Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-31-2011, 05:07 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823 View Post
Drained yet excited. Major drama at work, but that's the norm. The State surveyors just left our hospital, so that's a relief!! And I got accepted into a tough Surgical Tech program that starts in November. I know I need to do more in my life, but nursing school is just so far off. And I love the hands on excitement of an OR Tech. I love working in surgery, never a dull moment. So starting in November school from 8am-1145am, then working 3pm-1130pm. I'll have no life seeing as that school is an hour away!! But I'm so excited for this new chapter
that is great!!!! it's a lot of work i'm sure but i know you can do it!!!! how long does the tech program last? how long will you have that crazy schedule?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:46 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823 View Post
Drained yet excited. Major drama at work, but that's the norm. The State surveyors just left our hospital, so that's a relief!! And I got accepted into a tough Surgical Tech program that starts in November. I know I need to do more in my life, but nursing school is just so far off. And I love the hands on excitement of an OR Tech. I love working in surgery, never a dull moment. So starting in November school from 8am-1145am, then working 3pm-1130pm. I'll have no life seeing as that school is an hour away!! But I'm so excited for this new chapter
That is what I was going to do if I didn't get accepted into nursing school the first time around! I loved my clinicals in the OR. Congratulations and it should be nothing if not exciting. Our program here lasts a year. When times are tough just say to yourself, "I can survive anything for one year." That's what we do at work. When things are in the gutter and everyone has strapped their hair up and dirty to their elbows, feeling like giving up, someone will say, "Come on, people! We can survive anything for 12 hours (our shift length)". It is lame but has pulled me through more than a couple of times. And it will be all worth it once you finish.

Again congratulations!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:19 PM
lyndsey823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
that is great!!!! it's a lot of work i'm sure but i know you can do it!!!! how long does the tech program last? how long will you have that crazy schedule?
Thanks so much for the encouragement! The program is 12 months with a 4 month externship. It's going to be brutal but I've got to do something. And I figure now that I'm single and have no kids yet, this is the perfect time. I'll just be a zombie for a year!!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:23 PM
lyndsey823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
That is what I was going to do if I didn't get accepted into nursing school the first time around! I loved my clinicals in the OR. Congratulations and it should be nothing if not exciting. Our program here lasts a year. When times are tough just say to yourself, "I can survive anything for one year." That's what we do at work. When things are in the gutter and everyone has strapped their hair up and dirty to their elbows, feeling like giving up, someone will say, "Come on, people! We can survive anything for 12 hours (our shift length)". It is lame but has pulled me through more than a couple of times. And it will be all worth it once you finish.

Again congratulations!
Thanks for the advice!!! And the positive thoughts I love the OR, couldn't imagine working in any other department. But I want more hands on experience, and feel like I'm doing more than putting a tray together. Your advice was excellent. I feel I've done nothing this last year but have a pity party for myself, and that flew by. Why not make something of this year? You're right I can get through it, it won't last forever and time spent will be worth it in the end! November can't get here fast enough lol. Thanks again, you're too sweet!!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:50 AM
surveyorshawn

Impressed with myself! I gave myself my first injection of my MS medication today! It was not nearly as bad as I thought it might be. I have to rotate injection sites daily, so Kim gets to give me the shot tomorrow, since I can't reach my backside very well, lol. Here's to a shot a day for the rest of my life, lol! I'm glad the injection is just sub-q!
Old 09-01-2011, 03:23 AM
BamaGrits84

I really think I am losing my mind. I just spent the past 2 week trying to figure out where the heck one of my instructors keep getting our homework questions from only to finally realize I had a book for a management class and I was taking a comm class! #haveyouseenmymind

Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I really think I am losing my mind. I just spent the past 2 week trying to figure out where the heck one of my instructors keep getting our homework questions from only to finally realize I had a book for a management class and I was taking a comm class! #haveyouseenmymind

Oh, no, Bama.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:06 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Impressed with myself! I gave myself my first injection of my MS medication today! It was not nearly as bad as I thought it might be. I have to rotate injection sites daily, so Kim gets to give me the shot tomorrow, since I can't reach my backside very well, lol. Here's to a shot a day for the rest of my life, lol! I'm glad the injection is just sub-q!
Ouch. Good luck with that.

I don't know if I could give myself injections. I look away when a doctor puts a needle in me.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:47 PM
BamaGrits84

I'm ticked. Yesterday I had some old lady hit me who clearly had no business driving. And she didn't just hit me 1 time, she hit me twice, and almost a 3rd time as an officer yelled at her repeatedly "Ma'am please turn the car off!" It was like a crazy dream. My husband said he thought she was on Xanax. She couldn't even stay awake while we waited on the police. And lucky me should couldn't find an active insurance policy to hand the police officer so now I'm stuck trying to figure out if she even has insurance.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I'm ticked. Yesterday I had some old lady hit me who clearly had no business driving. And she didn't just hit me 1 time, she hit me twice, and almost a 3rd time as an officer yelled at her repeatedly "Ma'am please turn the car off!" It was like a crazy dream. My husband said he thought she was on Xanax. She couldn't even stay awake while we waited on the police. And lucky me should couldn't find an active insurance policy to hand the police officer so now I'm stuck trying to figure out if she even has insurance.
Did she do a lot of damage? Of course, with the tin can and plastic vehicles of today, it doesn't take much... I'm glad no one was hurt, and I hope you get the insurance stuff settled quickly.