Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 06-13-2011, 10:50 AM
County Mike

Broken noses don't give shooting pains like other broken bones. Since it's not weight bearing you don't get the same type of pain like you would putting weight on a leg or trying to use a broken arm. It looks broken to me. Don't worry, crooked noses add character. It's done wonders for Owen Wilson.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:11 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Broken noses don't give shooting pains like other broken bones. Since it's not weight bearing you don't get the same type of pain like you would putting weight on a leg or trying to use a broken arm. It looks broken to me. Don't worry, crooked noses add character. It's done wonders for Owen Wilson.
My broken nose does, its not often and it has to be hit just right, but when it does, the $$#^###$@%!!$^ flies.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
My broken nose does, its not often and it has to be hit just right, but when it does, the $$#^###$@%!!$^ flies.
Well yeah, if you hit it. I just meant since it isn't usually a weight bearing bone or even one used for picking things up, shooting pains wouldn't be as likely to just happen.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Day 3:

Should start getting better tomorrow or the next day I'd imagine. Nose looks much more straight. I do have some crepitus on the left-hand side of my nose though.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 AM
logrus

Quote:
Well yeah, if you hit it. I just meant since it isn't usually a weight bearing bone or even one used for picking things up, shooting pains wouldn't be as likely to just happen.
I get ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Day 3:

Should start getting better tomorrow or the next day I'd imagine. Nose looks much more straight. I do have some crepitus on the left-hand side of my nose though.
Looks like Owens nose to me, does the wife find him sexy or something

Hopefully it ain't tp bad and you can break that chicks nose...
Old 06-14-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Got back from visiting a friend of mine who's also a chiropractor; he adjusted my spine and checked my nose. Good news is, my nose isn't broken, but there are some small bone fragments on the left side. Inflammation and swelling are reducing now.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:12 PM
County Mike

Not arguing, just curious. How do you get bone fragments without the nose being broken?

Sounds like good news though. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. My nose is hideous but chicks still dig me. haha
Old 06-14-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Not arguing, just curious. How do you get bone fragments without the nose being broken?

Sounds like good news though. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. My nose is hideous but chicks still dig me. haha
Well, I'm just guessing it's bone fragments because of the popping when I press on that side. It could just be gas pockets, which would be better.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Day 4, improving now, starting to turn yellow. Thank God it isn't broken! Hopefully Saturday it'll be back in good enough shape that I can kick that girl in the face and my buddy who trained her, lol

Old 06-15-2011, 08:00 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
u look like a Muppet...
yeah, i think she did him a favour .. i actually see an improvement from day 1 - 4 .. LOL ..

just kiddin rock ... i know you can take it ..