Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 09-22-2011, 01:37 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default TUF 14.01 ***SPOILERS***

Loved the fact that Ferguson ended the first fight the exact same way that Bisping's last TUF run ended!

The Brazilian looked good.

Really happy to see Dodson win his fight. He's a VA boy who's moved out to Jackson's gym now.

Next fight was a good comeback.

Too bad that the other Ferguson didn't make it in with his brother.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:21 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Very impressed by Marcus's ability to stay calm with his back taken, but MAN can Hansen take a punch! Gotta hope Brimage didn't punch himself out. Steve steps in & he didn't.

Now we get Carson Beebe, Chase's little brother fighting a guy who's apparently a 30+ fight vet in Bedford. Really nice back & forth between the two, but Johnny does a really nice job & listens to his coaches to get the W.

Pauge vs. Matsuda. Real ly back & forth for the first two rounds. I would have liked to have seen a 3rd, but the judges believe that Dustin won both rounds, so he's moving into the house.

Nw we get Timothy's little brother, Paul McVeigh (joking) against the jolly green not-so-giant. W only get to see highlights of this one & there seem to be more shots of greened-haired Louis doing well than than splatter-haired McVeigh. We go to a third round & Louis wins it, going into e house.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:47 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Another highlight of the fight for Bryan Caraway maintaining top position for a decision win.

Third fight of more highlights. Bisping & Dana both think that Josh won it, but the judges prefer Justin.

Now we get. Pair of wrestlers matching up. TJ is out of Team Alpha Male. He has nice footwork & head movement, but his hands are always by his waist. TJ eventually shoots & gets a takedown, landing some nice GnP, but when they get back to the feet, he looks tired. He manages to secure another takedown & as the horn sounds, he pounds Jagger into unconsciousness.

Steven Siler vs. Micah Miller (Cole's little brother). Siler does a great job of overcoming the hype & tapping out the little Miller.

"Prince" Albert wins with a 1st rnd RNC.

Sea Bass whupped some @$$ & gets into the house.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:03 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Brian Pearman vs. Akira Corassani - Kurosawa's got some nice leg kicks, but Brian seems to have better combinations. Brian gets a takedown & works for Darce, but loses it & they clinch fight for awhile. Rashomon has some huge power. Pearman keeps reaching for the clinch & for a takedown, leaving his chin hanging out there and The Seven Samurai just tees off on him.

A really nice night of fights, really exciting 2 hour premier!!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:11 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I'm in. Great show.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

at some points i felt like i was watching midget wrestling ... but it was a great night of fights ... there was one dude that took some shots ... either he has a great chin or the guy (one of the black guys) had nothing on those shots ... they looked like good shots though .. LOL
Old 09-22-2011, 02:45 PM

The Fights were great. This looks like a promising season!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
at some points i felt like i was watching midget wrestling ... but it was a great night of fights ... there was one dude that took some shots ... either he has a great chin or the guy (one of the black guys) had nothing on those shots ... they looked like good shots though .. LOL
i kept saying awe they are so little and cute. my husband was getting aggrevated. some of them just seemed so little. i actually really enjoy watching the light fighters. they are quick! they also don't seem to tire as easily.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:33 PM

AWESOME night of fights, it was the best TUF premiere I can remember.

Great fighters, some of the guys that lost deserve another shot, IMO, they really looked good.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-22-2011, 08:05 PM
matthughesfan21

Great fights, they are little guys but they bring the action and they are very quick, and some of those guys had some power too. Should be a great season