Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Hate? If you have nothing to say, you can always throw insults, right? If the problem was a lack of comprehension on my part, Im sure you would have come up with something a little better than Youre Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Pardon me while I LOL.
What insult did I throw? The fact of the matter is that Tyburn used the NTS defense and I called it out. Simple. Nice strawman again, but valueless. It was a lack of comprehension on your part, simple there too. Your dislike for me has clouded your judgement. Something, something, something dark side, beware.

If you quit building up strawmen, I won't have to keep knocking them down. I'm fine with the fact that you don't like me; I don't need friends of your ilk.

I'm lol'ing at you too.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
1) So would you be willing to say that the people who committed the 9/11 attacks and the attacks on your tube system weren't Muslim?

2) So I guess that because you are ok with the possibility of innocents being killed with the death penalty and seem to be pro-torture you're not a Christian either.

3) Got it, you're just pretending to be so you can be part of the clique who thinks so low of you because of how you were born.



4) You can't even comprehend what rnc said. No sense me trying to explain it to you as if you can't even grasp what rnc said, you'd definitely not be able to understand a simple explanation.



5) I entered this thread showing my disgust for the actions taken without making any statement about any political or religious affiliations. You made the first statement possible relating it to Al Qaeda. Someone else brought in the term Christian terrorist. You used the "no Scotsman defense" and I called it out. Period.

6) Then the gang-bang started.



7) I did nothing of the sort in this thread. Stick to the subject.



8) I bet that you like hearing yourself talk, don't you?



9) And what is my kind? Someone who can actually put out a thought in a concise form. Yep, that's me. You're doing a piss poor job of trying to bait me into slamming your religion.



10) What you don't understand is that you ramble on about stuff and lose any point you are trying to make. Stick to the subject.



11) You are so full of it and of yourself. You don't know Jack. Great usage of the "no true Scotsman" defense once again. Lol

12) You know what? If you were born in an Islamic country, you would most likely be Muslim. If born in a different country with a different religious brand, you would most likely be a member of that faith. It's simple; you became a member of the religion which you were brought up around, just as I was. We differ because I asked questions and realized that it wasn't for me and that I couldn't believe what had been and what was being taught.

BTW, you sure did read a lot into a simple statement I made. All of it imaginary.
1) They were fanatics that called themselves Muslims. From my experience of being in an Islamic Majority city during the times of 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq...I would say...No They were not what you would define as main stream Muslims...They are Radical Islamists...unlike Christianity, The Quran teaches that the Faith is to react differently at different times. In peace time, Muslims are not supposed to behave like Terrorists...there is radical interpretations of some parts of the Quran that imply where Islam is Threatened, that the Islamists should retaliate with Force, effectively going to war against persecutors. In so far as that is concerned I do not know enough about Jihad to know the criteria...I would guess that since you havent go entire Islamic States moving...that the Minority acting are probably not in line with any mainstream extremist view...but must be even more radical then that...and if you can be more radical then some of those States then...yes..I really think you've moved so far away from the text that you arent Islamic at all.

Incidently...I was in London for the tube bombings also.

2) The death penalty is upheld by Scripture. Their are crimes for which you can be executed by the state. As for torture...it very much depends. on the whole I dont support the mass torture of individuals...but if lives were dependant on getting a single suspect to talk. Sorry...I'm utilitarian in that respect. That doesnt harm my faith....when the goal is not to hurt the individual...the goal is to save countless lives...if he wont talk, he brings the hurt on himself.

3) I dont understand what your referencing here

4) No need to get defensive...I just said that you Scoff...and you so do. Instead of refuting, or accepting it, you attack my intelligence. Why so defensive?? Hit a nerve did I

5) Rationalize it how you want Buzzard. You dont fool anyone.

6)

7) Oh yes you did

8) so much so, I read allowed each comment I make. So that I can not just appreciate myself in my head...but truely feel the sentiment

9) You are a Troll. I'm not baiting you. I am rebuking you...in love..of course

10) sorry...what was your point. You lost me

11) who is Jack

12) If most people take on the religion of the country of their birth as you suggest...then...what the hell went wrong with YOU
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Priceless. It has an ad prior to the video. It's only 5 minutes and on topic.

Jon Stewart Show

Comments?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-29-2011, 12:27 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Political youth camp?



Ummm......
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Political youth camp?



Ummm......
Similar to this.....

However, his latest comments about the "disturbing" nature of political youth camps may come as a surprise to Beck's followers in the Tea Party movement.

The anti-tax, anti-immigration movement has been holding summer camps in states including Florida and Missouri where children have been taught a curriculum based on God, the US constitution and "the defence of economic liberty".


From here.

Ruh-roh.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-29-2011, 12:37 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

1) They were fanatics that called themselves Muslims. From my experience of being in an Islamic Majority city during the times of 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq...I would say...No They were not what you would define as main stream Muslims...

States then...yes..I really think you've moved so far away from the text that you arent Islamic at all.
I think the bulk of Muslims support terrorist activity through silence (If nothing else).
When was the last time we saw Muslim churches across the nation out crying over violence? Never.

The Koran / Quaran calls for ALL kinds of violence against non Islamic people.

My thought has always been, how can people who read from, and follow such a violent book, be seen as decent and good people? Moreover, Muslims are CRAZY with the anti women's rights thing.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-29-2011, 12:38 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Similar to this.....

However, his latest comments about the "disturbing" nature of political youth camps may come as a surprise to Beck's followers in the Tea Party movement.

The anti-tax, anti-immigration movement has been holding summer camps in states including Florida and Missouri where children have been taught a curriculum based on God, the US constitution and "the defence of economic liberty".


From here.

Ruh-roh.
Political youth camp = creepy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.