Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-30-2011, 07:22 PM

Interesting article, Kentucky, thanks for posting it.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
Maybe,Maybe not! If you don't know or have evidence you are just throwing an accusation out and PRESUMING guilty!
Pretty much, I never said it was a fact. It's what I think and I said in the other thread that you don't have to agree with me. What I wonder is that Dana said on twitter in response to people asking to give him another chance that it would be his fourth chance. I know one of those chances was when he tested positive after his first ufc fight and another is this but what is the other one??

I'm even more firm on this stance with Sonnen. He doesn't strike me as the honorable guy (I'm not talking about trash talk either, I'm talking about other things he has been caught doing)
Old 06-30-2011, 08:05 PM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
Pretty much, I never said it was a fact. It's what I think and I said in the other thread that you don't have to agree with me. What I wonder is that Dana said on twitter in response to people asking to give him another chance that it would be his fourth chance. I know one of those chances was when he tested positive after his first ufc fight and another is this but what is the other one??

I'm even more firm on this stance with Sonnen. He doesn't strike me as the honorable guy (I'm not talking about trash talk either, I'm talking about other things he has been caught doing)
I think the other instance was not related to this. I think it was more on fight performances. Dana was not happy with fights like Okami and even Silva, kinda like he chokes in big fights. Or the piledriver on Thiago Silva may not have helped either.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:37 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
IMO, Marquardt's on HRT because of the supplements that made him pop positive before.
It's a possibility, but outside factors would have to play a factor. Most cases you can eventually return to your normal levels, its when you really abuse it or take a concoction that your in danger. Also age plays a factor as well, young adults who abuse the stuff will screw up their T-Levels, some say 18 and younger, others say 21 and under.

What he did prior or after his pos test is anyones guess so you can't rule it out. For all I know he could have purposely ••••ed his own T-Levels up just so he could get on the treatment.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
For all I know he could have purposely ••••ed his own T-Levels up just so he could get on the treatment.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing but why would he do that? Would the treatment really give him a considerable edge in competition?

I just don't understand the whole HRT thing.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Maldonado136

Three Strikes and You’re Out: Dana White Says He’s Done with Nate Marquardt
Posted on June 30, 2011 by Damon Martin

The saga now simply known as “Nate-Gate,” surrounding Nate Marquardt’s removal from UFC on Versus 4 and his subsequent firing by UFC president Dana White, has not only cost him a job, but now he’s been black-balled by the organization.

With fans outpouring for Marquardt to get a second chance after he revealed the nature of the hormone replacement therapy that boosted his testosterone to unacceptable levels by athletic commission standards, White took the time to expand on why he will not be back in the UFC again.

He explained that bringing Marquardt back wouldn’t simply be a second chance, it’s more like three strikes and you’re out.

“To me this is his fourth chance; this would be a fourth chance,” White told MMAWeekly.com on Thursday. “He tested positive before, then apparently he was on suspension with New Jersey because his levels were high, then he comes into (Pittsburgh) and he doesn’t pass his medicals. Now you tell me is that fourth chance or is that a second chance? Sounds like a fourth chance to me.”

The previous positive test that White spoke about stems from a UFC fight in 2005 when, after a win over Ivan Salaverry, Marquardt tested positive for nandrolone metabolite, an anabolic steroid.

Marquardt categorically denied the charges, saying that the substance came from an over-the-counter supplement, but was suspended for five months by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

White admits that Marquardt is well liked among fight fans and by everyone inside the UFC, but it doesn’t mask the fact that he did something wrong and he deserved to be punished for it.

“Nate’s a nice guy, he’s a real sweet, nice, humble guy, but the facts are the facts,” said White. “It’s easier to go after a guy like Josh Barnett, you know what I mean? He’s just callous and rude and a dick, so it’s easier when he does it to just go, you know what? (Expletive) Josh Barnett. The difference is Nate’s such a sweet, nice guy with the same results.”

White also points to the timeline for when he was notified about Marquardt’s standing with the commission that led to his eventual firing. The UFC president says that employees within Zuffa who deal with medicals were notified about Marquardt’s situation, but he was never personally involved in the dealings until two days before weigh-ins for the UFC on Versus 4 event.

“I literally didn’t know that till Thursday, but the people in my organization did. The people who handle the medicals and things like that. I was pretty upset about it when I found out about it on Thursday. If I would have known earlier, I would have made sure it was taken care of differently,” White stated.

Whether the outcry and pleads for Marquardt to be reinstated are loud or soft, White was emphatic in saying that he has fought his last fight in the UFC.

“Nate’s done,” said White. “I’m done with Nate.”

http://mmaweekly.com/three-strikes-a...nate-marquardt
Old 07-01-2011, 01:27 AM

Well, I guess that's that.

Dana is right that there is an outpouring for Nate because he's a likable guy, unlike Barnett.

Kind of like getting behind protecting the baby seals but hyenas are another story...

Last edited by flo; 07-01-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Maldonado136

"He was either trying to cheat, or he has a horrible doctor. You tell me.." - Dana

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/3...ike-tv-situat/

Dana on TRT: "I think it's a terrible loophole."
Old 07-01-2011, 01:58 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Or the piledriver on Thiago Silva may not have helped either.
Yeah or when he tapped against Almeida and then proceeded to start punching him after he lost. You can act polite and soft spoken but your actions say a lot more about you.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
"He was either trying to cheat, or he has a horrible doctor. You tell me.." - Dana

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/3...ike-tv-situat/

Dana on TRT: "I think it's a terrible loophole."
Thanks, Maldonado, great interview. One of the reasons I love Dana is because he calls a spade a spade. So there are the usual dramatics with Tito, sheesh. Guess this means must-win for Tito. I also like Dana's openness re: Spike's negotiation tactics. His comments also helped me understand the whole TRT thing.