Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Gay Marriage a response to New York.

http://southronpartisan.blogspot.com...-my-state.html

This is my response to New York's recent acceptance of Gay Marriage as law.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I don't think they even gave the citizens of New York to vote on it! I think the state Senate just passed it without letting the citizens vote on it!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Good for New York.

I couldn't bring myself to read all of your response because the hatred dripping off of it soiled my shoes.

Why don't you concentrate on vilifying all the good religious folk who practice sodomy? How about cleaning out your own closet and staying out of the lives of other people who just wish the same freedoms as everyone else, one being to marry the person whom they love? Why not work on yourself? Could it be because you would rather spend your energy on hate?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Mark's Avatar
Mark Mark is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 495
Default

I read it all and agree with what he has to say.
Buzzard you are a fool. Do you believe anything in the Bible?
With things like this going on how close are we to the end?
Buzzard what are you going to do when all the christians on earth go to heaven? Whatever you do dont take the mark of the beast!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-27-2011, 11:10 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Good for New York.

I couldn't bring myself to read all of your response because the hatred dripping off of it soiled my shoes.

Why don't you concentrate on vilifying all the good religious folk who practice sodomy? How about cleaning out your own closet and staying out of the lives of other people who just wish the same freedoms as everyone else, one being to marry the person whom they love? Why not work on yourself? Could it be because you would rather spend your energy on hate?
To sum up the facts:
1. Marriage is not a right guaranteed by the Constitution, thus denying people the "right" to marry is not denying them any of their constitutional rights.
2. The government should not be involved in marriage at all, it should remain a purely religious institution.
3. The federal and state governments have no right to act outside of the will of the people. This country was founded upon the concept of government "of the people, by the people and for the people."
4. Nobody is born gay, there is no reliable scientific evidence to support the idea that homosexuality is a genetic trait passed on from generation to generation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-28-2011, 01:08 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
To sum up the facts:
1. Marriage is not a right guaranteed by the Constitution, thus denying people the "right" to marry is not denying them any of their constitutional rights.
2. The government should not be involved in marriage at all, it should remain a purely religious institution.
3. The federal and state governments have no right to act outside of the will of the people. This country was founded upon the concept of government "of the people, by the people and for the people."
4. Nobody is born gay, there is no reliable scientific evidence to support the idea that homosexuality is a genetic trait passed on from generation to generation.



and you know this how Nate ?

do you really think that gay people like being bashed all the time and that's why they want to be gay ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-28-2011, 01:52 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
[/SIZE][/COLOR]


and you know this how Nate ?

do you really think that gay people like being bashed all the time and that's why they want to be gay ?
There has been no reliable scientific evidence to support the theory that homosexuality is a genetic trait. I took psychology in college and there was no way to prove it back then, in 2003, and there is still no way to prove it now.

Scientists have been trying to find a biological explanation for homosexuality for decades now, so if a true genetic link had been discovered, then you can rest assured that it would make headline news across the country. That discovery alone would make it nearly impossible to deny gays the right to marry and, with Hollywood and the media so unabashedly supportive of the Gay Rights movement, it would become their rallying cry.

Homosexuality itself is likely nothing more than a mental illness. It was listed as such in medical books until 1973 and was only removed for purely political reasons. So they don't choose to be attracted to the same sex any more than a schizophrenic chooses to be schizophrenic. However, pursuing the homosexual lifestyle is most definitely a choice.

Now, I can already hear you say, "if the attraction is not a choice, then why deny them the right to pursue that attraction?" Well, that's working under the assumption that happiness and true purpose in life can only be found by following our physical desires and that our identity is defined by the act of sexual intercourse. The Bible makes it very clear that that is not the case.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Mark's Avatar
Mark Mark is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
[/SIZE][/COLOR]




do you really think that gay people like being bashed all the time and that's why they want to be gay ?
I dont think that we are bashing. Is stating our opinion bashing?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-28-2011, 02:18 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
To sum up the facts:
1. Marriage is not a right guaranteed by the Constitution, thus denying people the "right" to marry is not denying them any of their constitutional rights.
2. The government should not be involved in marriage at all, it should remain a purely religious institution.
3. The federal and state governments have no right to act outside of the will of the people. This country was founded upon the concept of government "of the people, by the people and for the people."
4. Nobody is born gay, there is no reliable scientific evidence to support the idea that homosexuality is a genetic trait passed on from generation to generation.
I agree with all your points but the last one, Nate. As Brad said, why would a person choose to be shunned or worse? I don't believe it's a choice.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-28-2011, 02:19 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I dont think that we are bashing. Is stating our opinion bashing?
I'm pretty sure he meant in general, not on the forum.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.