Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

The Hairrow said that at this point he wants to prove that he's the "best veteran", meaning he wanted to fight the rest of the old-guard & prove that even though they made it into the UFC way before him, he's better & deserved his shot long ago.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why? I don't know Ebersole's thinking in choosing Serra out of "anybody" he could choose--seems like a strange choice to me.
That was my first thought too, strange first choice.

And I remember that TUF season the way you did, Bon. Serra was making derogatory remarks from the start, it was the same with Kos & GSP. Matt rose above it all, he's the 9x (11, really) champion, after all. Besides being a true champ, he has something else Serra lacks - class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
First of all why is he trying to fight Serra? What purpose? Usually when a guy wins he wants to step up not step back?!!
Exactly.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 08-14-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
The Hairrow said that at this point he wants to prove that he's the "best veteran", meaning he wanted to fight the rest of the old-guard & prove that even though they made it into the UFC way before him, he's better & deserved his shot long ago.
Well, that makes some sense but still...Serra?!?

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-15-2011, 01:51 PM
rearnakedchoke

serra is huge in those pics ... looks like he is enjoying fatherhood and his wifes italian cooking ...
Old 08-17-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I disagree. To the average TUF viewer I'm sure Serra did come off better. You can watch the whole season for free on UFC.com. Check it out and see if you still feel that way. From the get go Serra went after Matt. I thought he looked like a d!ck, but I'm biased.
If he looks like a d!ck, quacks like a d!ck....

Quote:
That's his goal..."to prove that he's the "best veteran"? I was trying not to judge the book by his "arrow", but he's making it harder when I read stuff like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
That was my first thought too, strange first choice.

And I remember that TUF season the way you did, Bon. Serra was making derogatory remarks from the start, it was the same with Kos & GSP. Matt rose above it all, he's the 9x (11, really) champion, after all. Besides being a true champ, he has something else Serra lacks - class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
First of all why is he trying to fight Serra? What purpose? Usually when a guy wins he wants to step up not step back?!!
Exactly.
I couldn't agree with you more, Cathy, Matt was total class and Serra was a total ass! Ditto on "exactly" too.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
That's his goal..."to prove that he's the "best veteran"? I was trying not to judge the book by his "arrow", but he's making it harder when I read stuff like this!
I think he knows he's not able to compete for the title, but, like Matt, he still wants interesting fights & he wants to prove a point to Dana & Lorenzo that they shouldn't have waited so long in calling him up.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I think he knows he's not able to compete for the title, but, like Matt, he still wants interesting fights & he wants to prove a point to Dana & Lorenzo that they shouldn't have waited so long in calling him up.
Oh.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:41 PM

Default TUF comment

It's funny. When Serra was a contestant on TUF he started trying to pick a beef with Matt for no reason. Matt came in and offered his time as a coach. All he seemed to get in return was Serra's crap for the next how many years. Serra was in the van running his mouth about Matt calling him a prick. It's classic, one of the other fighters (I don't remember who) turned to Serra and said something like "So, you want us to hate him too." As if to say we see no problem with matt but you've got a problem with everybody. From day one on TUF, Serra was trying to act like the coach and the bigshot in charge. Total Napolean complex.

Then like stated before, Serra starts from the very get-go bashing matt and talking crap. And because Matt doesn't feel the need to defend himself from Serra's crap, Serra gets to tell a one sided story of why everyone picks on him or whatever. Most of us can leave that junior high BS at back in junior high. Apparently Serra cant. It is Serra himself that started the whole "i won the fight with hughes" crap. Ok this is getting long but that guy makes my a little crazy.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:37 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by amills View Post
It's funny. When Serra was a contestant on TUF he started trying to pick a beef with Matt for no reason. Matt came in and offered his time as a coach. All he seemed to get in return was Serra's crap for the next how many years. Serra was in the van running his mouth about Matt calling him a prick. It's classic, one of the other fighters (I don't remember who) turned to Serra and said something like "So, you want us to hate him too." As if to say we see no problem with matt but you've got a problem with everybody. From day one on TUF, Serra was trying to act like the coach and the bigshot in charge. Total Napolean complex.

Then like stated before, Serra starts from the very get-go bashing matt and talking crap. And because Matt doesn't feel the need to defend himself from Serra's crap, Serra gets to tell a one sided story of why everyone picks on him or whatever. Most of us can leave that junior high BS at back in junior high. Apparently Serra cant. It is Serra himself that started the whole "i won the fight with hughes" crap. Ok this is getting long but that guy makes my a little crazy.
yeah, that is starting to ring a bell ... i know when serra was a contestant he got into it with marc laimon cuz he was talking how matt pounded out gracie ... i don't remember how though it got matt and serra into a beef ..