Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-10-2011, 08:15 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
It's logical.. but if it's really because they had desires and "needed" to act on them.. why get a boy?

I mean from a legal point of view.. a moral point of view.. if they were just abstaining... then why not go buy a woman for a few hours.. the public could live with that a lot more than molesting a child...

But I don't know that a "normal" man would enter the priesthood.. any more than a normal woman would be a nun.. I think that there is more to it.. I don't go for the "calling of God".. If that's the truth.. then I have a few concerns..
I don't know either, but all the cases i have heard of involve young boys so I just figured maybe there was something to it. Maybe after years of living with the idea that sexual attraction to a woman was sinful they found interest in young boys? I don't know really. It is sick regardless. I think the principals of the church run in contrast to God when it comes to marriage for priest.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I don't know either, but all the cases i have heard of involve young boys so I just figured maybe there was something to it. Maybe after years of living with the idea that sexual attraction to a woman was sinful they found interest in young boys? I don't know really. It is sick regardless. I think the principals of the church run in contrast to God when it comes to marriage for priest.
It could also just be another form of legalism. The Bible directly prohibits a man from sexually fantasizing about a woman, but it never actually prohibits a man from sexually fantasizing about a man or a young boy. Although, that would just fall under obeying the letter of the law and not the spirit of the law; which was one of Christ's greatest criticisms of the Pharisees.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I wonder if years of shunning normal male desires to remain celibate has some sort of mental impact of these men who really were to cowardly to just tell someone along the line that the had desires and needed a woman. Does that make sense to anyone else?
I've wondered the same thing.

But whatever the root cause, this is sickening. Sick!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-11-2011, 04:01 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Perhaps some homo's become priest in order to hide thier twisted desires! And perhaps the position of power attracts some that would misuse the power. I'm not Catholic so I try not to tell them how to run thier church. However as a Human I don't care what fiath they profess real Pedophiles oughtta be hanged! As for the marriage thing. I can't see not being married in order to be a priest as something I can believe in. However not being Catholic I don't want to tell them what rules to make on that topic! I do think they need to get rid of any known pedophiles in thier ranks though!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
Perhaps some homo's become priest in order to hide thier twisted desires! And perhaps the position of power attracts some that would misuse the power.
More likely, the position and power of the Catholic priesthood is a breeding ground for those very same twisted desires. I believe that most of those priests had no sexual attraction whatsoever to young boys until years and years of repressing their normal sexual desires twisted their minds.

Human sexuality is a gift that GOD created for us. Unfortunately, our sin nature has corrupted and perverted it in almost every conceivable way (and probably in many ways that most people haven't conceived of).
Old 06-11-2011, 12:31 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
More likely, the position and power of the Catholic priesthood is a breeding ground for those very same twisted desires. I believe that most of those priests had no sexual attraction whatsoever to young boys until years and years of repressing their normal sexual desires twisted their minds.

Human sexuality is a gift that GOD created for us. Unfortunately, our sin nature has corrupted and perverted it in almost every conceivable way (and probably in many ways that most people haven't conceived of).
Maybe! I just know I can't believe the way they do! For example I much prefer that A Pastor be married. I do know however that they need to take action against any known pedophiles in thier ranks. I want to believe that the majority of people in all Religious faiths mean well and are out to help. Unfortunately I cannot believe that of the Muslims and if the Catholic church wants to maintain that credibility they MUST take action to get rid of perverts!