Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Maybe some are bi

I was trying to figure out a way to put that in there in my original reply, without making it sound like the 57% were bi, but words failed me then. Usually I'm not at a loss for words.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Parents will likely not know, because parents do not generally read the textbooks issued to their children.
This is nothing short of negligent parenting and it's one of the primary reasons that our public schools have degraded to the level that they are.

I grew up in one of the most liberal areas of the country, northern New Mexico, and I attended Junior High and High School in Santa Fe, NM. While I was attending school there, Santa Fe was ranked #2 in the country when it came to the openly gay male population. Also, the Progressive Liberal and Communist agenda was sold pretty heavily. Heck, we spent 6 weeks in my 8th grade English class studying the book Animal Farm and learning about all the ways that communism was supposed to be superior to democracy.

However, my parents were extremely vigilant when it came to monitoring exactly what we were learning. Usually they would simply correct the liberal lies and distortions that we would come home with; but occasionally my dad would make personal visits to the school to discuss his disagreement to the curriculum with the teachers and principals directly.

What I believe is that, regardless of what the public schools are teaching kids, the responsibility for the education of children is still in the hands of the parents. Period. End of story. Parents might pass the actual educational duties on to the public school system, but they can NEVER relieve themselves of the responsibility for their child's education.

So, if learning about "gay contributions to history" turns your son or daughter gay, then you have no one to blame but yourself.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
This is nothing short of negligent parenting and it's one of the primary reasons that our public schools have degraded to the level that they are.

I grew up in one of the most liberal areas of the country, northern New Mexico, and I attended Junior High and High School in Santa Fe, NM. While I was attending school there, Santa Fe was ranked #2 in the country when it came to the openly gay male population. Also, the Progressive Liberal and Communist agenda was sold pretty heavily. Heck, we spent 6 weeks in my 8th grade English class studying the book Animal Farm and learning about all the ways that communism was supposed to be superior to democracy.

However, my parents were extremely vigilant when it came to monitoring exactly what we were learning. Usually they would simply correct the liberal lies and distortions that we would come home with; but occasionally my dad would make personal visits to the school to discuss his disagreement to the curriculum with the teachers and principals directly.

What I believe is that, regardless of what the public schools are teaching kids, the responsibility for the education of children is still in the hands of the parents. Period. End of story. Parents might pass the actual educational duties on to the public school system, but they can NEVER relieve themselves of the responsibility for their child's education.

So, if learning about "gay contributions to history" turns your son or daughter gay, then you have no one to blame but yourself.
Parents not reading their kids textbooks is by no means negligent parenting.

Would your parents ever correct the conservative lies that you were taught? Probably not because you still believe them.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Parents not reading their kids textbooks is by no means negligent parenting.

Would your parents ever correct the conservative lies that you were taught? Probably not because you still believe them.
I would disagree with that. Obviously there is not enough time to for parents to read every single page of every textbook that kids get every year, but parents need to make time in order to stay informed of exactly what their children are being taught.

After years of cognitive dissonance, where I constantly did battles with two diametrically different worldviews, I learned how to make up my own mind on what I believe. I learned that accepting Jesus Christ and the Bible as the inerrant Word of GOD creates a certain perspective on life in which I now tend to agree with my parents on many of their opinions. However, I don't agree with them on everything. Not even close.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Heck, we spent 6 weeks in my 8th grade English class studying the book Animal Farm and learning about all the ways that communism was supposed to be superior to democracy.

Pathetic.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

When I was in School I don't remember a historic persons sexual oreentation or religoun even being mentioned!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
When I was in School I don't remember a historic persons sexual oreentation or religoun even being mentioned!
Yeah, I don't recall one mention of the fact that George Washington liked to have sex with women in any of our history lessons. It's not even remotely relevant to the man's accomplishments.

Aside from the fact that this is a blatant attempt to indoctrinate kids into the homosexual lifestyle, it's actually degrading to the homosexuals mentioned. As if their sexual orientation is the only reason that their lifetime accomplishments are considered important.