Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-24-2011, 05:01 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

To me that Plian clothes officer had no bussiness being involved in a traffic stop and he wiated to long to indenify himself as Police! They probably are mad becuase that video made them look bad!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:39 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
surprised they took you in .. usually they use the "go to jail" threat when they want to scare you into giving them permission to search your car .. i'd a told them to eff off too .. LOL
Yeah in the interrogation room they wanted to scare me with fake charges of resisting arrest and assualt to a police officer. Must have been a slow night too, not many there except a couple drunks who knew me from the bar we were at lol.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:52 AM
REMY

So Police Officers should be video taped huh? Soooo how would you like it if you were video taped at your job? cause anyone here who says they do nothing but work while at their job, and never make a mistake, or screw up is full of B.S. Now, imagine you were in a job dealing with the public, and 10% of them just want you to screw up to video tape you and make you look stupid, and possible go after a law suit.....no so good huh?

Put yourselves in their shoes.

I am unable to watch the video, but some of you guys are plain crazy with your responses.

Flo - you said "In the meantime, the police have enough on their hands - they're outgunned and outmanned by the baddies and never know just *who* they are pulling over. "

Exactly, there are more guns and criminals on the streets then there are cops. Do they make mistakes? yep - they're human! Their job is to keep everyone as safe as they can...think you can do a better job? apply to your local Academy and good luck.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:37 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMY View Post
So Police Officers should be video taped huh? Soooo how would you like it if you were video taped at your job? cause anyone here who says they do nothing but work while at their job, and never make a mistake, or screw up is full of B.S. Now, imagine you were in a job dealing with the public, and 10% of them just want you to screw up to video tape you and make you look stupid, and possible go after a law suit.....no so good huh?

I am unable to watch the video, but some of you guys are plain crazy with your responses.

Flo - you said "In the meantime, the police have enough on their hands - they're outgunned and outmanned by the baddies and never know just *who* they are pulling over. "

Exactly, there are more guns and criminals on the streets then there are cops. Do they make mistakes? yep - they're human! Their job is to keep everyone as safe as they can...think you can do a better job? apply to your local Academy and good luck.
At my job we are videotaped every day. I deal with it, so can the cops.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:42 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:

Your video taped every time you walk into a Walmart store! The cashiers at Walmart are video taped doing thier job. So a cop should be video taped while dealing with the public. It cuts back on potential for abuse of power. Believe it or not some cop's do abuse thier power. As for the video you cannot watch. A guy on a motorcycle was stopped at a light when a guy in plain clothes jumped out of his car with a drawn gun! He did NOT identify himself as Police right off. He did not show a badge,he was not driving a marked car. The motorcycle guy got a speeding ticket! Now I will admit that the motorcycle guy deserved a speeding ticket,in fact he himself admitted that. What got him arrested was the fact that his helmet had a video camera on it whitch was already recording so he also recorded the stop. He then posted it on YouTube so the law arrested him and confiscated his computer! He is facing up to five years in jail for recording a police officer! While I think most cops are honest not all of them are. So to me it's legitimate to watch the watchman! As for me being recorded at work. I used to work at walmart so I was probably on camera alot. Most everybody that does is. So if a cashier can be on camera to make sure they ain't stealing a cop can be on camera to make sure they ain't abusing thier power.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
recording without permission is a felony, which he did, so I understand why he's being brought up on charges. .
Recording anyone...or recording the police

Only the Guilty have something to hide from being recorded.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

I AM recorded at work...and YOU will be recorded outside of work. Have you never heard of Closed Circuit Television.

BUT...I also know WHERE the Cameras are...and where they are not

oh...and I'm in a job, not only dealing with the public...but dealing with public that know if they can record you making a mistake they get compensation of the financial type. Thats more motivation then just wanting to make someone look stupid.

If you have nothing to hide, you should always applaud transparancy.