Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 06-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Buc Nasty

Fed up.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

so very sad indeed

I found a person from my long distant past, someone who I was friends with, someone who one day simply vanished into the ether. She was part of my social circle at Secondary school, for the first three years. Then one day she didnt tern up to class...and I never ever saw her again. A lot of the people in my social circle at that time were Special Educated Needs...they lived in an area of Lincoln called Bracebridge Heath...it was a horrible, dirty, poverty stricken district, a sort of slum really, over crowded, and full of the stereotypically, not so bright people who would be condemned to living probably a shyty life, maybe they would simply be dumb, maybe they would end up in drugs.

Anyway...I found her...she appears briefly in the first Diary I ever wrote...sixteen years ago...so its been the best part of twenty years...Anyway....I was perusing through her photographs...and I found five small children...absolutely no mention of a Father...and there are pictures of them playing in the Garden...but its the back of a council house somewhere...no lawn...just weeds growing out of the dirt...somehow, its exactly what I pictured things for her would be like....and one wonders what will become of those Children...

I was very lucky when I was younger...we had a large detatched house, with a massive garden, full of flower beds, we had apple trees, we had swings that were put up in the field sized back lawn...it was soooo large the council actually anexed a portion and built a new house on the road at the end...and we still had more then enough room....We had a set of parents who worked hard to support us. I would stay up late everynight and the last activity would be to help Mother close the house down, to draw the curtains, and to stick the cat out, all before our favourite radio programme came on. We would go on school trips to places like Eden Camp (a museum set up on an old WW1 airbase) or to Craindale (a week long orientation and adventure activity centre in the dales)

I dont suppose that Samanthas children get any of that...I mean, I dont think they are unhappy...they just dont know any better then what they have got.

I connected with another friend, from school aswell...last I heard of her she was going through University in Norwich and getting married to her friend, we all were in the same social group during my school exams around the tern of the century. She stuided things like Foreign Languages and quite difficult subjects....I discovered, that she too, has ended up sitting on a checkout at a Supermarket...she hasnt seen her Husband in four years...and they are in the middle of a long devorce proccess....

I wonder if I have failed to appreciate what I have had...in light of what other who, potentially had brighter, or less brighter futures then me...considering we have all ended up in dead end jobs, and living well below the poverty line that...I think...happens to be an appauling norm in the Western World...I dont know if there really is an in the middle...it seems your either wealthy...or your all the same...its not just a sign of the times...its a message about what is important...and how far we are prepared to let ourselves slip before we realize that what we have is what we got...and rather then strive for the impossible...or cry about the improbable...whilst we wait, and toil for a better future...there is plenty not only to enjoy...but also to appreciate and build on...and for some reason....we dont, or cant be bothered to actually be entertained by that

We live for an impossible dream, and we wonder why we are depressed that we havent made it. We believe that a good job, or a better life will be the answer to our prayers and problems...rather then seeing that the plate infront of us...may not be perfect...but it exists...and we discredit ourselves if we dismiss it.

Last edited by Tyburn; 06-11-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Pissed off. Its always one rule for one, and another rule for me
Old 06-13-2011, 12:48 AM
DonnaMaria

How do I feel?

curious .......about Dave's last post.

lol.........

Details please. It's not like you so be so...........succinct.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:34 AM
Chris F

overwhelmed!!!!!!!!!!!! When it rains it pours
Old 06-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
3 weeks and 1 day of pain relief after a 2nd epidural and this morning i wake up in agony. I'm so disappointed! Next Tuesday I'll probably get a referral to a surgeon and I really don't want to take that road but I'm sick of the pain and not knowing when it might force me to put life on hold. No one every wants to face back surgery, especially not when your still in your 20s.
my husband had those epidural shots and the 1st set did nothing. the 2nd set helped very little. the 3rd set helped alot. i've heard that on a lot of people. maybe try another shot. much less painful than the surgery.

he had surgery when he was 25. it really helped him. however he would still have the episodes you are talking about once in a while. make sure and ask the dr if you will still have those episodes of hurting and stuck in bed once in a while. rich did even after surgery. are you hurting down your legs or just your back?

rich hurt his back again and this time we really are trying everything before having surgery. there are so many options available now.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:09 AM
surveyorshawn

Frustrated. Ben's mom's lawyer & my lawyer agreed that my first 2 week summer visitation would start this past Sunday (the 12th) at 6pm. They assured us that his mom had agreed. Based on her past behaviors, I sent her an email Friday asking if she was indeed going to let me get him Sunday at 6pm as the lawyers had said, as I did not wish to disturb her or to drive all the way up there if that was not what she was actually agreeing to. As usual, she never replied.

Sunday afternoon Kim & I drove the hour up to her apartment, and no one was home. Of course I knocked on the door just in case, but no one answered. We waited a good while, and tried to contact her in every way I could, with no response, so we finally just came back home. I honestly just do not get it. I could not treat someone like that at all. I know we had an affair, but we both repented of it (she says she did anyway), apologized, and moved on.

Oh well, I had to spend another day with my attorney drawing up additional contempt papers, having her served, scheduling an emergency hearing for my first summer visitation, and scheduling another hearing for her contempt charges (from last year and this year), as well as writing another large check to my attorney. Incidentally, should she be found guilty of contempt, I am going to ask for all these fees back. I just think all of this is totally ridiculous, immature, and avoidable. Two adults should be able to handle the logistics of child visitation. Rumor around town has it that her lawyer is considering dropping her because she is not following his advice on a consistent basis.

I take no pleasure in any of this, but I have to defend my right to see my son, or I won't get to see him. Court for the emergency visitation is Wednesday at 9am central, and court for the contempt charges against her is Monday at 9am. Please pray for this situation. I don't want to do or say anything wrong. I just want to see my little boy, that's all. The stress is taking a big toll on me physically. My wife is under a lot of stress as she watches what it is doing to me. Ben's mom needs prayer to understand what true forgiveness is and to walk in the freedom that comes with it. Most of all, Ben needs prayer that these things will not have a bad effect on him. This stuff needs to be addressed and taken care of for good
Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 AM
County Mike

Damn Shawn. That really sucks. I hope things work out for you.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Primadawn

So sorry Shawn. Whatever she thinks her reasons are, she's hurting your son by not allowing him to have a relationship with you and form strong bonds during this important time in his life.
I hope things change for you soon!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:47 PM
surveyorshawn

Thanks guys. I believe that she thinks she is doing what is right, or at least I want to believe that. My lawyer has been talking to the judge about the case off & on for the past couple of months, and he is not happy about it. If it was just a civil matter between me and her, I would just let it go, but when it is interfering with the relationship between my son and me, I cannot ever let it go until everything is solved. I was wrong to be so trusting, giving, and lenient after the first time in court in March 2010.