Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-13-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Thats how I had scored them as well, for the Shane fight it was definitely a 30-27 round, but that flurry came so late I don't think it was a 10-8 round.
Exactly.

I mean, I can sorta see them giving Shane only 8 for the first round...but a judge also scored the K-Sos fight and the Cerrone fight 30-26!?! I'm betting it's the same judge.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Dana White is right to be frustrated...BUT he needs to impliment policy.

Why give One guy winners money...when he is NOT the only person who has been robbed?

So White now has a difficult task. If his insitution is going to reward fighters against a judges decision...I shall be watching to make sure that this is something he impliments across the board...and GOD help him if he starts to use if for his own political gains (The UFC usually have a fighter they WANT to win...this is NOT a good place to call a decision bogus if it isnt legitamately close in order to get the result YOU want...and Dana White has the perfect Modus Operandi to do just that...)

Finally...NEVER is Dana White "the voice of the people" I find that offensive considering he is as much to blame for issues related to peoples frustration as the Judges are. Shall we go and ask some people whose lives have been changed MORE by Promotional Bias then the outcome of a single fight. Those who has been fast-tracked only to fail...those who get skipped over because of fast-tracks...those whose promises of opportunity are as swiftly revoked as given by The President...to go on and praise Herb Dean prooves my point...one of the best in the business??? I think NOT!

So...He is right about Judges...but if he plans a reward...I would make it a separate issue...not a winners bonus...but a set amount for a Bum Decision Award And dont ANYONE think Dana White a saint...most of us have been saying the Judges situation has been bad for at least a year if not two...this is the FIRST time Dana White actually adds action to his words financially (I liked the idea of TV monitors...but dont really think it should have taken so long for him to do that, when people have been suggesting that for the last six months!)...dont be that impressed just yet. Wait to see how he handles this over the next six months
Old 06-13-2011, 04:49 PM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
And dont ANYONE think Dana White a saint...most of us have been saying the Judges situation has been bad for at least a year if not two...this is the FIRST time Dana White actually adds action to his words financially (I liked the idea of TV monitors...but dont really think it should have taken so long for him to do that, when people have been suggesting that for the last six months!)...dont be that impressed just yet. Wait to see how he handles this over the next six months
Dana White and the UFC have nothing to do with the judges...they are appointed by the athletic commission. All he can do is voice his displeasure to the AC and hope judges get educated. And I believe Dana has shelled out cash to other fighters before for very poor judges decisions.

As for the tv monitors, I would have to assume that is an AC decision as well.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Dana White and the UFC have nothing to do with the judges...they are appointed by the athletic commission. All he can do is voice his displeasure to the AC and hope judges get educated. And I believe Dana has shelled out cash to other fighters before for very poor judges decisions.

As for the tv monitors, I would have to assume that is an AC decision as well.
Has he??? To who Also...I thought that the TV monitors was his idea I suppose it would have to be certified by the SAC but..I was under the impression it was something he had directly decided to instigate because he was unhappy with how the judging...if anything...is actually getting worse.

I stick by the fact he isnt a voice for the people, and that he aint a Saint though
Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Has he??? To who Also...I thought that the TV monitors was his idea I suppose it would have to be certified by the SAC but..I was under the impression it was something he had directly decided to instigate because he was unhappy with how the judging...if anything...is actually getting worse.

I stick by the fact he isnt a voice for the people, and that he aint a Saint though
Are you serious??? Or just Trolling?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Are you serious??? Or just Trolling?
I'm serious...since when does Dana White speak for the people? He cant speak for the people, because he is upper management of the insitution.

He LISTENS to the people...and then he should do what they want where possible, if he wants their money...but he doesnt speak for us...The people the speak for the sport are the people who post on forums and make videos and the journalists who write about it...THEY are the voice of the people.

thats always how it is.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Dana White is right to be frustrated...BUT he needs to impliment policy.

Why give One guy winners money...when he is NOT the only person who has been robbed?

So White now has a difficult task. If his insitution is going to reward fighters against a judges decision...I shall be watching to make sure that this is something he impliments across the board...and GOD help him if he starts to use if for his own political gains (The UFC usually have a fighter they WANT to win...this is NOT a good place to call a decision bogus if it isnt legitamately close in order to get the result YOU want...and Dana White has the perfect Modus Operandi to do just that...)

Finally...NEVER is Dana White "the voice of the people" I find that offensive considering he is as much to blame for issues related to peoples frustration as the Judges are. Shall we go and ask some people whose lives have been changed MORE by Promotional Bias then the outcome of a single fight. Those who has been fast-tracked only to fail...those who get skipped over because of fast-tracks...those whose promises of opportunity are as swiftly revoked as given by The President...to go on and praise Herb Dean prooves my point...one of the best in the business??? I think NOT!

So...He is right about Judges...but if he plans a reward...I would make it a separate issue...not a winners bonus...but a set amount for a Bum Decision Award And dont ANYONE think Dana White a saint...most of us have been saying the Judges situation has been bad for at least a year if not two...this is the FIRST time Dana White actually adds action to his words financially (I liked the idea of TV monitors...but dont really think it should have taken so long for him to do that, when people have been suggesting that for the last six months!)...dont be that impressed just yet. Wait to see how he handles this over the next six months
Alrighty then!