Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 09-28-2011, 03:20 AM
Load Option

Default Football & Dove Season

Well football season is off and going down here in Texas and it is going well. We are currently 4-0 and our homecoming game is this week.

Dove season started this past weekend and we didn't do so good on our place but have seen some nice deer show up to my feeder.

Anybody else been doing some hunting?

I also just picked up a Rock River Operator 2 AR-15. It is awesome!!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:46 AM
Rev

Thank God!! Another brother with the fever!! Man I have been working on my wifes stands and trying to get everythinig ready for October 1st like a slave!! I cant wait to sling a Gold Tip shaft with a G5-T3 tip! I am dying!! My wife bought me a Z7 Xtreme for my birthday and I have been waiting till deer season to kill with it. I can take it and kill a hog anytime but I want to break it in with a deer. What part of Texas you hunting?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:41 AM
huan

had a slow opener in AZ, only knocked down about 12 birds across two mornings. I also discovered there's no quicker way to wake up than a few #8s to the face. guy seemed to vanish after he realized he was shooting right into my friend and me. I had to ask for forgiveness for the words I uttered that morning. looking forward to quail in a couple weeks!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:11 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
had a slow opener in AZ, only knocked down about 12 birds across two mornings. I also discovered there's no quicker way to wake up than a few #8s to the face. guy seemed to vanish after he realized he was shooting right into my friend and me. I had to ask for forgiveness for the words I uttered that morning. looking forward to quail in a couple weeks!
i found the guy who did it!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Load Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Thank God!! Another brother with the fever!! Man I have been working on my wifes stands and trying to get everythinig ready for October 1st like a slave!! I cant wait to sling a Gold Tip shaft with a G5-T3 tip! I am dying!! My wife bought me a Z7 Xtreme for my birthday and I have been waiting till deer season to kill with it. I can take it and kill a hog anytime but I want to break it in with a deer. What part of Texas you hunting?
Goliad County