Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1271  
Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,968
Default

FOUND IT
Reply With Quote
  #1272  
Old 07-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Sad and stunned.

One group of old family friends lost their 17 year old daughter/granddaughter to cancer this week. She had been fighting for so long-had transplants,etc. but finally lost her battle. Her viewing/visitation is this evening.

Another old family friend, who graduated with my older brother (2 years ahead of me) shot and killed himself last night. He leaves a beautiful family behind to mourn him, along with many,many friends.
Reply With Quote
  #1273  
Old 07-06-2011, 04:22 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Sad and stunned.

One group of old family friends lost their 17 year old daughter/granddaughter to cancer this week. She had been fighting for so long-had transplants,etc. but finally lost her battle. Her viewing/visitation is this evening.

Another old family friend, who graduated with my older brother (2 years ahead of me) shot and killed himself last night. He leaves a beautiful family behind to mourn him, along with many,many friends.
Horrible, horrible tragedies. God Bless the grieving families.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #1274  
Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Worried.............. Our last ditch effort to get our heads above water fell through today and if we do not see a miracle by the end of the month than my family is in deep trouble. Please pray something good happens like I get the better jobs I have applied for or the bank works with us to restructure our debt even after saying no. I have also put a bunch of my boxing memorabilia up for sale locally and some of my other collectibles hoping to my another month or two. So can my Christian Forum friends please keep my family in your prayers. I am not able but I know God is. Also I know I have been a bit of a rough shot lately and I apologize to much on my mind and I should have just stayed away.
Reply With Quote
  #1275  
Old 07-06-2011, 07:59 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Worried.............. Our last ditch effort to get our heads above water fell through today and if we do not see a miracle by the end of the month than my family is in deep trouble. Please pray something good happens like I get the better jobs I have applied for or the bank works with us to restructure our debt even after saying no. I have also put a bunch of my boxing memorabilia up for sale locally and some of my other collectibles hoping to my another month or two. So can my Christian Forum friends please keep my family in your prayers. I am not able but I know God is. Also I know I have been a bit of a rough shot lately and I apologize to much on my mind and I should have just stayed away.
So sorry to hear that, Chris. We will pray for you all.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #1276  
Old 07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Worried.............. Our last ditch effort to get our heads above water fell through today and if we do not see a miracle by the end of the month than my family is in deep trouble. Please pray something good happens like I get the better jobs I have applied for or the bank works with us to restructure our debt even after saying no. I have also put a bunch of my boxing memorabilia up for sale locally and some of my other collectibles hoping to my another month or two. So can my Christian Forum friends please keep my family in your prayers. I am not able but I know God is. Also I know I have been a bit of a rough shot lately and I apologize to much on my mind and I should have just stayed away.
If the local sale is not working out, perhaps you could list them on eBay. I hope things work out for you. KBO.
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
  #1277  
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

KBO...KBO...

Three top definitions from Wiki:

Kuiper Belt Object Korea Baseball Organization Keep the Bastards Out

__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #1278  
Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
KBO...KBO...

Three top definitions from Wiki:

Kuiper Belt Object Korea Baseball Organization Keep the Bastards Out

Flo, I think you are losing your memory. A number of months ago you were able to find it with an internet search. Actually, when he was talking to women, Churchill would use K.P.O. - "Keep Plodding On". The men received the vulgar K.B.O.
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
  #1279  
Old 07-09-2011, 04:53 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

I feel happy. I decided to do Thanksgiving this weekend.

I have pumpkin pie in the oven and an apple pie ready to go in next. I'll also bake my Texas Chocolate Cake this evening and start the cornbread stuffing and Blueberry Salad. Tomorrow I'll put the turkey in and do the giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, salad, and yeast rolls. I normally would make green bean casserole but I ran out of refrigerator space.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #1280  
Old 07-09-2011, 06:20 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Flo, I think you are losing your memory.
You & Ben are mean!


Actually, that does ring a bell now that you mention it...



Your dinner sounds delish, Amy, maybe you'd share that chocolate cake recipe sometime.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.