Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Thanks guys. I believe that she thinks she is doing what is right, or at least I want to believe that. My lawyer has been talking to the judge about the case off & on for the past couple of months, and he is not happy about it. If it was just a civil matter between me and her, I would just let it go, but when it is interfering with the relationship between my son and me, I cannot ever let it go until everything is solved. I was wrong to be so trusting, giving, and lenient after the first time in court in March 2010.
Shawn, I'm so sorry that this is such a burden on your family. I fully retract my previous "Maybe she's scared" post & now stand fully behind bat-$h!t crazy. If there's anything you need (in addition to prayer, obviously), let us know.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:17 PM
BamaGrits84

In your time in a relationship with her did you find her to be a controlling person? She reminds me of someone else I've seen in a custody issue that had a horrible need to control things and people and ended up using a child to control the other parent.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:01 PM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
In your time in a relationship with her did you find her to be a controlling person? She reminds me of someone else I've seen in a custody issue that had a horrible need to control things and people and ended up using a child to control the other parent.
I think that during the affair, or at least after she was pregnant, she probably felt like she had no control, or maybe felt desperate or feelings of desperation. I am just guessing. I don't recall her trying to be controlling of me at any point then. Most of the, for lack of a better word, "disturbing" things happened after Ben was born, even moreso after his surgery. She sent a letter to my mother that contained copies of emails she sent to a church she had gone to while she was pregnant with Ben and for a while after he was born, and in the emails she said that she had post-partem depression. I was never aware of it, but it made some things that had happened easier to understand. Now, 2 years later, I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to go with Mr. Westcott....
Old 06-16-2011, 10:48 PM
surveyorshawn

Court about my summer visitation with Benaiah was today. Really it didn't seem like court, because his mom sat out by the elevators, I sat in the courtroom by myself, and the lawyers talked to the judge in his chambers. Basically I got what I asked for with no resistance. I really don't get it. I don't get why we wasted our time and money when we could have communicated & easily solved the visitation schedule conflict. Oh well, at least we have a permanent schedule now, which is exactly what I wanted so we wouldn't have this arguing every year about when I get to have him. This was all so unnecessary.....
Old 06-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Court about my summer visitation with Benaiah was today. Really it didn't seem like court, because his mom sat out by the elevators, I sat in the courtroom by myself, and the lawyers talked to the judge in his chambers. Basically I got what I asked for with no resistance. I really don't get it. I don't get why we wasted our time and money when we could have communicated & easily solved the visitation schedule conflict. Oh well, at least we have a permanent schedule now, which is exactly what I wanted so we wouldn't have this arguing every year about when I get to have him. This was all so unnecessary.....
I'm so sorry. Eventually you may have to go for full custody of Ben. If/when that happens you will have all of this on record in your favor. Or his mom may just give up the fight and start behaving herself about this after being worn down to the point of moving on with her life. Either way, I hope it all calms down soon for you.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:05 PM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I'm so sorry. Eventually you may have to go for full custody of Ben. If/when that happens you will have all of this on record in your favor. Or his mom may just give up the fight and start behaving herself about this after being worn down to the point of moving on with her life. Either way, I hope it all calms down soon for you.

~Amy

Thanks, Amy. He's an awesome little boy who doesn't deserve to be caught in the middle of a mess like this (not that any child does), but who deserves the chance to have a great relationship with both of his parents.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:06 AM
DonnaMaria

Astonished!

And hysterically laughing at myself!

I started taking ice skating lessons back in February…….and after slamming my head on the ice I started wearing a helmet……..

And then after banging up my knees I started wearing knee pads……..

And after landing on my elbow I started wearing elbow pads…….and wrist guards…..just to be safe………

So I look more like I am taking ice hockey lessons than figure skating lessons……
But a girls gotta have protection………

And I thought all was well…..until my last lesson…….when I couldn’t stop and crashed into the boards…….and fractured my pinkie………

What now??!?! Hockey gloves?!?
Old 06-20-2011, 12:49 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Astonished!

I started taking ice skating lessons back in February…….and after slamming my head on the ice I started wearing a helmet……..

And after landing on my elbow I started wearing elbow pads…….and wrist guards…..just to be safe………

So I look more like I am taking ice hockey lessons than figure skating lessons……

And I thought all was well…..until my last lesson…….when I couldn’t stop and crashed into the boards…….and fractured my pinkie………

DM's new iceskating gear:
Old 06-20-2011, 11:40 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Glad you're getting things worked out. Sorry it took so much effort but I look forward to hearing about visits with your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Astonished!

I've got tons of hockey gear. Do you have a butt pad to protect your tailbone?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Chris F

Feeling terribly sad. Some idiot hit one of our dogs backing up into our driveway. They were on a freaking cell phone and did not hear everyone yelling at him to stop. The asshole also just drove away and did not say anything. If he is smart he won;t visit our neighbor again. Or I just might stick his head under a tire and back up and say sorry on my my cell phone can't hear you scream you worthless terd burgler. The kids are camp luckily but they were be devestated when they get home. Maggie was our first family dog.