Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-23-2011, 02:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think you've gone a little too far here with your insults, so I'm putting you on a 1 week suspension. You won't be allowed to post here again until the 29th.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:51 PM
BamaGrits84

I work for a large company so I will say this - we have created 300 hundred new jobs over the past 18 months. Good paying jobs with good benefits. Now, the reason we were able to is more people are buying cars that get good gas mileage that also have good reviews and are a good sell price. So demand has driven our boom. Thankfully the demand is big enough it required construction which really provided thousands of jobs (even though they only last the duration of the contruction phase).

Ok on to taxes. Companies have "low" taxes (compared to previous rates) but are concerned that those low rates are going to go up soon. They have already seen the cost to provide health insurance up go. So why hire? They are scared to. They all know higher taxes are a threat and investors are scared and cost of doing business is going up. So low taxes for the moment does not mean jack. The economy is not stable because the government won't stay out of it. I have never believe it is a good idea for the government to try to fix any problem easpecially one that was designed to full funtion in a free market system.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I work for a large company so I will say this - we have created 300 hundred new jobs over the past 18 months. Good paying jobs with good benefits. Now, the reason we were able to is more people are buying cars that get good gas mileage that also have good reviews and are a good sell price. So demand has driven our boom. Thankfully the demand is big enough it required construction which really provided thousands of jobs (even though they only last the duration of the contruction phase).
Well, that's all good news but what do you think of the REALLY important stuff - Buzzard being banned by Mark for a week?!?

heh, just kidding, BamaGrits

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Well, that's all good news but what do you think of the REALLY important stuff - Buzzard being banned by Mark for a week?!?

heh, just kidding, BamaGrits
better question is will he learn form his time away. Mark and NateR are patient guys but he is wearing them thin. If had the truth why not just post that and glaot in that. This is why most all liberals argue the way they do. Squeaky wheels get the grease. This is why most political bloggers are liberals and radio show host are conservative. You can blow smoke on a live show and on blog you can say pretty much anything.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:51 PM
CAVEMAN

The latest posting by the Treasury Department shows the national debt has now increased $4 trillion on President Obama's watch....The national debt increased $4.9 trillion during the eight-year presidency of George W. Bush. The debt now is rising at a pace to surpass that amount during Mr. Obama's four-year term. YEAH, HE'S DONE SUCH A GREAT JOB FOR THIS COUNTRY!

A few years ago, President Obama called adding $4 trillion to the national debt "irresponsible" and "unpatriotic." Now everyone is watching the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG...layer_embedded