Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Loitering with Intent: Stuart Woods
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 AM
surveyorshawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Lion in the White House: A Life of Theodore Roosevelt" by Aida D. Donald

Teddy Roosevelt is one of my favorite historical figures.

And:

"The Historical Bigfoot" by Chad Arment

which is a collection of old newspaper articles from the late 1700's to the early 1900's. It's pretty interesting, and at times funny. Lots of newspapers of the period made up stories to sell papers, and many folks were afraid of the unknown creatures of the unexplored interior of the continent.

Next on the list:

"Lost + Found: Finding Myself By Getting Lost in an Affair" by David Trotter
This one should hit close to home, and I am looking forward to it!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-26-2011, 02:13 AM
lyndsey823
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hmm let's see, right now I'm reading:

I Drink for a Reason by David Cross
Are you there Vodka, it's me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
Decision Points by George Bush
Junction Boys by ???? (it's at work lol)
American Psycho
Tinkers by Paul Harding
Lost Souls by Lisa Jackson
and I am currently looking for the 2nd book in The Frankenstein series by Dean Koontz

Yeah I'm a bit of a nerd, lol. I love to read. Keeps me out of trouble ;)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-26-2011, 04:38 AM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,259
Default

Litter: How Other People's Rubbish Shapes Our Lives by Theodore Dalrymple
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823 View Post
Hmm let's see, right now I'm reading:

I Drink for a Reason by David Cross
Are you there Vodka, it's me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
Decision Points by George Bush
Junction Boys by ???? (it's at work lol)
American Psycho
Tinkers by Paul Harding
Lost Souls by Lisa Jackson
and I am currently looking for the 2nd book in The Frankenstein series by Dean Koontz

Yeah I'm a bit of a nerd, lol. I love to read. Keeps me out of trouble ;)
Life is short. You will never get back the time you wasted reading a book by Chelsea Handler.
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555

Last edited by Play The Man; 06-26-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-26-2011, 04:43 AM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
"Lion in the White House: A Life of Theodore Roosevelt" by Aida D. Donald

Teddy Roosevelt is one of my favorite historical figures.

And:

"The Historical Bigfoot" by Chad Arment

which is a collection of old newspaper articles from the late 1700's to the early 1900's. It's pretty interesting, and at times funny. Lots of newspapers of the period made up stories to sell papers, and many folks were afraid of the unknown creatures of the unexplored interior of the continent.

Next on the list:

"Lost + Found: Finding Myself By Getting Lost in an Affair" by David Trotter
This one should hit close to home, and I am looking forward to it!
Have you read the Edmund Morris trilogy of TR books? The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt is an incredible book. I was able to snag an autographed copy of Colonel Roosevelt via the Theodore Roosevelt Association. I haven't read it as of yet.
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-26-2011, 06:34 AM
lyndsey823
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Life is short. You will never get back the time you wasted reading a book by Chelsea Handler.
Lol I'll read anything. My tastes are all over the place. If you saw my stack of books that I just finished you'd understand. If it sounds interesting, I'll pick it up!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:50 PM
surveyorshawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Have you read the Edmund Morris trilogy of TR books? The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt is an incredible book. I was able to snag an autographed copy of Colonel Roosevelt via the Theodore Roosevelt Association. I haven't read it as of yet.
I haven't, but I will but them down! My wife gave me The Wilderness Hunter and Tales of a Ranch Hand one year for Christmas, and I enjoyed them thoroughly. She also gave me The Man-eaters of Tsavo by Col. James Patterson, for which Roosevelt wrote the forward.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
I haven't, but I will but them down! My wife gave me The Wilderness Hunter and Tales of a Ranch Hand one year for Christmas, and I enjoyed them thoroughly. She also gave me The Man-eaters of Tsavo by Col. James Patterson, for which Roosevelt wrote the forward.
The Trilogy is a modern masterpiece. The lions are stuffed and mounted in an exhibit at the Field Museum in Chicago. It is worth a look if you ever find yourself in Chicago.
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-28-2011, 01:09 AM
surveyorshawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
The Trilogy is a modern masterpiece. The lions are stuffed and mounted in an exhibit at the Field Museum in Chicago. It is worth a look if you ever find yourself in Chicago.
I've only been there once, and I never left the airport. I had to take a detour flying back from WI due to a blizzard.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.