Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-02-2011, 01:02 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hmmm .. a thread with Americans squabbling with an Englishman about US Politics is not the same without a Canadian butting in .. so what we all arguing about????
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Dethbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think weve had a Texan in here too, so its practically a UN meeting in here!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Dave wasn't paraphrasing a couple of articles that he read. That post was straight from his heart. This wasn't the first time he has said such things. This time he just started a thread with it and we had nothing better to do.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-02-2011, 02:18 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For the record, I think our government is screwing up big time in many ways. My issue right now is the FAA Authorization Bill. Thousands of people are currently out of work without pay until congress signs the bill. They have no intention of signing it until AFTER they come back from their month long vacation. They're losing $BILLIONS due to the shutdown all over an issue that might save $200 million that they can't agree on.

STUPID!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
hmmm .. a thread with Americans squabbling with an Englishman about US Politics is not the same without a Canadian butting in .. so what we all arguing about????
Lol..
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
I think we’ve had a Texan in here too, so it’s practically a UN meeting in here!


Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
For the record, I think our government is screwing up big time in many ways. My issue right now is the FAA Authorization Bill. Thousands of people are currently out of work without pay until congress signs the bill. They have no intention of signing it until AFTER they come back from their month long vacation. They're losing $BILLIONS due to the shutdown all over an issue that might save $200 million that they can't agree on.

STUPID!
They don't care except when it comes election time. It's absolutely infuriating! I wish we had the power to yank their @$$e$ out without having to wait then maybe we'd start getting some actual work out of them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post




They don't care except when it comes election time. It's absolutely infuriating! I wish we had the power to yank their @$$e$ out without having to wait then maybe we'd start getting some actual work out of them.
True Texan baby--> Bonnie I must admit I LOVE when you go off!!! Your very correct with your post..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
I think weve had a Texan in here too, so its practically a UN meeting in here!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-02-2011, 07:37 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Well, I hope all sides in Congress are happy with their "sugar-coated satan sandwich" as Emanuel Cleaver put it; the Dow has now plunged 200 points, not a real plus to those of us with 401Ks.

Meanwhile, this has cleared the way for our spend-happy nincompoops to blow another 7 trillion dollars. $7,000,000,000,000.00
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-02-2011, 07:39 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
I think weve had a Texan in here too, so its practically a UN meeting in here!
Texas rawks! If it wasn't so dang hot, we'd move on down there where Bonnie's blue bonnets bloom!
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.