Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-05-2011, 12:57 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I feel ya.. I have so much going on.. Right now I look like a fat pale vampire my skin is normally soft brown and I am ghostly white.. Aside from the personal stuff my work life SUCKS!! I got a new boss and new director.. I sit here under strict timeframes basically correcting things our company outsourced to the Phillipines!!!!!!!!! She has the Napoleon, alpha dog, short *hit syndrome.. My body hurts physically from the high demand..To make matters worse the broad that sits behind me chomps on ice all day long I get sick of hearing her chomp and the sound the ice makes everytime she lifts her cup up n down!!!!!!! I have been looking for other jobs in a basically broke state no one is paying good and I have a good income and benefits so I just wanna shoot my foot off or something.
two words .. workers comp
Old 08-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Miss Foxy

Someone shoot me.. My throat hurts and everytime I swallow it hurts.. I have a fever... I am here at work stuck like chuck.. I have used most of my PTO to take care of my kids lately.. Its all the same bucket here so if I leave I will get an occurrence... I have a dog face on today and I have my headphones and people still feel the need to stop at my desk......
Old 08-19-2011, 08:04 PM
surveyorshawn

Encouraged! I got approved for a program that pays for my MS medication, which is super expensive ($35,000+ a year). I am just waiting for the pharmacy to ship it to me an the drug company will send a nurse to teach Kim how to give me the daily shots. I don't really like needles, but I'll take just about anything over feeling the way I've been feeling.

To top the day off, we'll be heading to pick up Benaiah in a couple of hours
Old 08-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Encouraged! I got approved for a program that pays for my MS medication, which is super expensive ($35,000+ a year). I am just waiting for the pharmacy to ship it to me an the drug company will send a nurse to teach Kim how to give me the daily shots. I don't really like needles, but I'll take just about anything over feeling the way I've been feeling.

To top the day off, we'll be heading to pick up Benaiah in a couple of hours
Can she shoot darts? It's the same motion and the faster she stabs you, the less it hurts. Congrats on the program coming through for you.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-20-2011, 01:52 AM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Can she shoot darts? It's the same motion and the faster she stabs you, the less it hurts. Congrats on the program coming through for you.

~Amy
Thanks Amy! I guess I'd better be super nice to her now for sure. I'm sure she's already imagined "shooting" and "stabbing" me over the past few years anyway, lol. I need to make it as easy on myself as possible!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Thanks Amy! I guess I'd better be super nice to her now for sure. I'm sure she's already imagined "shooting" and "stabbing" me over the past few years anyway, lol. I need to make it as easy on myself as possible!
It's usually so much harder to give someone you love a shot because you really don't want to hurt them. She'll be a pro in no time though. I'd still be super nice to her....

I wish I could stop in and teach her. I love injections.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:34 PM
surveyorshawn

Pretty down. I found out today via text message that a good friend from high school was found dead in his home Wednesday. I had only recently reconnected with him on facebook, but my internet access has been terrible since we moved. The funeral is tomorrow, and no one I have talked to knows a cause of death yet. I'm sure it will be like a sad high school reunion, as he was one of those guys that was friendly to everyone.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:56 AM
lyndsey823

Drained yet excited. Major drama at work, but that's the norm. The State surveyors just left our hospital, so that's a relief!! And I got accepted into a tough Surgical Tech program that starts in November. I know I need to do more in my life, but nursing school is just so far off. And I love the hands on excitement of an OR Tech. I love working in surgery, never a dull moment. So starting in November school from 8am-1145am, then working 3pm-1130pm. I'll have no life seeing as that school is an hour away!! But I'm so excited for this new chapter
Old 08-31-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823 View Post
Drained yet excited. Major drama at work, but that's the norm. The State surveyors just left our hospital, so that's a relief!! And I got accepted into a tough Surgical Tech program that starts in November. I know I need to do more in my life, but nursing school is just so far off. And I love the hands on excitement of an OR Tech. I love working in surgery, never a dull moment. So starting in November school from 8am-1145am, then working 3pm-1130pm. I'll have no life seeing as that school is an hour away!! But I'm so excited for this new chapter
Congratulations!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:23 AM
lyndsey823

Thank you so much, I truly appreciate it!!!