Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-12-2011, 09:20 PM
cheachea

Default Ancient Babylonian tablets that are similar to Biblical accounts.

I was checking out this site that shows ancient artifacts that are not Jewish and speak of a global flood like Genesis and also the temptation of Adam and Eve.

http://www.roie.org/bab.htm

This is the temptation seal. It is in the British Museum. It was found among ancient Babylonian Tablets. It shows a man and a woman eating from a tree and a serpent standing behind the woman, much like the Genesis account. It is dated 2200-2100 B.C.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore...&retpage=18540

I love finding stuff like this because it helps me build my faith in God's Word.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Chris F

There are a lot of simmilarites in the Ancient Near East. They borrowed from each other all the time when it came to religious and the like. But since the Babylonians wrote it down first people foolishly give them the credit.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:31 AM
cheachea

The other reason I love finding stuff like this is because it helps validate the Bible. Even though the story is a little different it still shows that the people did know and believe the story about the temptation of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden by a Serpent/Satan and the Tree of Life. It's clear that the ancient people did know about creation and the flood even though there versions are messed up.
The difference between the Bible/Torah and these Tablets are that the Bible is the Word of God and the complete truth and these tablets are a skewed version of what really happened, but at least we have a secular version to show that others were familiar with the fall of man and a global flood.