Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 10-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Do you believe in Guardian Angels

All Three Monothestic Religions believe that Angelic Host Exist. Quite what they do, how they are organized, and what amount of freewill they have is open for debate.

The Scriptures generally depict Angelic Host in one of three ways. The first is those directly in the Entourage of GOD and often spoken of in the mystical writings of Prophecy, where they sometimes look like floating spinning wheels, or creatures with many eyes, or humanoid with multiple faces. These Host generally inhabit the throne room and spend their entire existance in the presence of GOD worshipping.

The Second Depiction is also largely apokraphal in nature. That is the idea that Angelic Host are a vast army at the Command of GOD and that they spend their time punishing Evil Human Beings, and Fighting Evil Angels.

In Both Judaism and Christianity there are different classifications of Host, they look different, and do different jobs. The Jewish Belief is far more detailed, and far more expanseive then the Christian Belief.

The Final Depiction of the Angelic host is as messengers doing Opus Dei. They may go an tell messages from the heavenly realm to Human beings, Or they may arrive to do particular actions during which they appear in the form of other Human Beings. This ideal of contact is made regular in the New Testament.

The question is, how far do we take this. The Scriptures would lead us to belief that Angelic Host in this day and age are almost a test for the average Christian. Some have entertained Angels and been quite unaware. They also seem to be a source behind a lot of the oppressive Regiemes, for the New Testament Writers believe that when they stand up in a political sense they are as much in a battle with the spirits behind those politicians, then the mortal men of Governments. In Revelation, GOD writes to Host who are put in charge of Churches...whether this is to be taken literally is uncertain.

What is certain is that Goodness and Badness breeds atmospheres in places, Is this enough for us to suppose that there are Host put in charge of the spiritual opporations of Businesses, or Houses, or Cathedrals?

...and then there is the thought that GOD uses his Angels directly to help Humans, as the Psalmist Writes, and as the Angels were known to attend Christ after the Temptation.

What make you of all this?

Are individuals Protected by Individual Host? Are Governments and Dwellings covered by overlooking Spiritual administrators? Or is it just a group of far off Robotic beings, who swoop down and protect on the odd occasion, in the specific circumstance of an event...?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 PM

Angels-Yes

"Guardian" Angels-No
Old 10-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Angels-Yes

"Guardian" Angels-No
See...I could see there being a Division of Angels to Guard people. But I too dont really think every single person has their own Angel Body Guard...I mean...half the time I dont think that level of care is needed...I could see person attachment of Angels for small spells of time (A person going through depression) I might, just be able to believe that terribly important people who have the ability to do dreadful things might have a squad of Host attached to them...

but then it gets silly...soooo do heathen get Guardian Angels?? WTF is wrong with the Gaurdian Angel of a mass murderer?

But I wondered what other people thought.