Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2011, 02:08 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I know many long term pot users, all above average intelligence and quite successful in their careers. Owners of their own business, college graduates, etc. The studies that I have read don't seem to support your claim, nor does my own experience with pot users. Sure if you look only at slacker kids who smoke dope you could get that impression. Back when I worked at the hospital, so many of the resident doctors and other staff hospital members were known to toke up quite frequently. Hard to pass your medical boards if you don't have the intelligence.

Heck, using your standard, I would claim that some of the posters on this forum were potheads because of their lack of basic writing skills. One that comes to mind I doubt uses.

We could also use your definition and say the same about alcohol drinkers, tobacco users etc.
I've known some reasonably intelligent people who became daily pot smokers and now they're complete idiots. I'm not talking about the people who occasionally have a smoke. I'm talking about the daily smoking pot heads. I'm sure some people can smoke it once in a while and show little effect but I've definitely seen first-hand where some people just went way down hill with no other obvious excuse.

If it becomes legal, the daily smokers will likely increase (same as cigarette smokers) and we'll have more lazy idiots laying around talking about the existence of dog.