Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
"A man may fail but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame someone else."
You're on a roll with your quotes. I like 'em.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
On behalf of the United States of America...

Suck It!
I couldn't have said it better unless I wrote multiple paragraphs; even then it wouldn't have been said better, just longer winded like this simple post to say that I agree completely with what you said.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I couldn't have said it better unless I wrote multiple paragraphs; even then it wouldn't have been said better, just longer winded like this simple post to say that I agree completely with what you said.
lol, nice
Old 08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
LOL. This is coming from the "man law", so ladies, please ignore this statement.
Dave, What ya'll think doesnt matter, because we can still kick ya'lls tail.
We may be broke, but we still throw the best hands.
lol
Dont freak out!! I'm just playing with you.

Dave, do you think it wise to come on here and speak like that to a forum made up mostly of Americans? You always complain about people starting crap in the Christianity section, so why are you doing it here? I'm not trying to start anything, I just dont understand you.
I can see their point...but I dont aggree with every single detail...Unlike most Europeans I dont have a problem with collonialism...and neither should they if they remember their own pasts. I recognise that England is far from guiltless in the handling of its Empire. Conflicts still rage today that are purely our mistake and legacy. I recognise that the Republican end of America is as close as one can get to what the world was like, what I feel the world should be like, certainly what the founders of America wanted. I dont have a problem with that...but I am not conventional in the european sense. I like the fact that Americans are culturally confident, I love the fact that they still have things classed as Sacred, that there is still something in thie culture they will physically defend. There is meaning there...whereas Europe is colourless, its all the same, nothing stands out, there is no cultural identity left. The want to include everyone and everything has left us with nothing still. Also there is just something about Americans that you simply cant get anywhere else. I cant explain it, but wherever they go there is fun, and joy...and an air of excitement, because they live in a world with absolutes, with right and wrong, and where things are still kept sacred....and they cant help but bring that with them wherever they go.

I dont need to know that something is perfect before I can love it. All my life it has been the same. I love Saint Paul's Cathedral, although the evil I encountered there knocked me back four years spiritually, and has left permanent scars. I still love her. I love England...even though she is not what she was. Even though she has more or less died. There is nothing English left, bearly anything British...we are all European now. Our laws look after the guilty, our criminals live in more luxury then the poor, our immigration control is non existant...our parliament takes orders from the European parliament, and a bastard supreme court imposed on us, appeared above the Crown....and NOONE CARES. But I still love her. I also love Israel...she is so naughty its unbelievable, she is so guilty of doing terrible things and she knows it But I still Love her. I also Love America, whether you believe it or not isnt a concern to me, I believe that her principles when employed properly are the best system known to man, but I have no quarms about saying that she makes tonnes of mistakes. That doesnt tarnish anything...for two reasons...firstly, its the ideal or the spirit of the place that I really love, and secondly...love is a choice. once you choose to love something you must go on loving it even if you hate it, even if at times its sheer duty and nothing else.

If you dont understand any of that dont worry.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Your original post mentions nothing about any Chinese paper or ‘rest of the world saying’, are you trying to backtrack and say that you didn’t write all that?
No I was telling you what others were thinking...probably the people who get to decide about the credit rating. The chinese paper is just one thing I heard about, I would post that here...coz its bollox...but it is a great swaith of public opinion.

My point was that the deal to avoid default may still have come too late...and I was explaining WHY even with a deal before the deadline you may be downgraded...and the reason is, public opinion NOT fact is what effects your status. The entire financial world is built on confidence...not actuality...confidence.

Were you inspired with confidence by the way your Government reached the deal? Do you think non Americans would be inspired to have confidence in the United States after the last two weeks in Washington?

Because if the answer is NO..(and I gave you the low down on why the majority is probably no and that low down is all you focused on, what you think is just my opinion, what you think is stirring trouble and what you all are mooing about...except for County Mike...who actually gave a very reasoned, and very American response LOL)...you may still wake up tommorow to find this hasnt gone away.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:37 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
...except for County Mike...who actually gave a very reasoned, and very American response
That's how I roll.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
This is exactly why Conservatives donít care what Europeons think, because you have no idea what is going on. What is destroying the financial wellbeing of THE ENTIRE PLANET is the fact that people like Obama and most other world leaders think the taxpayerís money is free and that they can go on borrowing and spending on bribery projects to fund their influence forever, and the bill will never come due.

Please spare me the carrot of Colonial Power status and the cluck clucking about the need for us seek global approval. No one in America wants any such thing. We are taking care of our own business, and if we did this more often there would be much less for you to wring your hands about.

The Republicans, by the way, do not have that much to do with this. They allowed a lot of this to happen, and are only doing something about it now because we the people are not giving them a choice. I have no doubt at all that the Republicans will sit back and congratulate themselves on whatever we can force them to do, if it turns out to be popular later, but donít worry, we know better than to depend too much on them.
Quote:
And yet you started a thread to complain about that same action, hmm.

The world is always coming to an end, and the next time we do something about it the reaction from Europe will be just like the last time, condemnation, shaking of fists, gnashing of teeth, yawn.

You hit the nail on the head multiple times, Dethbob. Well said.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No I was telling you what others were thinking...probably the people who get to decide about the credit rating. The chinese paper is just one thing I heard about, I would post that here...coz its bollox...but it is a great swaith of public opinion.

My point was that the deal to avoid default may still have come too late...and I was explaining WHY even with a deal before the deadline you may be downgraded...and the reason is, public opinion NOT fact is what effects your status. The entire financial world is built on confidence...not actuality...confidence.

Were you inspired with confidence by the way your Government reached the deal? Do you think non Americans would be inspired to have confidence in the United States after the last two weeks in Washington?

Because if the answer is NO..(and I gave you the low down on why the majority is probably no and that low down is all you focused on, what you think is just my opinion, what you think is stirring trouble and what you all are mooing about...except for County Mike...who actually gave a very reasoned, and very American response LOL)...you may still wake up tommorow to find this hasnt gone away.

LOL You should have seen my response before I relaxed and edited it. lol very "American".
Old 08-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
That's how I roll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA1lXhVf_Do
Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
[/COLOR]

LOL You should have seen my response before I relaxed and edited it. lol very "American".
I DID...and I typed out a huge response...then realized you'd edited