Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Buzzard

Talking Nicely Pwned

Nicely Pwned

I lol'd.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:29 PM

I lol'd too.

She's an idiot. I don't watch MSNBC too often but whenever I see her, it reminds me of the coverage they did re: the capture of Saddam in his hidey-hole; they had her play Saddam in their re-creation and climb out of this box they constructed - it was hilarious!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I lol'd too.

She's an idiot. I don't watch MSNBC too often but whenever I see her, it reminds me of the coverage they did re: the capture of Saddam in his hidey-hole; they had her play Saddam in their re-creation and climb out of this box they constructed - it was hilarious!!!
That was great. Spider Hole Gold! I hadn't seen that before, thanks for the laugh. I too think she is an idiot based on the few observations that I have had of her. Maybe I should give her another chance????? I rarely if ever watch MSNBC, and those 2 videos are shining examples of why I don't, at least the one that you posted is.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
That was great. Spider Hole Gold! I hadn't seen that before, thanks for the laugh. I too think she is an idiot based on the few observations that I have had of her. Maybe I should give her another chance????? I rarely if ever watch MSNBC, and those 2 videos are shining examples of why I don't, at least the one that you posted is.
Yeah, that was pretty funny; gosh, Stewart hasn't aged in 8 years!!!

Of course, I'm a conservative so I avoid MSNBC. Like you probably avoid Fox. But she does seem like an idiot (FNC has its share, Shep Smith, Hannity, O'Reilly...).

Old 07-22-2011, 05:19 AM
huan

lol, perfect.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Nicely Pwned

I lol'd.
Mo Brooks was district attorney when I first started at the sheriff's dept. That man was notorious for not cutting anyone any slack. And he worked very hard ensuring he had a good case and presented it well. No one wanted to go up against him. When he dug his heels in on a case, it was all over but the crying.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Mo Brooks was district attorney when I first started at the sheriff's dept. That man was notorious for not cutting anyone any slack. And he worked very hard ensuring he had a good case and presented it well. No one wanted to go up against him. When he dug his heels in on a case, it was all over but the crying.
That is so cool, Neez!

I just loathe this type of "gotcha" tactic in journalism; sadly, it seems to be more and more commonplace. Since when is a degree in economics a requirement to having a valid (or valued) opinion on our economic crisis? It's sweet karma that it backfired on her.

Journalists of all stripes would better serve their public if they themselves became more familiar with the subject on which they are reporting, IMO.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Yeah, that was pretty funny; gosh, Stewart hasn't aged in 8 years!!!

Of course, I'm a conservative so I avoid MSNBC. Like you probably avoid Fox. But she does seem like an idiot (FNC has its share, Shep Smith, Hannity, O'Reilly...).
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of unbiased reporting. I have some conservative as well as liberal views on things, it just depends on what the issues are.

I've pretty much given up on watching the news on TV, as it is a lot of fluff with no substance. When I do watch, I look for the topic and try to gather information from additional sources so I can process it better. I definitely don't like Hannity or O'Reilly though. I used to like O'Reilly a bit many years ago, but that faded.

I do like watching Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Sometimes they seem more "newsy" than the news, with some great humor thrown in there. Jon's interview with the Medal of Honor recipient Leroy Petry was great. Much respect for that man.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of unbiased reporting. I have some conservative as well as liberal views on things, it just depends on what the issues are.

I've pretty much given up on watching the news on TV, as it is a lot of fluff with no substance. When I do watch, I look for the topic and try to gather information from additional sources so I can process it better. I definitely don't like Hannity or O'Reilly though. I used to like O'Reilly a bit many years ago, but that faded.

I do like watching Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Sometimes they seem more "newsy" than the news, with some great humor thrown in there. Jon's interview with the Medal of Honor recipient Leroy Petry was great. Much respect for that man.
I liked O'Reilly but the more I watched him, the more I realized he was an arrogant bully who thinks he knows it all. Rush has it right when he calls him Ted Baxter. Just the other day on his show (yes, I still occasionally watch it ) he was talking about a fraternity and pronounced "chi" as "chee" (like cheese). A couple years ago he was interviewing a Latino border expert and he was pontificating about human smugglers, and he called them wetbacks instead of coyotes! OMG, you should have seen his guest's face, he couldn't believe it either. He's so dumb.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
I liked O'Reilly but the more I watched him, the more I realized he was an arrogant bully who thinks he knows it all. Rush has it right when he calls him Ted Baxter. Just the other day on his show (yes, I still occasionally watch it ) he was talking about a fraternity and pronounced "chi" as "chee" (like cheese). A couple years ago he was interviewing a Latino border expert and he was pontificating about human smugglers, and he called them wetbacks instead of coyotes! OMG, you should have seen his guest's face, he couldn't believe it either. He's so dumb.
Ted Baxter, priceless! Another good laugh with the wetback/coyote mix-up. I watch a lot of O'Reilly getting mud in his face on youtube. I agree with you, he is a bully, and a cowardly one at that.