Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
That is a good point about dad's support. He doesn't have a choice in that matter at all. And even the news broadcasts Deadbeat dads; pics and everything.

A woman has a choice. And she can make the dad pay/support the child until they are 18 yoa (216 months). She can even do it through (our tax payers money) court system if she chooses. I wonder why a dad can't insist that she give only 9 short months of her life for the same purpose.
Exactly. If an unmarried mom can say to the father of her baby, "I don't care if you don't want a child. I do and I'm having it. And you are responsible for paying child support until the child is an adult", why can't an unmarried dad say the same thing?
Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 PM
County Mike

I think a dad should be able to insist she birth the baby as long as he's willing to take full custody after birth. If she agreed to the unprotected sex, she agreed to the possibility of a baby being conceived. However, if the dad isn't willing to take full custody, then he loses his right to insist on anything.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:34 PM
County Mike

Of course, a little common sense before conception goes a long way towards avoiding this whole situation.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Of course, a little common sense before conception goes a long way towards avoiding this whole situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
I imagine he would have had a lot more say in the matter if he had married her BEFORE he got her pregnant, but that isn’t fashionable anymore, is it?
Both great points, County Mike & Dethbob.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Takes 2 to tango. And honestly, no, he wouldn't have any more say. A married woman can get an abortion just like a single one.

Sure they can.... they just say that they aren't married....

It's similar to when I went and got fixed.. they asked me if I was married.. I said no.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
---------------------

So you are in favor of the father being able to dictate the way the woman lives while "knocked up"

what if she wanted an abortion and he didn't. What if she wanted to have the baby.. and he didn't..
SW I am for the right of the baby to be born. I can careless about the stupidity of the parents.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
And honestly, no, he wouldn't have any more say. A married woman can get an abortion just like a single one.
Trust me, I've tried it both ways, and you definitely have more influence over a wife than an ex-girlfriend.

Quote:
Takes 2 to tango.
Yes, but only one to control the zipper. How does that old saying go, 'he who controls the zipper...'?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Trust me, I've tried it both ways, and you definitely have more influence over a wife than an ex-girlfriend.
Ohh yeah... you ever tell your ex-GF to go make a sammich!.. it just don't work as well...
Old 06-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:

It's similar to when I went and got fixed.. they asked me if I was married.. I said no.
okay i'm taking the bait....why would you say that? what would have been the difference in saying yes? i had my tubes tied when i had surgery a few years after having my kids. they ask married/single on the paperwork at the hospital. it would never have crossed my mind to lie about it.

it sure is a crazy world we live in. i can't understand how a woman would conceive or abort a baby without support (i don't mean $) from baby daddy. i would be mad if i was the dad too. i don't think putting it on a billboard was smart but i understand where he is coming from. can you imagine how much you would hate someone if they killed your kid?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Primadawn

Quote:

So what you're saying is...you're a great big liar liar pants on fire?