Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default VIP Lounge Discovered in Roman Colosseum

Anyone would think Zuffa owned the Colosseum.

Apparently new discoveries are being made in part of the Colosseum which they reckon was basically set aside for the Wealthy to muse over stuff prior, one presumes, to enjoying the Games

I wonder if they ever had private gladiatorial exhibition fights there, or whether they did meet and greets...or even autograph signing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DfvkcH03lk
Old 08-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Miss Foxy

Lol.. That's awesome. I wish we had time machines
Old 08-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Lol.. That's awesome. I wish we had time machines
It must have been Magnificent. I dont know for certain coz I cant hear what the name of the tunnel is, but I suspect its on the side between the Colosseum and the central Roman Ludus...there were tunnels connecting the two (which are on opposite sides of the Road so its nothing more then a large undercroft,) I wonder if its on that side. The Gladiators and other performers would use the tunnel to get into the Arena without being seen, (unless there was a parade obviously) all the perfomers and the management was housed underneith the main floor of the auditorium...so really some of the near by buildings are actually just an extention of "the wings" of the theatre really.

My point is, if the tunnel is on that side of the complex, then there is no good reason why it wouldnt be connected to the flow between Ludi (the training centre and dorms, basically) and the Arena itself. Meaning that it would also be like a backstage lounge I suspect of course the Colosseum had several such tunnels attached to it because it was a huge venue, and the Games were extremely popular, and thus many important visitors from around the Empire would be invited to attend, they are bound to to have what amounts to a pre and post fight party arent they.

THATS where it would be held...and not everyone would have been invited. I would have loved to be a fly and the wall. I suspect all the Roman Senators, and maybe Legion Commanders would be regulars...and I suspect visiting Governors from the Empire, and maybe some extremely important investors (those who actually had their own Ludi elsewhere in the Empire but were invited to bring a few of their best performers to participate) may be allowed in.

Roman High Society...its what everyone wants to be...no

Old 08-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Crisco

well I'd imagine the richers in Rome with their low opinion of the plebs would definately have their own places to sit when they actually went to the games.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
well I'd imagine the richers in Rome with their low opinion of the plebs would definately have their own places to sit when they actually went to the games.
I dont know about that, because I dont know much about seating arrangements. Its all one auditorium so the Rich and Poor must all sit in the same gigantic circle to view. Certainly the Auditorium would have had boxes, but not many of them I dont think, and those would probably be given over to the politicians. I have a feeling that the Rich were put at the top and the poor at the bottom (which is opposite to what is now considered the best seats in the house) because the rich then got to see the whole thing from a birds eye view, but were far enough away not to be covered in shyte or to close to the action for their tastes...the rabble being at the bottom would help the performers and being plebs they wouldnt mind...I could be wrong on that though I think I read it somewhere