Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

FOUND IT
Old 07-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Primadawn

Sad and stunned.

One group of old family friends lost their 17 year old daughter/granddaughter to cancer this week. She had been fighting for so long-had transplants,etc. but finally lost her battle. Her viewing/visitation is this evening.

Another old family friend, who graduated with my older brother (2 years ahead of me) shot and killed himself last night. He leaves a beautiful family behind to mourn him, along with many,many friends.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Sad and stunned.

One group of old family friends lost their 17 year old daughter/granddaughter to cancer this week. She had been fighting for so long-had transplants,etc. but finally lost her battle. Her viewing/visitation is this evening.

Another old family friend, who graduated with my older brother (2 years ahead of me) shot and killed himself last night. He leaves a beautiful family behind to mourn him, along with many,many friends.
Horrible, horrible tragedies. God Bless the grieving families.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Chris F

Worried.............. Our last ditch effort to get our heads above water fell through today and if we do not see a miracle by the end of the month than my family is in deep trouble. Please pray something good happens like I get the better jobs I have applied for or the bank works with us to restructure our debt even after saying no. I have also put a bunch of my boxing memorabilia up for sale locally and some of my other collectibles hoping to my another month or two. So can my Christian Forum friends please keep my family in your prayers. I am not able but I know God is. Also I know I have been a bit of a rough shot lately and I apologize to much on my mind and I should have just stayed away.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Worried.............. Our last ditch effort to get our heads above water fell through today and if we do not see a miracle by the end of the month than my family is in deep trouble. Please pray something good happens like I get the better jobs I have applied for or the bank works with us to restructure our debt even after saying no. I have also put a bunch of my boxing memorabilia up for sale locally and some of my other collectibles hoping to my another month or two. So can my Christian Forum friends please keep my family in your prayers. I am not able but I know God is. Also I know I have been a bit of a rough shot lately and I apologize to much on my mind and I should have just stayed away.
So sorry to hear that, Chris. We will pray for you all.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
If the local sale is not working out, perhaps you could list them on eBay. I hope things work out for you. KBO.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 PM

KBO...KBO...

Three top definitions from Wiki:

Kuiper Belt Object Korea Baseball Organization Keep the Bastards Out

Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
KBO...KBO...

Three top definitions from Wiki:

Kuiper Belt Object Korea Baseball Organization Keep the Bastards Out

Flo, I think you are losing your memory. A number of months ago you were able to find it with an internet search. Actually, when he was talking to women, Churchill would use K.P.O. - "Keep Plodding On". The men received the vulgar K.B.O.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

I feel happy. I decided to do Thanksgiving this weekend.

I have pumpkin pie in the oven and an apple pie ready to go in next. I'll also bake my Texas Chocolate Cake this evening and start the cornbread stuffing and Blueberry Salad. Tomorrow I'll put the turkey in and do the giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, salad, and yeast rolls. I normally would make green bean casserole but I ran out of refrigerator space.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 07-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Flo, I think you are losing your memory.
You & Ben are mean!

Actually, that does ring a bell now that you mention it...

Your dinner sounds delish, Amy, maybe you'd share that chocolate cake recipe sometime.