Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
So why isn't birth control? Birth control is a choice made BEFORE the conception of a child. The new life created by 2 people is where the man's rights should come in.
Hey.. I am a guy..

Personally feel my input is almost null and void when it comes to the matters of conception.. But many men feel "victimized".. when the girl gets "knocked up".. If a man doesn't want to be a dad he can make the same call on birthcontrol on his own as a woman can. He can glove it.

Just like if a woman decides to keep a baby.. and the guy doesn't want to.. it's "ultimately" her decision. The old.. "He talked me into it.." that doesn't really wash with me... It shouldn't be a decision at all if you ask me. Who the hell thinks it is okay to sit around and decide if you want to MURDER you baby? This is a person we are talking about! Can you imagin is we were sitting around ehre talking about some who was tired of taking care of their 15 year old? You don't kill a child just because you don't want it, especially if the other parent does!
The guy has very few "rights" when it comes to a matter of pregnancy.. granted many don't want them anyway... And unfairly so. If 2 people are not willing to be responsible enough before hand to discuss birthcontrol they BOTH leave themselves open to the possibility of becoming a parent. So why post sex should the woman get to make all the calls about the outcome?
Her body.. her choice.. pretty much everyone else needs to shut up.. IMO... two people did it.. two people have to live with the choices.. Two people did it and only one gets a say so in what happens next? That's BS.

But with it being her body.. her choice.. which many people belive to be true.. that doesn't mean that the woman shouldn't get information that "the happy couple" receive.
a
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:10 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Then we get into the discussion.. when does life begin?? that's another thread...
Genetically, a single fertilized egg is indistinguishable from a fully grown adult human. All the genetic information that will make that person who they are is determined at conception.

Thus, speaking purely from a scientific standpoint, life begins at conception.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post


Birth control is a choice made BEFORE the conception of a child. The new life created by 2 people is where the man's rights should come in.

But they don't. Not trying to be rude.. it's just the facts...


Quote:
If a man doesn't want to be a dad he can make the same call on birthcontrol on his own as a woman can. He can glove it.
And when that fails?


Quote:
It shouldn't be a decision at all if you ask me. Who the hell thinks it is okay to sit around and decide if you want to MURDER you baby?
Apparently a large portion of the worlds population... again not being rude.. but you seem to think that this "happens so very rarely"... and that isn't the case.

right/wrong.. it's going on.




Quote:
This is a person we are talking about! Can you imagin is we were sitting around ehre talking about some who was tired of taking care of their 15 year old? You don't kill a child just because you don't want it, especially if the other parent does!
Many do. Casey Anthony right a bell? My whole point is that it's the woman choice.. and should be..

Quote:
And unfairly so. If 2 people are not willing to be responsible enough before hand to discuss birthcontrol they BOTH leave themselves open to the possibility of becoming a parent. So why post sex should the woman get to make all the calls about the outcome?
Because it's the woman's body.. not the man's.

There are many different areas that this can go off to.. let's all regroup.

what's the concern.. that people are having abortions or that she (in the orginal post) may have had one without his consent? I am willing to discuss both.. but I just want to understand where the issue is.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Genetically, a single fertilized egg is indistinguishable from a fully grown adult human. All the genetic information that will make that person who they are is determined at conception.

Thus, speaking purely from a scientific standpoint, life begins at conception.
ok. given that.. I can see the potential for the "indistinguishable" comment..

a single cell.. compared to a 4 month old inutero child.. I would say that is a big difference...

can you/would you agree that alot of people would not agree that life begins at conception? cause what we are looking at.. at that point.. is really little more than cell division..
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:39 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

When it fails? Then you get over yourself and be a decent human being. You find a way to change your life and become a parent (even if only 1 person wants to) or allow a couple that wants a child to adopt your child. The RIGHT thing to do is not to murder your child because you would rather it not conflict with the life you want. That's a risk everyone that has sex takes. I was 17 when I got pregnant. You know what I did? I got a job, not an abortion!

You think I think abortions are a rarity? By no means and that is what sicknes me so much! 1 in every 3 new lives will be terminated. That "large portion of the worlds population" thinks murder is an accpetable form of birthcontrol. Do you know that MOST abortions occur because no birthcontrol at all was used?

If Casey Anthony killed that baby when she was 3 moth pregnant no one would even bat an eye.

Once conception has taken place it isn't just the woman's body. It is a new body, a new life, that is composed by 2 people, not 1.

I'm always prolife, but when 1 parent is willing to raise a child why murder it? I guess I hate that women can murder their babies as a standard form of bithcontrol and that there is nothing to stop them from doing it when the man, the other people involved in the life of that baby, has zero way to stop it.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:45 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Abortion is what modern femanazi's are all about! If you ain't willing to pay the fiddler don't dance! It's that simple. To kill a human life for the sake of convenience if Evil!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Dethbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
cause what we are looking at.. at that point.. is really little more than cell division..
Whose cells? I mean, these are presumably human cells that are dividing, what human do they belong to? Their DNA is different from the father or mother, what other human being are these cells a part of?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
When it fails? Then you get over yourself and be a decent human being. You find a way to change your life and become a parent (even if only 1 person wants to) or allow a couple that wants a child to adopt your child. The RIGHT thing to do is not to murder your child because you would rather it not conflict with the life you want. That's a risk everyone that has sex takes. I was 17 when I got pregnant. You know what I did? I got a job, not an abortion!
Great. Glad you did it. But not everyone feels like you do. That's not my point.. unless you want to go down that road..

My point is that it is a womans choice.. and the guy should have no real say so in the matter..

Quote:
You think I think abortions are a rarity? By no means and that is what sicknes me so much! 1 in every 3 new lives will be terminated. That "large portion of the worlds population" thinks murder is an accpetable form of birthcontrol. Do you know that MOST abortions occur because no birthcontrol at all was used?
You come across as that yes.. to me at least...

I know more about this subject than you may think..

Quote:
If Casey Anthony killed that baby when she was 3 moth pregnant no one would even bat an eye.
Nope. right or wrong.. nope.

Quote:
Once conception has taken place it isn't just the woman's body. It is a new body, a new life, that is composed by 2 people, not 1.
after a certain point I would agree to that.. no problem.

Quote:
I'm always prolife, but when 1 parent is willing to raise a child why murder it? I guess I hate that women can murder their babies as a standard form of bithcontrol and that there is nothing to stop them from doing it when the man, the other people involved in the life of that baby, has zero way to stop it.
So you belive that a woman who gets pregnant has no choice but carry the baby to term? Any flexibility to that?
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,001
Default

its a little too late to let your partner know how you feel about the baby, AFTER the abortion
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
ok. given that.. I can see the potential for the "indistinguishable" comment..

a single cell.. compared to a 4 month old inutero child.. I would say that is a big difference...

can you/would you agree that alot of people would not agree that life begins at conception? cause what we are looking at.. at that point.. is really little more than cell division..
There is no difference. Except that after four months there are millions of cells with the same Genetic code. IF you see a difference, thats an emotional attachment...its not scientific....it may "look" more human, it may "be" more developed....but Genetically speaking, its simply divided and multiplied a few times. The Genetic code wont change once the half from the egg are fertilized by the other half needed to begin multiplication.

What do you think Scientifically life is? You say "little more then cell division" around fifty percent of created life exists as single celled organisms...so what is your point? your point is inferiority Vs Superiority....based on nothing but the amount of cells an organism has...BIZZARE!

if that holds true...then I am worth more then you, for my size dictates I have many more cells then you, thus, further advanced, thus more important and has a better right to live.

You see how silly it is when you add emotive things into a Science lesson. It is irrefutable that "life" for a Human begins when the first cell divides. That is not negotiable...its a scientific fact. IF ANYONE desputes that, they are WRONG. The second it divides, its alive....infact...really...its living as a single cell before that...but we wont confuse the matter by saying that as both the sperm and egg are living cells, they are alive as soon as they come into being...long, long before fertilization
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.