Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-29-2011, 12:11 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Good point--also, using that logic, who's next? Pedophiles? After all, they can't help that they're attracted to children, right?
do you really think what 2 gay consenting adults do has anything at all in common with adults that like to have sex with children ?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
do you really think what 2 gay consenting adults do has anything at all in common with adults that like to have sex with children ?
Immorality is immorality. It doesn't matter if it is a man with another man, a married man with a woman not his wife, a man with a child, or two horny teenagers in the back seat of a car, it's all the same in the eyes of GOD.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
do you really think what 2 gay consenting adults do has anything at all in common with adults that like to have sex with children ?
My point was that it's a ridiculous argument for gays to say that what they do is ok because they were "born that way" and can't help who they're sexually attracted to. Neither can pedophiles, but that doesn't make it right.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
My point was that it's a ridiculous argument for gays to say that what they do is ok because they were "born that way" and can't help who they're sexually attracted to. Neither can pedophiles, but that doesn't make it right.
Exactly. And it doesn't make it any more right or okay because they are adults and consenting.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-29-2011, 08:18 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Exactly. And it doesn't make it any more right or okay because they are adults and consenting.
well, since people should not be held accountable to what a certain groups religion says about it, it should be okay since it is between consenting adults ... you can think it is immoral because you have been taught that ... these people are going on their feelings and not hurting anyway in the process ... pedophiles may be born that way, but they are still hurting someone when they act on their feelings .. murderers too, obviously ... since no one is being hurt, should they have to live their lives differently because what your or my religion says is right?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-29-2011, 08:41 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well, since people should not be held accountable to what a certain groups religion says about it, it should be okay since it is between consenting adults ... you can think it is immoral because you have been taught that ... these people are going on their feelings and not hurting anyway in the process ... pedophiles may be born that way, but they are still hurting someone when they act on their feelings .. murderers too, obviously ... since no one is being hurt, should they have to live their lives differently because what your or my religion says is right?
Well, GOD says it's not okay, so no one has the right to contradict that. Even if all the religions of the world and every human being accepted homosexuality as normal, it wouldn't make a difference. GOD would still consider it a sin, so it would still be wrong. Also these "consenting adults" are hurting someone - they are hurting themselves. Maybe not physically (although there is physical pain and tissue damage done during homosexual male relations), but mentally and spiritually.

Personally, I don't care what two "consenting adults" do in the privacy of their own homes. I just wish the homosexuals would keep their sexual activities limited to the privacy of their homes. Instead, they seek to corrupt the minds of children and rub their sexual orientation in everyone's face. They are the ones trying to force their views upon everyone else, Christians are just the last group of people with the courage to stand against it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-29-2011, 08:48 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, GOD says it's not okay, so no one has the right to contradict that. Even if all the religions of the world and every human being accepted homosexuality as normal, it wouldn't make a difference. GOD would still consider it a sin, so it would still be wrong. Also these "consenting adults" are hurting someone - they are hurting themselves. Maybe not physically (although there is physical pain and tissue damage done during homosexual male relations), but mentally and spiritually.

Personally, I don't care what two "consenting adults" do in the privacy of their own homes. I just wish the homosexuals would keep their sexual activities limited to the privacy of their homes. Instead, they seek to corrupt the minds of children and rub their sexual orientation in everyone's face. They are the ones trying to force their views upon everyone else, Christians are just the last group of people with the courage to stand against it.
that i agree with
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, GOD says it's not okay, so no one has the right to contradict that. Even if all the religions of the world and every human being accepted homosexuality as normal, it wouldn't make a difference. GOD would still consider it a sin, so it would still be wrong. Also these "consenting adults" are hurting someone - they are hurting themselves. Maybe not physically (although there is physical pain and tissue damage done during homosexual male relations), but mentally and spiritually.

Personally, I don't care what two "consenting adults" do in the privacy of their own homes. I just wish the homosexuals would keep their sexual activities limited to the privacy of their homes. Instead, they seek to corrupt the minds of children and rub their sexual orientation in everyone's face. They are the ones trying to force their views upon everyone else, Christians are just the last group of people with the courage to stand against it.
Lets start straight couple gatherings and celebrate straightness. I bet that would get us arrested. I wouldnt do that because it would be antagonistic but you get my point.

I cant say anything more than what Nate has. Just wanted to chime in and let u know that you are doing a good job brother, and on this issue, I let you speak for me. Well thought out points and not any room for the other side to hold any weight. keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
To sum up the facts:
1. Marriage is not a right guaranteed by the Constitution, thus denying people the "right" to marry is not denying them any of their constitutional rights.
2. The government should not be involved in marriage at all, it should remain a purely religious institution.
3. The federal and state governments have no right to act outside of the will of the people. This country was founded upon the concept of government "of the people, by the people and for the people."
4. Nobody is born gay, there is no reliable scientific evidence to support the idea that homosexuality is a genetic trait passed on from generation to generation.
1) Somehow that suprises me...because I think that Marriage in the Legal term (the law bound contract and all it entails under law) is something that IS accepted as a Right in England. Hence...why Gays have been able to have civil ceremonies ever since it became legal to be gay (it used to be illegal, and they used to round them up, lock them up, and try and cure them with electric shocks to the brain... )

2) From the view of your founders, its not Necc because its generally assumed as all the Government will be Religious, they would understand its significance, and thereby, not need to interfere. I dont think your Founders took into consideration the profound effect of Secularism.

3) Your Founders Kinda stole that phrase actually, from the Romans. In its original form that phrase was summed up by the Motto in my Avatar...but its true, that if your states make changes like that, surely there should be a referendum first.

4) We dont know if people are born gay or not. We can probably be reasonably sure its not a wholly Genetic trait. There may well be dispositional genetics...but there is definately nurture involved also. Regardless...You cant have gay sex by accident can you?? Just coz you feel like doing something doesnt mean you are forced to do it. I wanted to bundle a senior manager into the compactor today...Had I done it...I dont think the courts would have let me off coz I told them I just felt like I really had too...ahahaha
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well, since people should not be held accountable to what a certain groups religion says about it, it should be okay since it is between consenting adults ... you can think it is immoral because you have been taught that ... these people are going on their feelings and not hurting anyway in the process ... pedophiles may be born that way, but they are still hurting someone when they act on their feelings .. murderers too, obviously ... since no one is being hurt, should they have to live their lives differently because what your or my religion says is right?
But that's where I disagree since I do believe in GOD and what He says is right and wrong, I do believe they are hurting others with their actions in trying to get/force society to agree with what they believe. I agree with Nate that they don't "just" want to be left alone to live their lives. If it was just a matter of them having to live with their choices and the consequences that would be one thing, but that's not what has happened or is happening. What about HIV/AIDS...has that not "hurt" our society...it wasn't some self-contained thing that stayed within the homosexual community, a consequence for some, for their choices; it became a consequence for others who had nothing to do with the gay lifestyle. What about public schools that are bringing in books teaching our kids that being gay is just a different lifestyle choice, but that it's perfectly normal, going against what other parents are trying to teach their own children about what GOD says is right and wrong. Not to mention our tax dollars paying for it! So yes, I do believe harm is being done.

If people don't want me pushing my beliefs on them, that's fine, but, likewise, don't turn around and be a hypocrite by trying to force others to agree to something that they think is wrong and then calling them names like homophobe when they don't.

Nate said it better/best.
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-30-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.