Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-28-2011, 03:31 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I dont think that we are bashing. Is stating our opinion bashing?
i never meant that people from this forum are bashing gays...

although i do think some here judge others a bit harshly sometimes.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:36 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I agree with all your points but the last one, Nate. As Brad said, why would a person choose to be shunned or worse? I don't believe it's a choice.
It is a choice the same way Alcoholism is a choice! If it was something that could not be helped the Bible would not speak agianst it so strongly!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Chris F

As Nate Said there is no evidence it is anything more than a choice. There is nothing in the human genome to make a person gay or not. And we have mapped the entire human genome. Up until the late 80's homosexuality was a mental disorder. Then very good and well funded lobbying got it changed.

Thank you everyone who read it even if you do not agree. Buzzard in the realm of logic you really need to cite some proof sir. By all means if my comments soiled you than you live in a fantasy land of revisionist history. The fact is marriage was religious. DYK marriage licensed were kept by the Mormons for many many years before the gov got involved? If oyu ever try to do geneology you will discover this fact.

Kentuckyredbone- I think you are right they did not even give them the right to vote on it however if the people really did not want it than next election you will see a lot of new Senators and state house members.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:09 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
It is a choice the same way Alcoholism is a choice! If it was something that could not be helped the Bible would not speak agianst it so strongly!
i have a couple of friends that are gay and they say its a choice for them the same way its a choice for you or me to breathe...

but hey...what do they know.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i have a couple of friends that are gay and they say its a choice for them the same way its a choice for you or me to breathe...

Ask heroin users about heroin and you will get a similar response. About half my family on both sides is hollowed out by drugs and alcohol and not one of them ‘chose’ it, but a few have had the strength to choose not to.

As for the marriage ‘right’, can you name one person in your lifetime who was arrested for getting gay-married? Barring polygamy and incest, you can marry anyone or anything you like. What these activists are insisting on is government approval of their relationship. It seems like less civil rights and more self-centered drama queen tantrum.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post

Of course they are going to say that. People with mental disorders rarely believe that they are actually sick.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
There has been no reliable scientific evidence to support the theory that homosexuality is a genetic trait. I took psychology in college and there was no way to prove it back then, in 2003, and there is still no way to prove it now.

Scientists have been trying to find a biological explanation for homosexuality for decades now, so if a true genetic link had been discovered, then you can rest assured that it would make headline news across the country. That discovery alone would make it nearly impossible to deny gays the right to marry and, with Hollywood and the media so unabashedly supportive of the Gay Rights movement, it would become their rallying cry.

Homosexuality itself is likely nothing more than a mental illness. It was listed as such in medical books until 1973 and was only removed for purely political reasons. So they don't choose to be attracted to the same sex any more than a schizophrenic chooses to be schizophrenic. However, pursuing the homosexual lifestyle is most definitely a choice.

Now, I can already hear you say, "if the attraction is not a choice, then why deny them the right to pursue that attraction?" Well, that's working under the assumption that happiness and true purpose in life can only be found by following our physical desires and that our identity is defined by the act of sexual intercourse. The Bible makes it very clear that that is not the case.
Good point--also, using that logic, who's next? Pedophiles? After all, they can't help that they're attracted to children, right?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Good point--also, using that logic, who's next? Pedophiles? After all, they can't help that they're attracted to children, right?
And what about a married man who just can't keep his hands off of other women? Does that mean he was born to be a polygamist? If so, then how can we deny him his "right" to marry multiple women?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:28 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
And what about a married man who just can't keep his hands off of other women? Does that mean he was born to be a polygamist? If so, then how can we deny him his "right" to marry multiple women?
what about "religions" that say it is ok to have more than one wife?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
what about "religions" that say it is ok to have more than one wife?
They simply use what is called serial monogamy rather than cry about it to a gov that can care less. Many Mormons still practice their polygamy just minus the legal documentation. They believe they are married in the eyes of their god and do not care if it is recognized by the civil government.

@brad- feelings are not evidence. If they were you could justify homicide and other crimes. If it was proven by science then there would be no discussion. Also as someone else said this is more of a tantrum than a civil rights issue. As I said in my blog they can get all the same rights but taxation with some simple paperwork. SO there is no civil right to claim lost. They need it to be about them being born that way so they can justify claiming it is a civil rights issue. There is no dispute blacks are born that way. If they were smarter they would make it more about religion because religion is a choice that is federally protected. But since they are more worried about civil rights revisited they will never see the tree from the forest.