Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 09-08-2011, 07:07 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Okay, I finally watched the video and a part of me loves seeing some smart-mouthed, cocky, little prick getting beat down by someone twice his size.

Of course, I don't have kids; but if I did and they turned out to be smart-mouthed, cocky, little pricks like that 16-year-old, then a part of me would still laugh at the thought of them getting beat down by someone twice their size.

Seriously, though, lots of poor decision making on the part of the "adults" in this scenario. Everything from the "organized fight" to the father allowing himself to lose his cool. This is one of those scenarios where there doesn't seem to be any clear right or wrong, because everything about it is so horribly wrong.
The adult gets "Oh he made poor decisions" (bless his heart) while the child is labeled with the title of smart-mouthed, cocky, little prick.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:35 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I only watched this one video and couldn't really hear what the kid was saying but I hope he was telling the dad what an idiot he was for trying to set this fight up to begin with. I think it was the dad who deserved to have a kid in his face setting him straight.
Please tell me you are joking? An adult deserves to be disrespected by a child? No. Don't get me wrong, I would not expect just because of someone's age their should sit back and let adults around them act foolishly. There are some situations where a teenager stepping in to prevent harm to themselves or others that I would certainly not consider disrespectful but brave. I've heard of many teenage boys (and one girl who could swing a frying pan good) taking it to their dad because they got tired of abuse or seeing their moms abused. But when a teenager themselves is in the wrong (a 16 year old knows a back yard brawl is wrong) what gives them the right to say anything to adults involved who are in the wrong too? None. That just adds another wrong factor to a jacked up situation. This dad is stupid and this kid is a punk. Neither displayed good judgement. I would however guess that this teen will think twice before popping off to an adult in the future.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The adult gets "Oh he made poor decisions" (bless his heart) while the child is labeled with the title of smart-mouthed, cocky, little prick.
What can I say? I think 99.9% of all teenagers are idiots.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Please tell me you are joking? An adult deserves to be disrespected by a child? No. Don't get me wrong, I would not expect just because of someone's age their should sit back and let adults around them act foolishly. There are some situations where a teenager stepping in to prevent harm to themselves or others that I would certainly not consider disrespectful but brave. I've heard of many teenage boys (and one girl who could swing a frying pan good) taking it to their dad because they got tired of abuse or seeing their moms abused. But when a teenager themselves is in the wrong (a 16 year old knows a back yard brawl is wrong) what gives them the right to say anything to adults involved who are in the wrong too? None. That just adds another wrong factor to a jacked up situation. This dad is stupid and this kid is a punk. Neither displayed good judgement. I would however guess that this teen will think twice before popping off to an adult in the future.
Totally agree. Lack of respect for elders is one of the major downfalls of our current society.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:30 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
A 16 year old who was involved in a backyard brawl in which an adult facilitated. Who should be more responsible for this even starting in the first place? The adult who set it up or the child for participating? I'm all about people respecting their elders but (imo) this adult deserved none.

ps Hell yeah that adult deserved to be disrespected.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Totally agree. Lack of respect for elders is one of the major downfalls of our current society.
Yeah, and the dads setting up back yard brawls and punching children are the pillar of society.

The teenagers today are what we created.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
A 16 year old who was involved in a backyard brawl in which an adult facilitated. Who should be more responsible for this even starting in the first place? The adult who set it up or the child for participating? I'm all about people respecting their elders but (imo) this adult deserved none.

ps Hell yeah that adult deserved to be disrespected.
About as much as that teen got what he deserved.

And I think both are equally ignorant in facilitating and attending this crap.