Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-30-2011, 07:29 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default UFC 132 Pre-fight Press Conference

It's live today @ 4pm EST. It'll be streamed on UFC.com, or you can go to MMAFighting.com:

Quote:
UFC 132 fighters will face the media at the UFC 132 press conference two days before they face each other in the Octagon, and we'll carry the live video right here at MMAFighting.com.

Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber, Wanderlei Silva, Chris Leben, Tito Ortiz and Ryan Bader are all expected to participate, as is UFC President Dana White.

The press conference begins at 4 PM ET on Thursday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and the video is below.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/3...ference-video/
Old 06-30-2011, 08:11 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

The presser is starting now. When it's over, I'll post some of the highlights.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:08 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Sorry for the delay, I got volun-told to babysit an IT person & missed a good deal of the presser. Here's what FiveOuncesofPain.com has;

Quote:
This afternoon, a number of the stars set to scrap at UFC 132 were given an opportunity to throw a few final verbal jabs at each other before taking to the cage on Saturday night and unleashing the physical kind in hopes of walking away winners. The UFC 132 press conference featured commentary from headliners Urijah Faber and Dominick Cruz, as well as Ryan Bader, Tito Ortiz, Chris Leben, and Wanderlei Silva.

Five Ounces of Pain was tuned in throughout the festivities and has bulleted a few of the live highlights including interesting nuggets of information and noteworthy soundbytes. Read ahead to find out what’s on the mind of this particular group of pugilists two days out from the event…

Dominick Cruz:
- Added a bit of muscle mass “by design” for the fight with Faber
- Feels Faber’s assertion about him being jealous only real “in his own big head”
- Has three different ways to throw each combination with a different set-up everytime
- Thinks the size of the Octagon will help him based on quickness
- “I always wanted to fight in the UFC but I never dreamed my first fight in the UFC would be a title fight with Tito Ortiz and Wanderlei Silva on the card. It’s an honor.”
- “I’m taking this as an awesome opportunity and am going to have a lot of fun out there.”

Urijah Faber:
- Remembers “Good fight!” comment made towards Cruz that recalled on “Countdown” special and said Cruz was right in feeling as though it was condescending
- “I remember being in high school and watching Tito, being impressed with his charisma, and watching Wanderlei and thinking he was gonna kill everyone.”
- “I think he’s more awkward but we’re both fast.” (when referring to the size of the Octagon vs. WEC cage)
- Feels if he’d grown up in the same neighborhood with Cruz they would have fought then based on the difference in their personalities

Wanderlei Silva:
- Loves the pressure of the long layoff and feels he fights better under pressure, expects a great show on Saturday

Chris Leben:
- “I’m training like this guy needs to go out to destroy me. There’s gonna be some blood, that’s for sure.”
- Says this is the best camp he’s ever had and is in the best shape he’s ever been in

Tito Ortiz:
- Is approaching this like any other fight regardless of speculation around his potential retirement from the sport with a loss / “I feel great. My wrestling has been on point, my boxing has been on point, and my takedown defense has been on point. I corrected the mistakes I made against Matt Hamill and won’t make them Saturday night.”
- Says it’s awesome to fight on the same card as Silva after more than a decade after their middleweight fight at UFC 25
- “I’m a bull. I rush forward and I haven’t done that in awhile.”
- “Rankings don’t mean sh*t.”
- Sees advantages in being the veteran and feels “all the pressure is on Bader”

Ryan Bader:
- Loss to Jones “rejuvenated” him after having fallen into the same “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” mentality prior / “I feel good. I feel like I’m starting over.”
- Still feels pressure and doesn’t want to know what it’s like to lose two in a row / “It didn’t take the pressure off – it motivated me more.”
- Says his takedowns and stand-up have improved a lot since his last fight
- Doesn’t concern himself with being a significant favorite over Ortiz