Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Funny/not funny quotes of the Duke

Barack Obama told the Duke he had just met with the leaders of Russia and China. The Duke asked "Can you tell the difference between them??"

On a 2002 state visit to Australia, the Duke enquired to the cheif of the Aboriginee "Do you still throw spears at each other??"

On being forced to visit Canada, yet again in 1976 "we dont come here for our health, we can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves"

In 2002 after breakfast in France "The French dont know how to cook breakfast!"

"Any bloody fool can lay a wreath at the thingame" (He means the Cenotaph..)

Speaking with a Scot MP about the Tarten design that appeared to celebrate the Popes visit "thats a nice tie, do you have any knickers in that material" and yes...she was a female minister

about the State Banquet "I never see any home cooking, all I get is this fancy stuff!"

On inspecting a fuse box "it looks as though it was put in by an Indian...I meant to say cowboy, I just go my cowboys and indians mixed up..."

To a British Student in China whilst on a State Visit "if you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes"

"If it has four legs but is not a chair, two wings and it flies, but is not an areoplane, and if it swims but is not a submarine...the cantonese will eat it"

"I would liek to go to Russia very much, although the did murder half my family"

When on a state visit to bangladesh, he calls in at a youth hostel and asks the first 14 year old he sees "soo whose on drugs here" and then points to another and says "he looks as if he's on drugs"

to a returning British student from Southeast asia..."so you managed not to get eaten then..."

"young people are just the same as the always were, they are just as ignorant"

To a foreign diplomat "You have Mosquitos...I have The Press" (that was front page the next day )

When offered fish at a seaside deli "no, I would probably end up spitting it out over everybody"

Talking about Princess Ann "If it doesnt fart, or eat hay, she isnt interested"
Old 06-09-2011, 03:51 AM

I guess I'm pretty thick today! I read the first 3 or 4 and thought WTH is this stuff? I don't believe John Wayne would say these things. What's up with him "talking" to Obama?

I skipped to the bottom and I recognized the Princess Anne comment; I realized Dave was posting about the Duke of Edinburgh, not THE DUKE!!!

Dave, I have heard that Phillip has foot-in-mouth disease. Rereading these, I can see why!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

sorry for the confusion