Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-23-2011, 03:07 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Hey NateR, need a timely news article for some extra fire power?

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/sh...030#post170030
Old 06-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I was talking about the condition of a person's heart while "gambling" (It being a stewardship issue)
Come on man. lol
no way you thought I was going to be that far out in left field. I hope.
Well I'd rather double check and give you the opportunity to clarify yourself then let myself or any others jump to a false conclusion.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Brother I completely understand your point and have from the begining. I know that the heart is the most deceitful member of our body. I have seen and heard arguments for both sides and I choose not to gamble. I preach stewardship and I use gambling as an illustration. I am not trying to make gambling ok, I simply cant call this action a sin without knowing without a doubt. This isnt a bridge that I will die for. The arguments that you make from James are great but they can be applied to anything and make anything a sin. I have actually used those same scriptures in the past as an argument against gambling.

I can promise you that when it comes to right and wrong that I dont follow my emotions. I only want to follow the word. I hope one of us finds the proof that I am looking for.

No sweat about the other day, water under the bridge.
I understand but disagree about the proof not being there. I guess we just disagree on the semantic of what sin is. Sin as described in the bible by Paul and others is clear. The book of proverbs has many verses talking about the corruptness of gains made at another expenses and not by hard work. To me that is all the proof needed. Not to mention what you said about stewardship. Blessing brother.