structure of the dying leaf...Id ask why that structure, those building block, would just happen to form by chance to look so visually stunning...and the fact this happens so often makes it stupid to think that its not deliberately planned...is their any need for gases in a void to glow pink and green and white?? Why should the most dull of things shine so bright...the study of Science can only ultimately lead to something beyond the rules it uses by the sheer volume of examples.

But you are as bad as those who burry their head in the rules of science, by your inability to leave your own indoctrinated world view, and see that GOD is bigger then you, and Bigger then the Church...and infact bigger then Christianity and can use any tool he wants to show himself off to the world...even if they refuse to see whats really there.

They write you off as religious nutcases because you are as closed minded as those who said the world is flat, once thought to be a RELIGIOUS truth. You write them off because one or two of the loudest voices proclaim the rules above the rule maker. The two of you will never find GOD who stands between you and links you both indellably together, by virtue of the fact that he Created everything you lot are fighting over the details of.

So Scientifically Mars probably did have an atmosphere, and I outlined a way the laws of science, which were created by GOD, could lead to its demise, and I use that as a good illustration of how GOD is reaching out to those who care enough to examine it, in his own brand of Evengelism, that doesnt involve, and doesnt need you, to say to those who look into the sky "I created far more then the earth, look and see how special my Earth is by seeing all the case studies of what the Earth could have been like if I had not taken special care of its creation and moulded those very laws I created to get what I wanted at a stupid rate of probability, and try and deny that there is something guiding these laws I have revealed to you." They will seek...and they will find....and When they do...IMHO they will have an easier relationship with GOD because it wont be hindered by Church Dogma. Which is actually everything in this scenario that you represent, even though your pet hate is dogma...posts like you made make you a stumbling block to Scientists rather then an aid to get them to the point where their own findings are screaming the name of GOD to them.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
just think how awesome earth was when we had a firmament

if you want to study something tyburn, you should study the pre-firmament theories, they are very interesting


i have saw research that suggest the firmament was a literal frozen water forcefield around the earth. This caused the barometric pressure to be better and the oxygen to be better for humans. Theoretically in these conditions a man could run forever and never get tired. He would have more oxygen in the air and the blood cells would have the ability to absord and deliver the oxygen due to the correct barometric pressure. Scientists have discovered the effects of increased oxygen and barometric pressure and how it rapidly speeds up healing and such, they have developed hyperbaric chambers, used mostly now for treatment of burns and the bends. Increased oxygen means increased healing.

if you think about it, it would make sense that God created us in perfect form, we would have never got tired. Possibly never slept. But running and never running out of breath or cells running out of oxygen. Same theory as atheletes inhaling oxygen on the sidelines, just multiplied exponentially, and also adding the fact that correct pressure would allow the cells to absorb and deliver efficiently.

The sky would have been pink, because the ice firmament would have refracted differently the light coming through. Which scientists say pink is a much more soothing color and actually increases the ammounts of seratonin the brain produces which is would reduce anxiety and depression at the same time.

If you ever wondered why people lived to 900 years old, you could believe it in firmament times.

No rain, the atmosphere would have been different, causing a mist, not a fog.

Maybe people wouldn't have even sweated or gotten dehydrated.

As mma fans we know how pressure changes fighters endurance, just imagine a global optimal pressure and oxygen level.

I know this is theory, but no more theoretical than anything coming out of scientists mouths today. It takes me less faith to believe this than most of what they say.

One thing for sure, the world is waxing old....... not evolving.

When noahs flood came and God destoyed the firmament. And it came crashing to earth melting it would have easily covered the earth in water, quickly. Which by the way there is a point 11 miles up which is the perfect tempearture to support a firmament, below freezing yet close enough to the surface of the earth to do something. Also remember the people in noahs time had never seen rain and that noah's ark was not boat shaped, it was coffin shaped.

Anyways, i subscribe to the theory that it was one supercontinent, pangea.

And if you could imagine all that water coming to rest on top of the land, then the land attempting to float, it would have easily busted The Continent into 7 pieces, which are our continents today. Then as the land shifted and water drained off the land, imagine the silt that water would have moved, and the amount of land it would have cut away. Imagine the pressure all that water would have created on the land, causing it to turn to rock in a short period of time. Imagine all the life that would have been washed into small areas, possibly something to do with making our oil reserves.



well i kinda rambled didn't i?

The seasons would have been drastically different, possibly having no seasons, because the firmament would have crfeated a real greenhouse effect. And if we were one continent, we would have been ideally placed, not in the extremes like the poles.
I will have to look into that, because it is true that the atmosphere changes over time. You speak...and the Bible speaks of Waters covering the Sea which doesnt make immediate sence because the sea is water...But What I am really interested in is something I learned just yesterday and how the ties in with your talk of Ice.

It has been suggested that when the Solar System was setting itself up, Jupiter at one point accidently reflected another gas Giant by virtue of Gravity almost out of the system. This Gas Giant smashed into a ring of debrie around the system which was what was left of the formation of the planets, the result was to send comets of Ice ping ponging around the system.

It is thought that until that point, that the Water cycle was geared towards a cycle of Methane...which is what some other planets were left with, but that the Bombardment brought lots of commets our way that impacted, and as they hit us, the speed melted them into water. It is the idea that the water in our oceans is melted Commets. What that would have done of course is send a lot of ice and shyte into the Atmosphere for a long time...like a nuclear winter, but one built of Ice and not ash...thus letting in the light rather then shutting it out...but still thousands of ice crystals in the atmosphere for ever until they finally fall to earth.

Does that sound like a possible way for the Firmament to have been created and then over time dissapear?

I discovered that theory LAST NIGHT and see how well it ties in with your preposition today what a Cooincidence
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2011, 05:44 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
even though your pet hate is dogma...
GOD created the heavens and the earth - that's not dogma, that's absolute truth. Truth and dogma are not the same thing. Sorry, Dave, get your emotions under control and try again when you can form rational thoughts.

I understand that there are a lot of scientists who believe in GOD out there, I've bought several books written by them; but you are fooling yourself if you think they are allowed to freely express their faith in GOD without repercussions from the scientific community.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2011, 05:50 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I will have to look into that, because it is true that the atmosphere changes over time. You speak...and the Bible speaks of Waters covering the Sea which doesnt make immediate sence because the sea is water...But What I am really interested in is something I learned just yesterday and how the ties in with your talk of Ice.

It has been suggested that when the Solar System was setting itself up, Jupiter at one point accidently reflected another gas Giant by virtue of Gravity almost out of the system. This Gas Giant smashed into a ring of debrie around the system which was what was left of the formation of the planets, the result was to send comets of Ice ping ponging around the system.

It is thought that until that point, that the Water cycle was geared towards a cycle of Methane...which is what some other planets were left with, but that the Bombardment brought lots of commets our way that impacted, and as they hit us, the speed melted them into water. It is the idea that the water in our oceans is melted Commets. What that would have done of course is send a lot of ice and shyte into the Atmosphere for a long time...like a nuclear winter, but one built of Ice and not ash...thus letting in the light rather then shutting it out...but still thousands of ice crystals in the atmosphere for ever until they finally fall to earth.

Does that sound like a possible way for the Firmament to have been created and then over time dissapear?

I discovered that theory LAST NIGHT and see how well it ties in with your preposition today what a Cooincidence
GOD placed the water on the earth. All that melted comets nonsense is an attempt to explain the existence of the oceans without GOD. Which is impossible. It's like trying to explain the existence of babies while simultaneously rejecting the existence of mothers. It simply can't be done.

The change to the earth's atmosphere would have happened after the Flood described in Genesis. It would have been very sudden and it's where all the water needed to cover the earth completely would have come from. If you pay attention to the lifespans listed in the geneologies of Genesis, you will see people living 800-900 years pre-Flood, then those lifespans would begin to drop off after the Flood until Abraham's time - when the human lifespan was pretty similar to what it is today.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
GOD created the heavens and the earth - that's not dogma, that's absolute truth. Truth and dogma are not the same thing. Sorry, Dave, get your emotions under control and try again when you can form rational thoughts.

2) I understand that there are a lot of scientists who believe in GOD out there, I've bought several books written by them; but you are fooling yourself if you think they are allowed to freely express their faith in GOD without repercussions from the scientific community.
1) Yes. But did he do it in 404BC? Well thats not an absolute truth now is it

2) I never claimed anything about repuccusions. I never mentioned Repuccussions. I simply said there are some Scientists who are Christian, so dont write everything scientific off.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:14 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
1) Yes. But did he do it in 404BC? Well thats not an absolute truth now is it

2) I never claimed anything about repuccusions. I never mentioned Repuccussions. I simply said there are some Scientists who are Christian, so dont write everything scientific off.
Of course He didn't do it in 404 BC, that's only 2415 years ago. The earth is as least 5772 years old (which is the current calculation for the Jewish calendar, starting from day 8 of creation up to today - the Jewish calendar doesn't count the first 7 days as part of it's calendar).

I'm not writing off anything scientific. I love science and I study it every chance I get. I simply get annoyed with people, especially Christians, who try to use it as a substitute for GOD. Not only does that misrepresent science, but it defames GOD.

Failing to glorify GOD in all things, including creation, is one of the ultimate sins that anyone can commit. So, if you view the natural world and fail to give 100% of the glory for that world to GOD, then you are living in open rebellion to the Creator of the universe.

Keep that in mind the next time you wonder why GOD doesn't seem to be answering your prayers or rescuing you from certain sins that you might struggle with.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
1) GOD placed the water on the earth. All that melted comets nonsense is an attempt to explain the existence of the oceans without GOD. Which is impossible. It's like trying to explain the existence of babies while simultaneously rejecting the existence of mothers. It simply can't be done.

2) The change to the earth's atmosphere would have happened after the Flood described in Genesis. It would have been very sudden and it's where all the water needed to cover the earth completely would have come from. If you pay attention to the lifespans listed in the geneologies of Genesis, you will see people living 800-900 years pre-Flood, then those lifespans would begin to drop off after the Flood until Abraham's time - when the human lifespan was pretty similar to what it is today.
1) Of course GOD placed the water on Earth...the question is, how did he do that? What processes following his own made laws did he use?? Did he simply allow chemicals to be present that would make rain? did he provide rain in the form of Melted Commets during the Bombardment? Its not about getting rid of GOD...its the opposite. Its the revelation of GOD in the Natural World. This is a search for Truth...and GOD says we should search for Truth...that is all Scientists are trying to do. It takes a long time for them to get to the Truth...but inevitably they will arrive at the conclusion that behind all these laws is the person who created the laws...because laws of physics didnt just suddenly appear...they are not random, they are terrifically logical...too logical to explain away as something Random. This isnt excluding GOD...it is a Non Religious attempt to find him. Thats how I look at Science...thats how a lot of Scientists who are Christian think about it also.

2) There are many theories about the Deluge, about what caused it and about how it physically happened.

One theory is about a Glacial melt at the end of the Ice Age...the times approximately correct. Another theory might be the distruction of the Fermament. We DO know two things...the Deluge is not just a Biblical Reference or a theory...its a known Historical Fact according to ALL the Civilizations on the planet around at the time. Secondly we DO know that slight changes in the environment can have an impact world wide. An Earthquake can effect the earths orbit, a Volcano can bring down the average world tempriture for a decade...so anything causing that amount of flooding could have been triggered by a relatively small event...ONE Volcano called Santorini is all GOD needed to bring all the plagues to Egypt AND to momentarily dry up the entire Red Sea...we may not be looking at something as large as a Glacial Melt or a Fermament Collapse to explain the deluge...but we also know that changes on that scale, or even less can change life on the planet. So however GOD did it...we can all aggree that Things before the Deluge and things After the Deluge were as if Earth were two different Planets ecologically speaking.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.