Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
like i said earlier, when it comes to this stuff, i am not close to an expert, but this is right dave ... sounds like you are letting men interfere with your relationship with God ..
My Relationship with GOD is not based upon Church....So letting that interfere with my relationship would be difficult. really and truely, there are only two things that interfere with my relationship. Firstly my sinful self, and Secondly attacks from the enemy....because the enemy can infiltrate and influence Christians at time...it does mean that the attacks dont always look like they are of evil origin...and thats what threw me about what happened in London....But logically...its obvious that if you want to distroy and invade a country, the first place you attack is their Military to render it powerless...If you believe we are in a Spiritual War, then you see the Church as the Deployment of Troops in enemy Territory, it then comes as no suprise that Spiritual Attacks can and will take place in a Church environment...of course they do...its effectively an arial bombardment by Demonic Forces

Understanding that has helpped me differentiate between issues that otherwise would have completely distroyed my Christian Faith all together....which, one presumes is the whole point of the attack.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Listen...for a while I worked in a paid position within the Church, I lived in a house partly subsidized by them, and I was funded through much of a degree by them. There was a Priest who was put in charge of my pastoral care, under the mission statement of helping me decide what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Rather then help, He was part of a coup that drove me to the edge of suicide, by forming lies and deceit, which damaged my integrity and very nearly lost me my job (infact, they tried to get rid of me before they could be charged with constructive dissmissal...

That process didnt damage my faith in GOD...but it sure did damage my faith in the Church...I couldnt serve at the altar with the priest because I refused to recognise his authority. I refused to take communion from him...Although I forgave him of my own accord...I could never trust him again, and because of that I found, whilst I could serve for him at the Altar...I couldnt receive from him because I didnt like him, and I thought he was such a poor representative of Christ, I didnt want to be associated with him

Communion is a Church Ceremony for me...its a liturgical rite...Church altogether is optional, Community is advisable, but you dont need a church for that, and Communion (in terms of what I believe it to be...well...I dont need the Church or a Ceremony for that either)

So for me, receiving at Communion is about my standing within that church, and towards those ministers. If I do not like them, or I distrust them, I will not receive from them.
sounds to me like you need to find a good ol baptist church, you already disdain the ritual and religion of church.... you need to experience a good church that is there to worship God and help you pursue a relationship with Christ instead of all the pomp and circumstance of religion
Old 06-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
sounds to me like you need to find a good ol baptist church, you already disdain the ritual and religion of church.... you need to experience a good church that is there to worship God and help you pursue a relationship with Christ instead of all the pomp and circumstance of religion
No, no...you misunderstood. I LOVE Ritual...BUT It is JUST Ritual.

I like High Church Anglo-catholicism Style...but I'm well aware its only because the Ritual helps me to appreciate the splendour and beauty of GOD...Its not Essential to my Spiritual Life...The Established Church is not really Essential for its members...it exists for the benefit of the Heathen...its main focus is The Great Commission...(the "hearts and minds" of the war effort so to speak) Study, Worship, and Community do not need to take place in a Church

most of my worship takes place in a sub zero, sound proof, walk in fridge at work. Most of my Study, has, in the past come from this very forum...and Community, well I was part of a religious lay community for two years, its not reliant on the Church

So Church stuff, and church membership, and ritual...those are between Me and The Church...my Spiritual Life is often enhanced by Church experience, but never diminished, because my primary focus with the Lord never occurs in Church

However...because Communion may or may not have power in its audio and its partaking...if I am not in good standing with EITHER the Church OR GOD OR Both...I wont be receiving as a matter of course.