Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
octagon junkie

Another great tale Boomer, nice to know some things don't change.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:17 PM
rearnakedchoke

great tale boom .. sounds like the week was great ... but this thread needs more pics and videos ..
Old 09-26-2011, 03:18 PM

Great tale, Boomer. I've got both my sis-in-laws in town so won't be able to update my end of the story until tomorrow. Trust me there are some KEY things from the forum side that have been omitted. no fault of Boomers the guy was all over Denver. LOL I've added a few pics in my album that Steve Red took, but they're enormous so I have to shrink them down

You all were missed greatly!

[
Old 09-26-2011, 03:46 PM
kevint13

I'll add my little story.....

I got up at 4:30 am on Saturday morning so that I could get to the airport. I was not entirely awake (who would be?) and forgot all kinds of stuff. I did have the main necessities for this trip....Matt Hughes OMR shirt, credit card I bought the tickets with, and my ID.

I leave San Diego and get to Denver around 10:00 am. I meet up with my parents and my sister and her family (I am originally from CO). We go to the zoo and hang out there until about 1:30 and then my dad and I take off and head to the Pepsi Center.

I had remembered that there was an autograph signing going on from 2:00 until fight time, so we stood in line to get autographs. I thought it was supposed to be Bisping, Rashad, Ludwig, and Schaub....but Rashad was not there and Bisping was just roaming around.

Got into the fights and we were 8 rows up and were sitting about 5 seats over from the tunnel that Matt and Bones came out of (also where all the fighters exited to after their fights). They were really good seats and you could pretty much watch the whole fight in the cage rather than watching the big screen. The crowd was amazing, I have never seen or heard a more pro-Hughes crowd....it was great and made me proud to be a fan! When Hank started playing, it was electric.

The fight didn't go how we all hoped, but Matt did a great job. His standup looked great and he surprised Kos. From what I remember, it was a knee that Matt tried that caused him to get off balance and that is where Kos got him.

After the fights we head back to our hotel. My dad decided to go to the bar there to get a drink and some food. I stayed at the hotel trying to see if I could find out where everyone might be....One problem, cell phone is dead. This is where things get interesting.

Sooooo...I leave the hotel and start walking around, looking for somewhere to eat and just hang out. I turn the corner and there is Bubba Gump's. So I head in and sit at the bar. I order some food and a beer and am just thinking about the fights. Next thing I know some guy with a mohawk walks by. First thought, "No way...can't be Chuck". He turns around, yep it is the Iceman. A little later on, I see someone wearing a Team Hughes sweatshirt that looks like Boomer. I finish my meal and pay and head back to where Boomer went and I walk in the room where everyone is.

It was simply luck that I ran into everyone there, but I am not complaining. I got to meet most of my favorite fighters and some forum members. It was a great night that I will always remember.

I am not sure what Matt's future holds, but I can tell this is going to be hard to walk away from. Matt has said that he loves spending time with the guys and it seemed that Saturday night was no different.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
SteveT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Great tale, Boomer. I've got both my sis-in-laws in town so won't be able to update my end of the story until tomorrow. Trust me there are some KEY things from the forum side that have been omitted. no fault of Boomers the guy was all over Denver. LOL I've added a few pics in my album that Steve Red took, but they're enormous so I have to shrink them down
You all were missed greatly!
LOL yeah, they were pretty big....

Great Blog as always Boomer...I will wait until Llama puts in his input and then I will be sure to put in anything he might have missed...."knee pads"
Old 09-27-2011, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default Few Photos

I talked with Tracy from Combatlifestyle.com about getting us some good pictures and that she did. Here are a few. Go check out her site for more:

Matt And Jon at pre-fight press conference

Matt at Weigh ins

Matt Pena, Jeremy Horn, Boomer. matt, Hogie, Robbie, Tony Zucca, Maria, and the photographer Tracy

matt and Jeremy

Matt and Matt or Pena and Boomer

My place with the crew

Squeeze me in the middle

Ride up to room 801

Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

Default After Party Pics

Old 09-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default More afterparty

Look who showed up

Old 09-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

Default Few Extra

Old 09-27-2011, 02:23 AM
SteveT

That last picture in post# 27 is awesome. I was talking with the waitress before he came in and this little boy had been waiting in the restaurant for over 90 minutes for Matt to show up at the after party and they said he wouldn't stop watching the stairwell for Matt so when he arrived the boy got really excited and all he wanted to do all night was meet Matt. Of course, Matt being the person he is welcomed the boy and his parents into the afterparty and the look on his face when Matt was standing there to greet him at the door when he came in was priceless.