Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I don't count on the police to protect me, I'm prepared to protect myself until the police are able to respond. Too bad the good folks weren't allowed to be armed to protect themselves. I believe too many people don't take care of themselves and rely on others to protect them, feed them, house them etc.

If your employer came into some hard times, would you work for a few months without pay until they were able to resume paying you?
We dont defend ourselves as a matter of law. If we defended ourselves we wouldnt need the police would we.

if my Store got burned to the Ground, I would not expect the Store to pay me the same ammount for doing nothing whilst the Store was shut. If they said they would only be able to pay everyone half for three months, and then the store would reopen and pay and job would resume as normal...then that would be fine by me.

The Government would pick up the tab in the mean time. Because they are supposed to look after me in certain circumstances. If I cant work, and it fits a criteria of theres, particularly if its only short term...they would have no quarms of paying me enough to cover basic expenses like rent, possibly bills etc.

If your store burned down...you'd be screwed
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
So Dave, this is your scenario?

I loan you money to buy something and you agree to pay me back over time.
Somebody destroys the item you purchased with my money.
You think that means you no longer owe me the money or that I should be willing to let you skip a few payments?

Doesn't work like that. You pay up or you end up even more broke, if you know what I mean.
Skip afew payments in time...not value...and you can add interest on that time. Thats the morally correct thing to do if you can afford to...and dont tell me a multinational bank, cant afford to put off the payments of less then fifty odd customers per bank for three odd months.

YOU personally might not be able to afford to defer the charges...but you are a single person...not a multinational company.

As for your other bit...if you attacked me and succeeded...I sell my story to the paper on how the local police force which I pay for didnt defend me, then I take you to court and claim damages...Double pay cheque for me. I'm sure I can take a small amount of physical punishment from the likes of you, to claim some stupid ammount for psychological trauma...or whatever the most idiotic thing a court can uphold is



If you attack me and kill me...you win you get to sell your story on how when you went to attack me, I defended myself, and injured you slightly, and thats not fair, coz you have human rights also...then you go to court and claim damages from my estate for the damage I did to you whilst you were killing me. Then you get sent to prison, Murder...ohhh say about twenty five years...now halve that coz we dont have the money or room to keep you...so twelve years...halve that for good behaviour, six years...now bear in mind youve been locked up in custody for a year prior to court...so five years.

During that five years you spend no money so your savings on my death improve in a nice Cash ISA, You dont have to pay rent, you dont have to pay tax, your meals are healthy and provided regularly...and you get to meet loads of friends who can tell you how next time you kill, you can get away with it...unless you'd rather come back to the cushy number you're in.

Four years in, you go for an appeal, to the European Court of Human Rights...and coz they have a superiority complex they free you right away...so you then go to court for false imprisonment....another big pay day for you.

Yeah....you think I'm kidding...but i'm not. Thats how bad it is in England
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:18 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
If you attack me and kill me...you win you get to sell your story on how when you went to attack me, I defended myself, and injured you slightly, and thats not fair, coz you have human rights also...then you go to court and claim damages from my estate for the damage I did to you whilst you were killing me. Then you get sent to prison, Murder...ohhh say about twenty five years...now halve that coz we dont have the money or room to keep you...so twelve years...halve that for good behaviour, six years...now bear in mind youve been locked up in custody for a year prior to court...so five years.

During that five years you spend no money so your savings on my death improve in a nice Cash ISA, You dont have to pay rent, you dont have to pay tax, your meals are healthy and provided regularly...and you get to meet loads of friends who can tell you how next time you kill, you can get away with it...unless you'd rather come back to the cushy number you're in.

Four years in, you go for an appeal, to the European Court of Human Rights...and coz they have a superiority complex they free you right away...so you then go to court for false imprisonment....another big pay day for you.

Yeah....you think I'm kidding...but i'm not. Thats how bad it is in England
Now do you understand why so many Americans support the death penalty for crimes like murder?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-14-2011, 06:18 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
So Dave, this is your scenario?

I loan you money to buy something and you agree to pay me back over time.
Somebody destroys the item you purchased with my money.
You think that means you no longer owe me the money or that I should be willing to let you skip a few payments?

Doesn't work like that. You pay up or you end up even more broke, if you know what I mean.
Well said, CM.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Now do you understand why so many Americans support the death penalty for crimes like murder?
I support the death penalty for crimes like Murder....but our Government banished capital punishment...and your Government lets your convicts die of old age before being executed (a slight exaggeration...but it generally tends to take years)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Mark's Avatar
Mark Mark is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I believe too many people don't take care of themselves and rely on others to protect them, feed them, house them etc.
The goverment brain washes people to think that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
The goverment brain washes people to think that.
I disagree. I think they are lazy on their own.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-15-2011, 01:42 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

this is terrible .. the banks should provide loan forgiveness to all these people and totally wipe out their debt .. in fact, anyone who has any sort of tragedy happen to them should just have to go to the bank and have all their debt removed .. it's the least the banks could do ... it may not make good business sense, but think of all the good things people will think of the banks, everyone would love them ..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-15-2011, 03:33 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Define a tragedy..........

Would a deadbeat husbandr count as a tragedy? I have had cars repossessed, had my electric turned off and my home forclosed because my spouse gambled all our money away. My credit score is horrible and I have to rebuild my credit all over again. I finally was able to get a loan again but my credit terms are outrageous. I'm paying the highest percentage because of his mistakes. My money is my own now but I am STILL paying off our joint debts because he doesn't CARE if he pays his share. But the only way that MY name will be cleared is by paying off the debt entirely. Banks have no sympathy for me. They just want their money. And I understand that. But it still sucks.

I have always had tons of insurance but never anything to protect me from HIM! And he ended up being the most dangerous thing in my life.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-15-2011, 05:14 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Define a tragedy..........

Would a deadbeat husbandr count as a tragedy? I have had cars repossessed, had my electric turned off and my home forclosed because my spouse gambled all our money away. My credit score is horrible and I have to rebuild my credit all over again. I finally was able to get a loan again but my credit terms are outrageous. I'm paying the highest percentage because of his mistakes. My money is my own now but I am STILL paying off our joint debts because he doesn't CARE if he pays his share. But the only way that MY name will be cleared is by paying off the debt entirely. Banks have no sympathy for me. They just want their money. And I understand that. But it still sucks.

I have always had tons of insurance but never anything to protect me from HIM! And he ended up being the most dangerous thing in my life.
yeah .. i was kidding though .. but maybe you are just humouring me .. LOL
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.