Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 07-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Never heard of it...but from flicking through the thread...do I gather its about Astral Projections...and Premonitive Visitations.

The truth is, there are so many stories about this sort of thing...particularly from the second world war where Premonitive Visitations are concerned...there has to be a certain grain of truth in it.

I believe Astral Projections are possible. I think they are dangerous if they dont happen completely naturally. When they do occure naturally, The person who has them doesnt know they are doing it, because it happens during slumber, and if the person can remember at all, its like a dream. I remember my Mother talking to me about a dream she used to have. When she was nervous and stressed she used to dream that she was in an abbey, and she always saw a particular monk, who would talk through her concerns with her.

Anyone with a psychology degree could tell you what that means

Until one day she accidently stumbled upon the monastic Foundation in real life. Then it became slightly more serious...and it appears that she may well have been visiting said Monastry in Spirit during her sleeping hours.

Known as an Astral Projection, where the spirit momentarily leaves the body, at least in some part of course...with usual Projections, she wouldnt be able to talk to no monk, coz you cant see a spirit without a body can you...

...or can you...and must it be THE body they inhabit...only MANY war time Mothers have listed experiences where minding their own business, they will be confronted by Visions of their Children...Who are deployed...only to be told that they have been killed in action. We call this Premonitive Visitations....

Now a Visitation is at least partly Biblical, "in the time of their visitation they will shine forth, and run like sparks through the stubble" I think thats either from Psalms or from Wisdom of Solomon, but I cant remember which...we used to say it every day in Matins

The point being, clearly it can happen.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Jonlion, I think you are making an honest mistake. The author of the book in question is Don Piper. There is also an author named John Piper. I would agree with your assessment of John Piper. I am quite skeptical of Don Piper's book.
ha ha oh dear! Completly misread!