Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-02-2011, 11:31 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Last round & Simpson throws a few counters in order to close the distance & again pressure against the fence. Brad is able to make some space & get away. They clinch again, Aaron almost gets takedown, but Brad whizzers HARD & stays on his feet. Simpson is eventually able to entangle the legs & drag Brad down. Again, Brad fights his way back up. Aaron trips him down, but AGAIN Brad pops up. Aaron drops for a double & Brad sprawls hard. With about 20sec left, they've been separated & Aaron is finally able to land a solid takedown off a combo.

Should be 30-27 for Simpson. It is.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:44 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Brian Bowles vs. Takeya Mizugaki. Former champ vs. The guy who beat Miguel Torres on short notice. Should be a good time!

Tak lands a couple of right hands that catch Brian's attention. He also throws a nice leg kick. Bowles is staying on the outside & trying to time Miz so he can come in. Eventually, Bowles is able to bull in & tie up on the fence, but it's too little to win the round, IMO. 10-9 Tak.

Hahaha, Joe comments that Brian is circling into the power of Miz & Goldie responds "We all saw when Michael Bisping did that aginst Dan Henderson & it didn't work out too well for him.". Joe says " Ah, there's the understatement of the week.". Goldie - "Eh, it's still early."
Old 07-02-2011, 11:51 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

I the second, Bowles is starting to connect well with his jab. He's also circling more & staying active, in & out. A couple times Miz is able to slip & counter with that right hand. Miz throws a kick, but Brian catches it & takes him down, quickly moving to the back. He's got the figure four body lock & more than a minute & a half to work. Tak's doing a good job of defending the hands & is trying to spin over into Brian's guard, but the body lock has him trapped. Round ends, 10-9 for Bowles. I think they're even.

Brian broke something. His corner refocuses him & tells him "this is where a champion fights!"
Old 07-02-2011, 11:58 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

They engage & clinch, Brian pushing Tak against the fence. They trade knees & Tak is able to turn him & trade places. Brian fights out & they break. Brian shoots a power double, Tak comes back up, but as he does, Brian jumps straight to the back, getting both hooks in & over/under control. Miz is stand with a Bowles backpack against the fence. More than 2min to work. Brian is trying to work his hands up for a choke, but Miz is doing a great job of defending with wrist control. DUMBASS REF JUST THREATENED TO BREAK THEM UP!!!! Shocker, it's Mario Yamazaki. What a flipping moron, Brian was in a CLEARLY dominant position & trying to get his hands free for the choke & Mario made them separate!!!! Brian is shaking out his hand & backing away, not wanting to engage & further injure it. Tak knows he's losing the round & is pressuring forwards.

Brian SHOULD get the decision, 29-28, but with that crap by Mario, the moron refs may not know any better & give the 3rd to Tak.

Thank goodness, they don't.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:02 AM

That was the second time the refs broke it up when I didn't think they should.

You think they are responding more to the crowd's eejit boos? Why else would they do it??

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-03-2011, 12:07 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
That was the second time the refs broke it up when I didn't think they should.

You think they are responding more to the crowd's eejit boos? Why else would they do it??
I think that's exactly why. They wanna force exciting fights so that the fans like them. News flash: THE ONLY TIME WE KNOW YOUR NAME IS WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID LIKE BREAK UP A FIGHT WHEN A FIGHT IS IN A DOMINANT POSITION LOOKING FOR THE FINISH!!!!

[/rant]

Sotiropoulos vs. Dos Anjos

Soto is pressuring early. Neither are really landing too much, but they're swinging. BANG, JUST LIKE THAT RAFAEL DRILLS HIM & HE'S DONE! FIGHT OVER!!!!

Man, Yves comes from all the way across the cage to tackle Dos Anjos & save George from unnecessary punishment. Great counter-point to the crap that Mario just pulled.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:43 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Perfect timing! Got to my table at the bar just in time for the next fight: Guillard vs. Roller

Shane's hands are surprisingly low considering he's facing such a dynamic striker. Melvin's being really aggressive in both his. Attacks & his counters. Shane gets a thumb/finger to thefts, but is able to continue. Me
Vin begins swarming in. Shane tries to clinchforatakedown, but Guillard shrugs it off. they exchange some more & Melvin catches Shane, triggering an auto- shot. Melvin sprawls, comes back up, peppers Roller with more punches & knees, dropping him again. Melvin comes around the guard of Shane & lands one big punch to put him out.

Btw, I heard Goldie refer to Melvin as the "Silent Assassin" , & I just busted out laughing. I mean, there's not a more incongruous nickname. If you call yourself the "Picaso of MMA" with a straight face, I don't think you're the to be called "Silent" anything!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Sotiropoulos vs. Dos Anjos

Soto is pressuring early. Neither are really landing too much, but they're swinging. BANG, JUST LIKE THAT RAFAEL DRILLS HIM & HE'S DONE! FIGHT OVER!!!!

Man, Yves comes from all the way across the cage to tackle Dos Anjos & save George from unnecessary punishment. Great counter-point to the crap that Mario just pulled.
I go into the kitchen for some coffee and miss it! Dayum!

Old 07-03-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Btw, I heard Goldie refer to Melvin as the "Silent Assassin" , & I just busted out laughing. I mean, there's not a more incongruous nickname. If you call yourself the "Picaso of MMA" with a straight face, I don't think you're the to be called "Silent" anything!!!
I thought he was the "Young Assassin". Oh well, I think both names are ludicrous. I did pick Melvin but I'm not a fan.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I go into the kitchen for some coffee and miss it! Dayum!
That darn caffeine fix!