Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-28-2011, 04:02 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think she's more concerned with the trees being ripped from the ground by the winds and falling on her house, than in the welfare of the trees themselves.
BINGO!!! We have a winner!!!!

And so far I'm the loser..........

Gutters and soil grading be damned.........I've already removed 80 gallons of water from my basement........and it's only the beginning. The hurricane isn't supposed to "hit" until 5 AM. Everything I did to prepare for it has failed me this far. I am VERY concerned about the ground being so soggy and the winds so strong that my trees fall over.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
BINGO!!! We have a winner!!!!

And so far I'm the loser..........

Gutters and soil grading be damned.........I've already removed 80 gallons of water from my basement........and it's only the beginning. The hurricane isn't supposed to "hit" until 5 AM. Everything I did to prepare for it has failed me this far. I am VERY concerned about the ground being so soggy and the winds so strong that my trees fall over.
How close are they to your house? Would it be too late to hire someone to cut them down and push them away from your house?

I'll definitely be praying for your family's safety.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:22 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
How close are they to your house? Would it be too late to hire someone to cut them down and push them away from your house?

I'll definitely be praying for your family's safety.

I appreciate that very much. Thank you.

The trees are all around one side of my home. One especially large sycamore tree is making me the most nervous. It stands over my house and directly over Jessica’s bedroom. She is going to bunk downstairs with her sister tonight.

Tornados have touched down here and there and my friend texted me and told me she lost a large tree in her back yard. It crashed across her pool. My neighbor lost a tree last year from his front yard during a storm.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:03 AM
County Mike

So far not too bad here. Some water in the basement but I've got the sump pump running to help keep it from getting too high. Few more hours until the worst of the storm hits us.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:52 PM
DonnaMaria

Everyone is okay. Got a lot of water in the basement. Removed over 600 gallons. But no trees fell overnight. Heading to bed now. Night ya'll. And thank you for your prayers. Very much appreciated.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:08 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Everyone is okay. Got a lot of water in the basement. Removed over 600 gallons. But no trees fell overnight. Heading to bed now. Night ya'll. And thank you for your prayers. Very much appreciated.
Glad to hear everyone's alright. We just had a lot of wind & rain around here. Got flood warnings about 6pm, but there really aren't too many streams in my neighborhood. Lost power about 7:30, but it came back on about 10am, so we're all hunky doory. I'm about to head off to an outdoor wedding, believe it or not!