Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-28-2011, 10:48 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Don't hold your breath, Kentucky...they really only concern themselves with liberal women's issues. In all fairness, they have probably made a statement on the subject sometime in their organization's history, just so it's on the record. But these Saudi women aren't going to push NOW's liberal agenda so why waste time on them? The Christian churches do far more to help these women.
I find it pretty sad! I wouldn't want my Wife or Daughter to be subject to thier law! If I had a Daughter that is.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-29-2011, 01:46 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Thank you, Miss Foxy, I totally agree.
Sorry, I guess it was a gallows humor kind of day.

Of course it's upsetting. Of course it's horrific. That's why I send money their way to try and help these women. Hopefully more can break out of their misery.

It's sad. There are sad things going on each and every second. Sometimes you gotta try and forget all the sadness around. If I didn't laugh and joke at school I would cry most of the day. What these women are going through is bad but no worse than what thousands of children endure each day at the hands of their parents. I give money to them to. It's all I can do for now. That and pray.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-30-2011, 05:18 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Sorry, I guess it was a gallows humor kind of day.

Of course it's upsetting. Of course it's horrific. That's why I send money their way to try and help these women. Hopefully more can break out of their misery.

It's sad. There are sad things going on each and every second. Sometimes you gotta try and forget all the sadness around. If I didn't laugh and joke at school I would cry most of the day. What these women are going through is bad but no worse than what thousands of children endure each day at the hands of their parents. I give money to them to. It's all I can do for now. That and pray.
Donna Maria, I didn't mean my comment as a reflection of your post at all! I made it in context to the article & Miss Foxy's comment - about what the guys were saying.

I am the same way, if I thought about all the terrible things happening to kids and animals, I would cry all day too.

You do far more for children than I will ever do, I really respect and admire you!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Sorry, I guess it was a gallows humor kind of day.

Of course it's upsetting. Of course it's horrific. That's why I send money their way to try and help these women. Hopefully more can break out of their misery.

It's sad. There are sad things going on each and every second. Sometimes you gotta try and forget all the sadness around. If I didn't laugh and joke at school I would cry most of the day. What these women are going through is bad but no worse than what thousands of children endure each day at the hands of their parents. I give money to them to. It's all I can do for now. That and pray.
Where do you send money to? This is not a cause that needs finances it's more a human rights/political cause.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-31-2011, 01:42 AM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Where do you send money to? This is not a cause that needs finances it's more a human rights/political cause.
Well, I think this is a cause that very much needs finances.

For a multitude of reasons. You can read more here. Itís a great resource.

http://www.cdhr.info/index.php?optio...d=78&Itemid=66

You can make a donation at this website. I give through my church who in turn gives money to our missionaries who work in neighboring countries. They are not only trying to spread the word of Christ but they are also trying to establish resources for women who want to leave their Saudi husbands.

I also donate to http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.6694391/

This organization donates livestock to women so that they can support their families. Not in Saudi but in other areas where women have limited resources.

ChildFund International http://www.childfund.org/children/ ( formally Christian Childrenís Fund ) is where I support a child in Indonesia. The girls and I have known our sponsored child for 10 years now and he is about to graduate.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-31-2011, 01:44 AM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Don't hold your breath, Kentucky...they really only concern themselves with liberal women's issues. In all fairness, they have probably made a statement on the subject sometime in their organization's history, just so it's on the record. But these Saudi women aren't going to push NOW's liberal agenda so why waste time on them? The Christian churches do far more to help these women.

AMEN!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-31-2011, 02:03 AM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Donna Maria, I didn't mean my comment as a reflection of your post at all! I made it in context to the article & Miss Foxy's comment - about what the guys were saying.

I am the same way, if I thought about all the terrible things happening to kids and animals, I would cry all day too.

You do far more for children than I will ever do, I really respect and admire you!!!
Hey I'm just glad that we are still okay and that I didn't offend you! I was really worried that you took my words the wrong way!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-31-2011, 05:25 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Hey I'm just glad that we are still okay and that I didn't offend you! I was really worried that you took my words the wrong way!
No worries! You rock, DM.

{{{DonnaMaria}}}
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

These women have much more important things to worry about than being able to drive a car.

Cry me a river.....
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
These women have much more important things to worry about than being able to drive a car.

Cry me a river.....



I didnt just laugh
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.