Default World Cup Soccer

Go USA!!!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Buzzard

What a choke!!

Congrats Japan.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I was on the phone with a friend of mine who is half Japanese...luckily for him, it was a win before the game even started, lol
Old 07-18-2011, 12:57 AM

not really super into soccer but that was a great game... Had me on the edge of my seat te whole time!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:42 AM
Buzzard

I get into soccer during the finals. While I am disappointed that the US didn't win, I really enjoyed the sportsmanship displayed during the game. The Japanese team held it together and took it home. I was on the edge of my seat too, thinking we were going to win until Japan tied it at 2. I had a bad feeling in my gut after that as I felt the momentum had turned for the Japanese team. Enjoyable game still.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:21 PM
rearnakedchoke

its great to watch a game of soccer with out players faking getting injured, carried off the field on a stretcher and running back on two seconds later ... say what you want about women's sports, but they play to play and not just look good ... all that diving has wrecked the sport ... hopefully the men can learn something from this .. but i doubt it ... great game and congrats to japan .. they were out twice and came back ..
Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 AM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
its great to watch a game of soccer with out players faking getting injured, carried off the field on a stretcher and running back on two seconds later ... say what you want about women's sports, but they play to play and not just look good ... all that diving has wrecked the sport ... hopefully the men can learn something from this .. but i doubt it ... great game and congrats to japan .. they were out twice and came back ..
I agree, it was nice to watch a game without the fake injuries and all. But it has come over from the men's game in some fashion, Brazil pulled that stuff last weekend.

I don't mind diving to try to get a call, it happens in other sports too. But I hate the overselling of injuries. I used to officiate high school games and when those kids did it I would just yellow card them. Too bad a yellow card means nothing in pros and international games.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Primadawn

I'm really not a soccer fan, but I've been watching lately. Watched the finals at a sports bar in St. Louis--it got pretty rowdy!

It was a good game-I actually REALLY enjoyed watching.