Old 09-28-2011, 12:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
update - been a while.
still on weight, acutally better now that the weight class was raised to 187.5
maintaining cardio but focusing on strength and explosiveness
still dropping fat and putting on muscle although all the cardio earlier on seemed to effect my strength negatively.

all in all things are going well and i will start wrestling full time in a few weeks.
worked hard today for an hour and consistantly recovered from 180 to 150bpm in less than a minute.

more later, thanks for taking the time to read.
Dude, good work, man. Keep putting in the time!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:14 PM
suntereo

Wink

well, had a bad night on friday. practiced light wrestling for about an hour and a half and about an hour in started sweating much more than the work load should have warranted. Gutted out the last 30 minutes but I was basically worthless and feeling very dizzy/nautious. Started throwing up in the showers and that continued for quite a while. Lost 9lbs between the workout and vomitting.

I have a history of systemic yeast infection/diverticulitus that is hereditary. My father had his first of 4 surgeries to repair diverticulitus around 30years old and my grandmother eventually passed away from complications in her old age related to the same thing.

I've done better than either of them thru diet and such but stress is one contributor that I am poor at managing. Being a husband, father of five, business owner/employer of 15 and head wrestling coach comes with a little stress. I should probably lighten my load but nobody will take my kids .

Will be going to the doctor this week so please keep me in your prayers. thanks for taking the time to read. - bodi
Old 10-12-2011, 03:28 AM
suntereo

still going to the doctor but i did had an amazing practiice tonight. polar opposite of the one described above.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:57 AM
County Mike

Best of luck to you man. Glad you felt better in your latest workout.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:55 PM
suntereo

competed last night, went 2-0 against 17 and 19 year old 213lbers. I weighed 183 but it was an informal dual and the 185ers declined to compete with me. This makes it sound like i'm bada$$ but actually the competition was just kinda week. the adults that were ther were mostly guys volunteering at the highschool wrestling team and not serious wrestlers