Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-28-2011, 06:50 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
Also I'm wondering what some of my husbands friends would do for work if they could buy it at the store?

My husband says I shouldn't judge others when I make comments about what appear to be drug dealers. Gee honey you're right. I should just shut my mouth about that hummer on 24 spinners leaving the projects that I work 20% of the week to help support. That's another thread though.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post

My husband says I shouldn't judge others when I make comments about what appear to be drug dealers. Gee honey you're right. I should just shut my mouth about that hummer on 24 spinners leaving the projects that I work 20% of the week to help support. That's another thread though.
Lmao you ladies are hilarious!! I loves it..
Old 07-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Well I meant illegal drugs.

I need some drugs that help you think straight...or maybe just sleep. Does pot help you sleep...
The chemical breakdown is disgusting and what it does to the kidney/liver function is horrible.. We take one pill to take another to have our organs keep up with the first pill.. It's a vicious cycle...
Old 07-28-2011, 07:44 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
The chemical breakdown is disgusting and what it does to the kidney/liver function is horrible.. We take one pill to take another to have our organs keep up with the first pill.. It's a vicious cycle...
You mean prozac does that? I just tossed that word in because I saw a sign calling it a happy pill once. I don't really know anything about it.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Can you think of one single other business in the world that lobbies to have its products outlawed?
Drug cartels are an illegal business. They supply illegally what can't be bought legally. If say, pot became legal, they would lose their source of income from smuggling illegal pot. Having it legal would mean that there would be so much competition and not as much of a profit for them. This is just my opinion.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
You mean prozac does that? I just tossed that word in because I saw a sign calling it a happy pill once. I don't really know anything about it.
Prozac has horrible side effects, however some people need it.. I think we all get what your saying Ben was being goofy about it..
Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
okay i was agreeing with you until you said that. then i lol'd
The reason I believe it is a waste of money is due to the fact that more money is spent on this war when it could be used better. How about using the money that is spent policing, arresting, trying, housing these low level pot users when it could be put to better use. I'm not talking about the major dealers, the low level users. If smuggling dope is such a lucrative business, take the untaxed money from the cartels and dealers and have it taxed and regulated, bringing in legal money. Of course the DEA and law enforcement involved in the war on drugs won't like it because it justifies their jobs, along with the "for profit" private prisons.

Quote:
If someone is high from smoking pot are they impaired like someone that is drunk? Is there any way to tell how high they are like a drunk can blow into a breathilizer? don't laugh i don't get out much i'm scared that more people may drive around high and put my life or my children life in danger. I realize it happens all the time now but I wonder how many people would start doing it.
If heroin was legalized tomorrow, would you try it? While I have heard that heroin is the mack daddy of drugs and have been on legal medication with pleasant effects similar to heroin, I would never try it due to the fact that it is so highly addictive.

I believe that there are different types of people and each would react to legal pot according to their already ingrained beliefs. Some would never try it period. Some would try it legal or illegal, and have and do smoke regardless of legality. Some might be on the fence due to legality, and would perhaps try it since the stigma of legality was gone, and would decide to continue on based on their experience with it. I'm sure I could make up some more categories of folks, but these are the first ones to come to mind.

I think it is similar to whether people will drink alcohol or not. I know some who love to drink, some who don't. I can take it or leave it. Getting drunk feels great at first, hangovers not so good. Moderation is the key for me if and when I choose to drink. I've had some raging hangovers and never want them again. Haven't had one in many many years.

There is a new device that is out now that can supposedly tell if one is currently under the effects of pot.

I've known a lot of pot users in my life and they have driven UTI without ever being pulled over or ticketed for it. Maybe they were just lucky, but again, I've read studies that claim driving UTI of pot has little to no detrimental effects. I just googled "driving while high on pot effects" and came across quite a few studies. After cursory readings of the first 6 or so hits(not on the bong ) from google, regular users showed little to no decreased driving skills. I'm sure many folks would disagree, but I am only stating what I just found.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
That's all we need, more stupid people.

Pot kills brain cells. If you don't believe me, just try to have a conversation with a long time pothead.
haha
this is maybe the most basic, and the most to the point argument I've heard.
(watch a nick diaz interview)
Old 07-28-2011, 09:51 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
haha
this is maybe the most basic, and the most to the point argument I've heard.
(watch a nick diaz interview)
At first I was going to "laugh" at this then I realized what will likely be even more funny is MissFoxy's response.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
At first I was going to "laugh" at this then I realized what will likely be even more funny is MissFoxy's response.
LOL..He's a Diaz fan!!