Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 08-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Cant understand why Jewish Reform removes Canonical Restoration...

Soooo...if you take the Old Testament prior to the Jewish Reform, you have the story of Creation, Deluge, Law, and the Ancient Kings, then you have a number of Prophets wailing at the fact that Israel has been exhiled by Babylon, but you end with the restoration of the Jewish Kingdom after Babylon is Liberated by Persians.

....so why is it the Jewish Reform REMOVED the Canonnical return to the Holy land?

In your Bible you will find the Jews walk into Exhile...then you jump right to a Roman Occupation of a new Kingdom in the New Testament (which I hasten to add the Jews do NOT have)

Why would they choose to remove from their cannon their restoration??? For all intense and purposes, they are still in exhile in Babylon...for that is where the post reformational Old Testament Cannon, which we all use, stops.

I find that very irritating indeed. Reading your Bible you'll see the Jews vanish into Exhile...and everything else is a Christian record of Jews of an entirely different era. Even in their Reformation, the completely crushed the Prophets who promised a Restoration of Israel, that the land would once more be bought and sold and owned by the Jews.

It makes Jeremiahs lament http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UEA3ZxTHU about the fall of Jerusalem all the more sad when the buggers cut out the return from their holy records...and thus...more to my anquish...from MY record.

Do the Jews have something against Maccebeus or what???
Old 08-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Noone has any views

typical
Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Crisco

From my very limited education of the subject(too my personal shame that I am working on) I don't believe the Jews consider it an actualy restoration because they have yet to rebuild the temple.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
From my very limited education of the subject(too my personal shame that I am working on) I don't believe the Jews consider it an actualy restoration because they have yet to rebuild the temple.
But there was a temple...King Herod rebuilt the Temple that was distroyed during the Exhile.

Im not talking about the first restoration of Israel which happened prior to the birth of Christ.