Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I read this and my take was that he was trying to bring focus to the point that fathers have no say in whether or not a mother decides to end her pregnancy.

He didn't use her name, so unless people knew the 2 of them personally, it wasn't releasing private info.
EXACTLY +1
Old 06-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well, in the end, they shouldn't ... abortion is a tough topic to talk about, but in the end, a man shouldn't be able to make a women have a child ..
That is probably the most Asinine thing I heard in a long time. Before i say something I should not I will walk away. That is wrong RNC it is a life not a piece of property.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:28 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
That is probably the most Asinine thing I heard in a long time. Before i say something I should not I will walk away. That is wrong RNC it is a life not a piece of property.
+1
Old 06-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
well, in the end, they shouldn't ... abortion is a tough topic to talk about, but in the end, a man shouldn't be able to make a women have a child ..
---------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Quote:
inally Posted by BamaGrits84
+1
So you are in favor of the father being able to dictate the way the woman lives while "knocked up"

what if she wanted an abortion and he didn't. What if she wanted to have the baby.. and he didn't..
Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Dethbob

I imagine he would have had a lot more say in the matter if he had married her BEFORE he got her pregnant, but that isnít fashionable anymore, is it?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
I imagine he would have had a lot more say in the matter if he had married her BEFORE he got her pregnant, but that isnít fashionable anymore, is it?
Well Said!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
really?!?!?!? so should a man have to pay child support if he doesn't want to?? should he have the option of killing the baby within a certain amount of time after it is born? we've all seen the signs that say something like " john doe pay your child support" isn't that the same thing? should child support be banned under the same principles that a man doesn't dictate what a woman and her child can do?

and to be fair, the billboard never mentioned a name, it just said that the mother of his child killed it, maybe he wasn't talking about the lady who sued him, and the lady admitted to it knowing she was the one that killed his baby.... and actually it doesn't say she got an abortion, it says she decided to kill her/his child, that doesn't necessarily mean a doctor did it
That is a good point about dad's support. He doesn't have a choice in that matter at all. And even the news broadcasts Deadbeat dads; pics and everything.

A woman has a choice. And she can make the dad pay/support the child until they are 18 yoa (216 months). She can even do it through (our tax payers money) court system if she chooses. I wonder why a dad can't insist that she give only 9 short months of her life for the same purpose.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
---------------------

So you are in favor of the father being able to dictate the way the woman lives while "knocked up"

what if she wanted an abortion and he didn't. What if she wanted to have the baby.. and he didn't..
As I said:

Quote:
The right to life for the child should win. I would say the same thing about a father who didn't want to be on the hook for child support for a child he doesn't want that now tries to force an abortion on the woman.
I don't think he should be able to dictate the way she lives in full, but I do think ANY woman carrying a child should refrain from harmful behavior. Women who are on drugs can be jailed in some states to ensure the safety of an unborn child.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
That is a good point about dad's support. He doesn't have a choice in that matter at all. And even the news broadcasts Deadbeat dads; pics and everything.

A woman has a choice. And she can make the dad pay/support the child until they are 18 yoa (216 months). She can even do it through (our tax payers money) court system if she chooses. I wonder why a dad can't insist that she give only 9 short months of her life for the same purpose.
Excellent point! By the way if her name wasn't mentioned or made available I don't see her compliant! That billboard seems tamer than the Westboro loons!
Old 06-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Takes 2 to tango. And honestly, no, he wouldn't have any more say. A married woman can get an abortion just like a single one.