Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I feel happy. I decided to do Thanksgiving this weekend.

I have pumpkin pie in the oven and an apple pie ready to go in next. I'll also bake my Texas Chocolate Cake this evening and start the cornbread stuffing and Blueberry Salad. Tomorrow I'll put the turkey in and do the giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, salad, and yeast rolls. I normally would make green bean casserole but I ran out of refrigerator space.

~Amy
What time should we be there?

Glad you're feeling happy, Amy. Mmmm...Texas Chocolate Cake...my sister just made one for us on her last visit... <happy sigh>
Old 07-10-2011, 05:26 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Sad and stunned.

One group of old family friends lost their 17 year old daughter/granddaughter to cancer this week. She had been fighting for so long-had transplants,etc. but finally lost her battle. Her viewing/visitation is this evening.

Another old family friend, who graduated with my older brother (2 years ahead of me) shot and killed himself last night. He leaves a beautiful family behind to mourn him, along with many,many friends.
I'm so sorry Dawn. I will be praying for everyone. So sad and tragic.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:28 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Worried.............. Our last ditch effort to get our heads above water fell through today and if we do not see a miracle by the end of the month than my family is in deep trouble. Please pray something good happens like I get the better jobs I have applied for or the bank works with us to restructure our debt even after saying no. I have also put a bunch of my boxing memorabilia up for sale locally and some of my other collectibles hoping to my another month or two. So can my Christian Forum friends please keep my family in your prayers. I am not able but I know God is. Also I know I have been a bit of a rough shot lately and I apologize to much on my mind and I should have just stayed away.
I will be praying Chris. I'm sorry that things have been so tough. Stay strong!
Old 07-10-2011, 05:30 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I feel happy. I decided to do Thanksgiving this weekend.

I have pumpkin pie in the oven and an apple pie ready to go in next. I'll also bake my Texas Chocolate Cake this evening and start the cornbread stuffing and Blueberry Salad. Tomorrow I'll put the turkey in and do the giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, salad, and yeast rolls. I normally would make green bean casserole but I ran out of refrigerator space.

~Amy
Wow! That sounds incredible! I have to say, I'm already sick of hamburgers and hotdogs. lol. That meal you described sounds yummie!!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 AM
surveyorshawn

I finally officially got a diagnosis from my neurologist today in regard to my neurological symptoms, and I officially have multiple sclerosis. It is actually a relief to know for sure what has been going on with me all this time. It has been very frustrating not knowing, and wondering if the doctors really even believed all the weird symptoms I complained of. Now he is working with a drug company to try to get my into some kind of program where they provide treatment at low to no cost. Apparently the better medicines for MS are very expensive. I'm just glad to know what's wrong with me and that I'm not losing it!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

a bit disheartened to be honnest. I've put about three weeks non stop work into making a Wedding Video for my Sister, during which time ive given up all kinds of things to get it done.

She was supposed to get back on Wed, but I never heard nowt, I've phoned and sent txt messages but got no reply...Of course she seems to be talking to Everyone else I know I shouldnt take it personally...but I kinda do
Old 07-24-2011, 12:55 AM
BamaGrits84

I'm angry. I hate liars. It is just a cowardly response to fear. Grow some balls and tell the truth.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I'm angry. I hate liars. It is just a cowardly response to fear. Grow some balls and tell the truth.
He could have just gotten out of a cold pool.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:43 AM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
He could have just gotten out of a cold pool.
You almost sucked me into leaving a comment that would likely get me banned for life.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Primadawn

Homicidal! I'm having the worst Monday ever! They switched our print server over the weekend, and despite their email detailing the success of the operation, they have somehow managed to screw up EVERYTHING in our department!

Also...after having been without a department director for months, we were informed on a conference call that one will be starting on Aug 2. Then an hour later we were informed that she decided not to take the job after all.

Oh..and the original purpose for this morning's conference call? To notify us that we have a patient that is making death threats to our entire department and we should be extra vigilant. Mind you, most of my department is off-site in a locked and secured building. I, along with 2 others, am in the hospital itself, currently in a rather isolated area due to interior remodeling construction. Super.