Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
great tale boom .. sounds like the week was great ... but this thread needs more pics and videos ..
DONE! Vids to come tomorrow
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Boomer, you are such a terrific person!
Not even but thank you Bonnie! I think you are pretty terrific yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amills View Post
Thanks again Boomer. i don't think there is any athelete in the country that goes to the level Matt does to make his fans feel like part of the experience. you definitely the "Elmer's" that keeps us stuck to Matt.
Thanks amills. If people see the matt I see the world would be a fan of his. Thats my goal. This Boomer Tale isn't that great but I had the situation where some of the only other people I'd bend over backward for had part of my attention. My brother and my nephews ... I see them about the same amount of time I see matt in a year. It was cool in some aspects and uncool I had to share that time. But it was fun and my brother is now a UFC fan.

This is my Nephews Knight party on Sunday ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN View Post
Thanks Boomer for insight. Great to hear how everything comes together.
Glad you liked it Chi

Last edited by Boomer; 09-27-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Silverback

Dont have a lot of time right now, I want to tell my side of the story just right, but I have a picture I want to share that hit me hard, I was on my feet watching Matt, and I believe it was takin about 2 1/2 min's into the the first round, now remember I really didnt get a good look at the picture untill I had downloaded it from my Blackberry to my computer. Now the reason I wanted to say this about the picture is, I am watching Matt take it to Kos and thought how much better Matt was getting with his stand up,( Matt P is the man) and at about the time I snapped the shot with my phone cam, it stuck in my head, how crisp his punches was, now look how clear the picture turned out. Boomer your something else my friend, I dont know who was having more fun, you or your nephews at the knight party!!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Dont have a lot of time right now, I want to tell my side of the story just right
I know the feeling

And yes, I had fun with the family. I need some sleep though My ears are ringing and Im starting to see dots ...

It was really good to see you Danny
Old 09-27-2011, 02:59 AM
SteveT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I know the feeling

And yes, I had fun with the family. I need some sleep though My ears are ringing and Im starting to see dots ...

It was really good to see you Danny
Are you sure the 'dots' you are referring too are dots or is it the glare coming from the dress of 'Celine Dion' at karaoke night?
Old 09-27-2011, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
Are you sure the 'dots' you are referring too are dots or is it the glare coming from the dress of 'Celine Dion' at karaoke night?
Yes ... VIDS tomorrow
Old 09-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya

Thanks for always sharing Boomer....

For those of us who werent able to be there...
Although....Now...I'm quite jealous!

Looks like Good Times!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:08 PM
hughesfan4life

lookslike a fun time guys!,the pics are awesome!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:55 PM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Boomer;176991]

Love this shot. I guessing it's the morning after. Matt looks like he is deep in thought. Reflecting on what happen the night before. With his biggest fan by his side.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 PM

Default Llama's Tale

Hey Forum folks, Llama here!

Well my part of the week started Thursday mornign as I eagerly ddeparted from NY's La Guardia airport. I had a transfer in Atlanta but was in Denver before I knew it.
When I landed I received a voicemail from Boomer letting me know that he was tied up with Matt's weight cutting and would most likely meet me later on. Boomer had gotten a room near downtown for us to crash in Friday and Saturday (as we knew the karaoke would be epic) so I grabbed and easy shuttle service and headed toward the Mile High City. On the way I checked in with Red (SteveT) and his wife Lynsey. We didn;t realize we were going to be landing so close or we probably would have arranged some sort carpool situation, but alas, things work the way they do;)

I got to the Ramada, which was about a half mile from The Pepsi Center, and checked in. They were kind enough to extend the reservation to cover Thursday night and all was right with the world. I was content to eat some junkfood and watch cable TV for the rest of the day. You see, I don't have cable at home so this is a treat for me
Boomer texted me and said he was helping Matt but would try and swing over and get me later on. I replied that I was happy as a clam and that not to rush. Matt is the priority this trip and the last thing I want to do is disrupt their routine. So I watched that movie about the hiker who cuts his own arm off, ate cup o soup and sandwiches, and hunkered down for the night. Boomer texted a little bit later to say he had to take Jeremy Horn to the airport bright and early and that he was just going ot crash with Matt. No problemo!

The next day I woke up to a text from Boomer that said "3.5lbs over!". I responded "No problem, right? WAR HUGHES". Boomer responded, "RIGHT!"

I then checked in with Danny (Silverback) and he had arrived and was enroute with John Davis.

Boomer let me know where the weigh ins were and where we'd be eating after weighins, so I thought it'd be good to head downtown and get my bearings. I also wanted to get a sense of where everything was in case anyone needed help getting with directions. So I, threw on my Team Hughes (Boomer edition) t-shirt, took a free shuttle to The Wells Fargo center, and found a starbucks right across the street.

I had a map of downtown and the gal at starbucks was really helpful in plotting all the locations. Boomer then texted and asked if I would contact the Frontier Inn and see if we could get a reservation for our Karaoke extravaganza. I called them and they were more than happy to put a table for 15 aside for us. I let Boomer know we were good to go and he said "great, see ya at the restaurant after weighins"!

I guzzled some coffee and a sandwich and about that time Danny shoots me a text.
"where ya at"
"Starbucks by Welss Fargo Theatre. You?"
"In Fight Club Line"
"Be there in 5"
That was my cue so I gathered my stuf and hoofed it over to the theatre.
I got to the back of the line and didn't see the old man;)
Then after a quick call we spotted eachother.
I asked if everyone he was with had a bracelet to get in (as I had a guest pass that I hated to see go to waste)
Danny mentioned that Ch